Mustelidae/Weasel-like Anthro Race Request

FlagrantlyFurry

Greetings to my fellow Loverslab denizens. Usually I only lurk here, unless I feel I can make some insightful commentary or suggestions, so excuse my low post count, I however do enjoy the comunity here and have great respect for the all the well tailored work that is completed or planned on here. Anyways It is my personal belief that if one is to make a fantasy world, that there be some truly unique and different creatures in the world, unique and different creatures truly out of the expected or ordinary. In that regard Skyrim has done this very well, both in terms of the enemies you must face and the races you can select from.

The Khajits and Arogonians have a culture and appearance that are both living up to the standard fare of fantasy should be to me.

In terms of mods however, I feel there is a strong tendency towards highly human based race mods, while I admire the great amount of talent and work that goes into these mods, I feel the great amount of variety anthropomorphized animals can allow is overlooked. I can be honest with myself and say that I have slight bias, being a furfagiod and such, but the point I made about the true variety animal races is still a very sincere and honest view, I truly feel this can make the game more enjoyable and fascinating, especially considering if the animal race can have its own lore incorporated into the world of Skyrim. Now of course again being a furry, I wouldn't mind nudity, but of course its not mandatory, as I personally feel it would just be a blessing to see a new anthro race at all, considering that there are very few.

Anyways, I particular had a Mustelidae type race in mind, considering they when games actually do feature anthropomorphic characters I hardly ever see Mustelidae characters. It would be very intriguing to see, for example, a Pine Marten based race. Its a very obscure but interesting species that can be worked creatively into Skyrim I think. Well the details of the race in question (assuming somebody is interested in this request)can easily be worked out if there is a particular species that somebody is interested in creating into Skyrim. Thank you to anybody who read over my full post, even if your just reading it, it is highly appreciated.

Well, let's see here. There is a beta lilmothiit mod around lovers lab. It's not working very well - which can be fixed with some tweaks on the ck - but there, a vulpine counterpart of beast races, that's already part of the lore.

Second, there is a fully working canid-like race, that's not part of the lore, but the author made sure to write a good and immersive explanation for the race. It also works pretty well and even has an 'unofficial patch' to give it new body meshes. So there, another beast race.

Finally, there is a project here that aims to make an otter-like race. Considering both here know some anthro characters, think "Zaush's otters". I believe while not what you're asking for, it does get pretty close. The mod, however, is right now stuck on just a few models, and not even an esp.

I'm hoping to fix this by 1: making my own humanoid race with custom bodies and equipment, so I can learn the ck mumbo-jumbo for this kind of thing. 2: Learn some decent texture work, so I can help with the mod that will give the morrowind look back to beast races. and 3: use my knoweledge from both of those mods to help finish the Cellan race [otter-like]

Well' date=' let's see here. There is a beta lilmothiit mod around lovers lab. It's not working very well - which can be fixed with some tweaks on the ck - but there, a vulpine counterpart of beast races, that's already part of the lore.

Second, there is a fully working canid-like race, that's not part of the lore, but the author made sure to write a good and immersive explanation for the race. It also works pretty well and even has an 'unofficial patch' to give it new body meshes. So there, another beast race.

Finally, there is a project here that aims to make an otter-like race. Considering both here know some anthro characters, think "Zaush's otters". I believe while not what you're asking for, it does get pretty close. The mod, however, is right now stuck on just a few models, and not even an esp.

I'm hoping to fix this by 1: making my own humanoid race with custom bodies and equipment, so I can learn the ck mumbo-jumbo for this kind of thing. 2: Learn some decent texture work, so I can help with the mod that will give the morrowind look back to beast races. and 3: use my knoweledge from both of those mods to help finish the Cellan race [otter-like']

Thanks for informing me of these mods. I did a search on the site for the lilmothiit mod, hopefully with some extra work it can be made into a fully functional race mod, seems promising, with some work I think it can be made into a good new beast race. I'm wishing the best of luck to it's author.

If I'm not mistaken the second race mod you refer to is the Vaalsark, correct? I've seen that one, its a good example of what I'd love to see more of in terms of new races. It has well thought out lore to back it up is definitely very well made in terms of modelling and animation.

The last one I was somewhat aware of I think, though I assumed that it was dead or abandoned due to the long silence regarding the mod's current progress. I had not known it was made with Zaush's style of anatomy though it is still good to hear that the development has not been abandoned. Anyways, best of luck to you in your undertaking in making your own humanoid race and your development on the Cellan race. It'd definitely be great to have more beast races appear in the future, so I'm glad to hear your making an effort to finish the Cellan race.

Archived