Need help with internal HDD

Rokabur

Did you assign a drive letter? 

If it says the disk space is unallocated it's at least a good sign it's being recognized but if you don't assign a drive letter you can't go to that "unallocated space" from within Windows.

Just right click on the drive from within disk management and click on the change drive letter and paths. The other steps should be pretty self explanatory, just assign it a drive letter and you should be done.

22 hours ago, SirNibbles said:

Did you assign a drive letter? 

If it says the disk space is unallocated it's at least a good sign it's being recognized but if you don't assign a drive letter you can't go to that "unallocated space" from within Windows.

Just right click on the drive from within disk management and click on the change drive letter and paths. The other steps should be pretty self explanatory, just assign it a drive letter and you should be done.

I figured it out after I posted here and before you replied. After more reading I did have to right-click and select it as a volume in order for it to get assigned a drive letter, I just didn't know how to delete this thread since it kinda makes me look like a dumbshit. Took 5 hours transfer the 1.1TB of Steam games from my 2TB E-drive to the new 6TB G-drive (plus had to spend a while resetting up Mod Organizer 2 when transfering the VFS files from my C-drive to my now less full E-drive).

Archived