IGNORED

Im Stuck

I started modding fallout 4 yesterday with a clean install and using mod organizer I install f4se 6.20 correctly console returns the version number and everything I also change the fallout custom ini file and so I go through the basic mods looksmenu and armor keywords cbbe and bodysldie etc and I test it and it crashes before I even make it to the vault  around the bridge so I disable everything just running f4se from mod organizer it still crashes before I can make it to the vault any ideas would be helpful because im lost. Edit: works fine launching from steam regularly.

2 hours ago, drone24 said:

I started modding fallout 4 yesterday with a clean install and using mod organizer I install f4se 6.20 correctly console returns the version number and everything I also change the fallout custom ini file and so I go through the basic mods looksmenu and armor keywords cbbe and bodysldie etc and I test it and it crashes before I even make it to the vault  around the bridge so I disable everything just running f4se from mod organizer it still crashes before I can make it to the vault any ideas would be helpful because im lost. Edit: works fine launching from steam regularly.

If it's working fine with the steam launcher.exe then it's your install of Mod organizer or FSE thats broken. and do remember after editing the INIs files to set them to Read only.

33 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

If it's working fine with the steam launcher.exe then it's your install of Mod organizer or FSE thats broken. and do remember after editing the INIs files to set them to Read only.

will having them not set to read only cause that crash also i do not think its mod organizer because i use it for skyrim and it works fine and i just used the button to switch games to fallout 4 also I just need to change the fallout custom ini right?

46 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

Just tried setting it to read only doesn't fix the crash.

Are you running the F4SE_Loader.exe through Mod Organizer 2 ? (Button above plugins)?

Binary should be something like "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\f4se_loader.exe"

and Start value "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4"

And do you also have the Scripts folder from the F4SE archive installed correctly? (Just the EXE and 2DLL's is not enough).

If so, then i would disable every mod 1 by 1 and test it, saving just before the moment you crash.

12 minutes ago, SilverPerv said:

Are you running the F4SE_Loader.exe through Mod Organizer 2 ? (Button above plugins)?

Binary should be something like "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\f4se_loader.exe"

and Start value "C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4"

And do you also have the Scripts folder from the F4SE archive installed correctly? (Just the EXE and 2DLL's is not enough).

If so, then i would disable every mod 1 by 1 and test it, saving just before the moment you crash.

Yes i am running it through the organizer via the button and yes the binary and the start in are correct i keep them in diffrent drive but they are correct and im 90% sure i installed f4se correctly i opened the rar file and dragged everything to the fallout 4 folder  but there is a new development launching directly from f4se loader exe will make it work fine so im not sure what difference there is using mod organizer to launch it.

35 minutes ago, drone24 said:

0% sure i installed f4se correctly

Spoiler

image.png.daf5d4931cfa452e00a17343bbd96d47.png

Do you have the Scripts folder installed in Mo2 like this? or did you manually copy it into your Fallout 4\Data\ folder?

dragged everything to the fallout 4 folder 

If so you should have a folder called Fallout 4\Data\Scripts containing a large number of .pex files displayed above on the left of the screenshot.

The files displayed in the screenshot are from the latest F4SE version (0.6.20) for Fallout 4 v1.10.163.

launching directly from f4se loader exe will make it work fine so im not sure what difference there is using mod organizer to launch it.

Mo2 also uses it's own set of Ini files, perhaps the difference here is causing your crashes.

image.png