Jump to content
IGNORED

Texture Issue on Mage Robes


Recommended Posts

I got a strange bug on mage apprentice robe variant 1 and 2.

The "robe texture" seems to be used as "body texture" but only on the variants 1 and 2. All other clothing and armors work perfect (checked in qasmoke).

In NifSkope and BS/OS the textures are displayed correctly. Changing the textures didn't help, even with the original backup.

 

Can anybody tell me what went wrong?

 

Spoiler

1045150349_SkyrimSE2019-11-2709-48-33-96.jpg.2e2b9e631c5be982f84b169071a2582e.jpg897702344_SkyrimSE2019-11-2709-48-41-42.jpg.6120a45d2e364b0a528f2cf6702a881b.jpg52621957_SkyrimSE2019-11-2709-42-48-44.jpg.766b19eb74987603770c93182b0bb53f.jpg293182476_SkyrimSE2019-11-2709-48-26-31.jpg.b6f428365e2b87b61f76cdd67829f3fc.jpg1986626141_SkyrimSE2019-11-2709-42-29-95.jpg.f46eded97df026100505928a2fbe85ec.jpg

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Nimius said:

I got a strange bug on mage apprentice robe variant 1 and 2.

The "robe texture" seems to be used as "body texture" but only on the variants 1 and 2. All other clothing and armors work perfect (checked in qasmoke).

In NifSkope and BS/OS the textures are displayed correctly. Changing the textures didn't help, even with the original backup.

 

Can anybody tell me what went wrong?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

1045150349_SkyrimSE2019-11-2709-48-33-96.jpg.2e2b9e631c5be982f84b169071a2582e.jpg897702344_SkyrimSE2019-11-2709-48-41-42.jpg.6120a45d2e364b0a528f2cf6702a881b.jpg52621957_SkyrimSE2019-11-2709-42-48-44.jpg.766b19eb74987603770c93182b0bb53f.jpg293182476_SkyrimSE2019-11-2709-48-26-31.jpg.b6f428365e2b87b61f76cdd67829f3fc.jpg1986626141_SkyrimSE2019-11-2709-42-29-95.jpg.f46eded97df026100505928a2fbe85ec.jpg

 

Could be that the items are misaligned relative to their ARMA/armor addon's texture sey entries.  This might happen if you (or someone else) modified the order of the blocks in the nif file.

Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Could be that the items are misaligned relative to their ARMA/armor addon's texture sey entries.  This might happen if you (or someone else) modified the order of the blocks in the nif file.

I never touched the nif file except in BS/OS.

Can you tell me how to check this or is there a guide for this? I usually don't use NifSkope so I'm pretty lost...

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Nimius said:

I never touched the nif file except in BS/OS.

Unsure why you think BS/OS wouldn't count.  If the order of objects changed, that'd do it.  If the body you replaced had an additional part or changed the number of parts, that'd do it too.

 

You can open the esp in xEdit and look at the texture set layout.  It will list them 0, 1, 2 and should have names corresponding to the blocks in the nif.

 

They order of the blocks in the nif needs to match those on the texture set, excluding cases where the blocks don't texture swap.

 

Example:

In xEdit's ARMA entry, the outfit may have clothing first (Robe or whatever), and the body second.

As long as the nif's order is the same (Robe, body...) and any "extra" parts come after that, it should work.

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...