[mod] LuxuriaFantasia - Beyond Heresy

So im lost here. I cant seem to get any of the beyond Heresy events to fire. Im an Incubus with well over 1000 Prestige and Piety with Theology focus, Master of the Cult of Seduction. I have Dark World Reborn and Luxuria Fantasia. Using LF Beyond Heresy. I dont know what im doing wrong and this seems to be the only mod that is a fun way to get Enatic sucession in a Feudal Catholic Kingdom. I hope im just being dumb and missing something.

P.S. I dont have that much time and experience in CK2 so kinda a newbie here

Edit: I got the customize religion option after i turned off everything except LF. LF: Beyond Heresy and then tentacles. AND i had to start a new game and pick the option to be a half demon from the start. Idk if it was the LF cheat menu that i got it but somehow it sorta.... worked

On 12/28/2019 at 6:23 PM, Dehlaz said:

Yeah, I managed to stumble around into it, and it mostly works but is a little weird as I can never seem to change targets, and the Pope's choice of targets is sometimes questionable. Also the artifact rewards still say they were rewarded by the Catholic pope. Still, it was fun to claim the majority of England for the Lilithanists when the Lilith-Pope finally chose a sensible target for the 3rd Crusade, and the gold/piety rewards are just as insane as the HF Catholic crusades.

My Crusades were quite successful though, as by the time they were being called I had formed the HRE as a Lilithanist (modded this possibility in, if Fraticelli can do it then I say Lilithanist should too), and I started at the Charlemange start date and had managed to get a huge empire by the time of the crusades kicking off. I got pretty lucky when my plan to start as the Queen of Austrasia and conquer Germany and Italy got sidetracked when a faction in West Francia overthrew their ruler and put me on the throne for whatever reason, then shortly after I got the Lilith heresy event to fire while still on my first ruler. With all of France properly Lilithanist, it was a simple matter to Holy War my way through Italy and all the way to Rome to put the Lilithanist pope where she belonged.

Gorgeous! I wonder why my new lilith crusades often fail due to the low power. Maybe that's because I enjoy changing different branches of christanity. In fact, I prefer balance and struggle between catholic and our new religion , not totally replacement.By the way, I tried to let lilith has catholic investiture and ruler nominate , just like every contradiction between church and rulers in catholic. We can let lilith church use pope succeed law but I can't let rulers nominate bishop regularly, the option often disappears.

2 hours ago, skv said:

Gorgeous! I wonder why my new lilith crusades often fail due to the low power. Maybe that's because I enjoy changing different branches of christanity. In fact, I prefer balance and struggle between catholic and our new religion , not totally replacement.By the way, I tried to let lilith has catholic investiture and ruler nominate , just like every contradiction between church and rulers in catholic. We can let lilith church use pope succeed law but I can't let rulers nominate bishop regularly, the option often disappears.

In an earlier version, I modded in the ability for Lilithianists to be able to do that. The Lilith Papacy had the full works, so I don't know why Aliris only used part of what I did. You might want to check my alterations and compare it with what she has done currently.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 4:21 PM, lineage112 said:

Could someone confirm that its working with the latest version of luxuria? for some reason Lilithnism doesnt seem to be showing up in the ruler designer or even in game

Should work. The religions themselves are just locked down by

allow_in_ruler_designer = no

Which kind of makes sense, if you have an entire event chain for it to unlock.

Are you supposed to be able to change inheritance laws as a Khadimist?

Having founded the religion, I can't, but I'm seeing a lot of Khadimist subjects, in Khadimist provinces, with a pure agnatic succession that they shouldn't be able to have. (Or perhaps conversion isn't properly changing their laws too?)

21 minutes ago, Hesperis said:

Are you supposed to be able to change inheritance laws as a Khadimist?

Having founded the religion, I can't, but I'm seeing a lot of Khadimist subjects, in Khadimist provinces, with a pure agnatic succession that they shouldn't be able to have. (Or perhaps conversion isn't properly changing their laws too?)

Looking at the LFBH Lilitu Events.txt event file it unlocks enatic-cognatic succession, but it doesn't change any of the titles to follow it. As far as I know, the change happens if your vassals follow your crown laws and you have enatic-cognatic succession chosen. This only happens if they are your de jure vassals though. If they aren't then it will take 100 years for them to end up de jure and they are now forced to follow your laws.

Curious. I even ran a quick set-up game to see if making my empire title before or after made a difference. It remains that all my vassals, even de jure and converted, continue to follow pure agnatic open. Even my owned kingdoms are stuck on agnatic. As far as some extra testing goes, it looks like titles I directly create (having converted) end up on enatic cognatic open - including e.g. Egypt, outside my de jure Hispanic title - but titles I usurp (diplomatically or via Invasion) remain agnatic.

Guess I might do a redownload and see if there was something a bit off in the files?

43 minutes ago, Hesperis said:

Curious. I even ran a quick set-up game to see if making my empire title before or after made a difference. It remains that all my vassals, even de jure and converted, continue to follow pure agnatic open. Even my owned kingdoms are stuck on agnatic. As far as some extra testing goes, it looks like titles I directly create (having converted) end up on enatic cognatic open - including e.g. Egypt, outside my de jure Hispanic title - but titles I usurp (diplomatically or via Invasion) remain agnatic.

Guess I might do a redownload and see if there was something a bit off in the files?

That's pretty strange. There's another problem with the Khademist religion in that you can't create the religious title. I found that out in one of my games.

• 1 month later...

I've always had trouble getting the succession laws with Khadimist to work right. The game really really doesn't seem to like those tweaks to muslim succession, mostly. It's probably something I need to try several playthroughs and debugs of, but even the last time I was actively playing I got distracted by the shinies with Holy Fury, and spent my time on catholics and pagans predominantly (as well as playing a lot of Angels, thanks to the Angelic powers LFBH now has).

On 1/7/2020 at 4:32 AM, SamIAmHam said:

In an earlier version, I modded in the ability for Lilithianists to be able to do that. The Lilith Papacy had the full works, so I don't know why Aliris only used part of what I did. You might want to check my alterations and compare it with what she has done currently.

It's been a while since I last looked at it, but if you want to send me over the aspects I'll comp the two and see about (Re) adding things.

On 3/29/2020 at 11:58 PM, Aliris said:

I've always had trouble getting the succession laws with Khadimist to work right. The game really really doesn't seem to like those tweaks to muslim succession, mostly. It's probably something I need to try several playthroughs and debugs of, but even the last time I was actively playing I got distracted by the shinies with Holy Fury, and spent my time on catholics and pagans predominantly (as well as playing a lot of Angels, thanks to the Angelic powers LFBH now has).

It's been a while since I last looked at it, but if you want to send me over the aspects I'll comp the two and see about (Re) adding things.

That's all the changes I made to make the Lilithianists work identically to the Catholic Church.

DWF BH Alterations v3.zip

On 3/30/2020 at 5:58 AM, Aliris said:

I've always had trouble getting the succession laws with Khadimist to work right.

Muslim rulers can't change gender laws until they unlock "full status of women" in the demesne laws tab, so the pertinent conversion event should do that on top of setting inheritance to enatic-cognatic, removing the need for the custom succession laws you added to the mod.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:41 AM, fdiscodude said:

i cant seem to get this mod to run with DWR, just black screens for me. Weird thing is, it'll run with DWR if i don't have cheri's tent mods on, and it will also run with cheri's if I don't have DWR on. All updated, all dlc. 

You need the version for DWR - this one is for compatibility with Luxuria Fantasia only.

On 4/1/2020 at 7:52 AM, AlexWyrmin said:

Muslim rulers can't change gender laws until they unlock "full status of women" in the demesne laws tab, so the pertinent conversion event should do that on top of setting inheritance to enatic-cognatic, removing the need for the custom succession laws you added to the mod.

Ah, good point. I'll make sure to set that in the next set of updates (as I have a few other bugfixes, a few broken titles, and some minor balance tweaks to put in as well).

3 hours ago, Aliris said:

Ah, good point. I'll make sure to set that in the next set of updates (as I have a few other bugfixes, a few broken titles, and some minor balance tweaks to put in as well).

Could I suggest changing Khadimism to a Shiite heresy? Narrative-wise it'd work better that way, considering the player character conversion event accuses Abu Bakr of having committed sacrilege by suppressing the knowledge of Fatimah being THE Prophet, rather than her father.

10 hours ago, AlexWyrmin said:

Could I suggest changing Khadimism to a Shiite heresy? Narrative-wise it'd work better that way, considering the player character conversion event accuses Abu Bakr of having committed sacrilege by suppressing the knowledge of Fatimah being THE Prophet, rather than her father.

That's not a bad idea - though maybe there should be a Shiite branch where they insist on a descendant of Fatimah, etc, and a Sunni branch where they don't think that, and so forth.

54 minutes ago, Aliris said:

That's not a bad idea - though maybe there should be a Shiite branch where they insist on a descendant of Fatimah, etc, and a Sunni branch where they don't think that, and so forth.

Not acknowledging Abu Bakr as the rightful First Caliph automatically excludes any possible branch of Khadimism from ever being considered Sunni.

What you're proposing however is broadly what happened historically, even if for different reasons, when the Kharijite heresy first appeared.

To be honest, a Khadimist form of Kharijism would be almost indistinguishable from historical Kharijism, except for the fact its adherent would need to lead a sinful life, rather than a sinless one, to be in the running for the position of Caliph.

As for the requirement of being "Fatimah's Blood", if we establish she was resurrected as a succubus right after her historical death, it could be met by acquiring the Demonic Bloodline from the Society of Seduction, since "Fatimah's Blood" could just as well imply the need for Khadimist Caliphs to be demons.

Could instead switch Khadimism over to being an Ibadi heresy, given its relative close similarity overall to the kharijite heresy that already exists, essentially a slightly different explanation given and thus its inversion, i.e. the caliphs are in itself fallible and thus may have kind of bent the truth somewhat for their initial benefit, which is what it also alludes to in the other big monotheistic branches. Plus, Ibadi only has one heresy where as sunni and shia already have several, some of which are not technically even heresies see Yazidi.

As for Lilithianism itself, i think its holy sites should be changed, or rather two of them. Specifically Canterbury and Cologne kind of dont really make sense in the context that its around Jesus, or Lilith specifically in this instance and should perhaps be more centered on the middle east geographically. One option for example is making Edessa a holy site for it, given its location and relation to Jesus as attested by one of the vanilla Artifacts where as the other would...well thats technically where it gets murky due to the story of where Lilith ultimately ended up, since the land of Nod was described but there isnt exactly a proper location given as to where it would be, except "to the east" of Eden and we can surmise it to be a desert. So perhaps it might be somewhere east of Baghdad within the Persian Empire dejure region, another option would be simply to make Baghdad itself the holy site due to Babylon/Tower of Babel.

On the other side, in regards to the orthodox variant..maybe switch it from orthodox to messalian, since thats essentially already kind of similar in features and expand that instead of making it an orthodox heresy? Especially so given that Catholicism and by extension Lilithianism can be heresified by mending the schism anyway. Dont really need two in that branch then.

@AlexWyrmin

Well, true, i was mostly going by the logic that the two "big" branches already have several heresies each to their name, and given some generic overlap between many of them being mostly interpretation of specific sections of the Koran/Hadith or a matter of inheritance it would technically fit everywhere if you dig hard enough. Ibadi was simply a suggestion because it only has one heresy hence less issue in the long run about heresies popping up. Plus there is a gameplay aspect that the Fedayeen/Hashashins are tied to Shia. Not sure if they follow the same logic of flipping to the new "mainstream" once Khadimism as a Shia Heresy becomes dominant as it happens with christian holy orders, if it doesnt cool, if it does however they do not exactly fit into the concept around Lilith-worship, i mean unless "assassinations" now put more focus on the ass part of the act.