IGNORED

Vampire problems with sacrosanct and a custom race

For some reason, my character isn't turning into a vampire. I have sacrosanct, racecompatibility and the fixes - still hates me. I am using the ningheim race which has worked fine in the past, the ningheim race is flagged correctly for vampire change it just doesn't seem to like sacrosanct. How can I fix it? I can manually force my character to change race via the console but I'm after an in-game fix, ideally.

17 minutes ago, Snowmoon said:

For some reason, my character isn't turning into a vampire. I have sacrosanct, racecompatibility and the fixes - still hates me. I am using the ningheim race which has worked fine in the past, the ningheim race is flagged correctly for vampire change it just doesn't seem to like sacrosanct. How can I fix it? I can manually force my character to change race via the console but I'm after an in-game fix, ideally.

Do you happen to use the mod Alternate start?  I discovered that Sacrosanct breaks if it loads before alternate start or any of its addons.  I have Sacrosanct pretty much near the bottom of my load order.  In fact I think Sexlab Eager NPCs is the only thing I have loading after it.

1 hour ago, Aki K said:

Do you happen to use the mod Alternate start?  I discovered that Sacrosanct breaks if it loads before alternate start or any of its addons.  I have Sacrosanct pretty much near the bottom of my load order.  In fact I think Sexlab Eager NPCs is the only thing I have loading after it.

Oh, yes I do! The game is utterly unplayable without it due to the sheer wealth of bugs in the vanilla start. My load order is LOOT organised but I can try scoot it to the bottom and see what happens.

10 hours ago, Snowmoon said:

Oh, yes I do! The game is utterly unplayable without it due to the sheer wealth of bugs in the vanilla start. My load order is LOOT organised but I can try scoot it to the bottom and see what happens.

Trust me, this will solve so many problems.  Because alternate start has an option to start you as a vampire, it breaks the vampire quest.  After sorting things, I recommend using console commands to restart the player vampire quest.  Then try converting into a vampire.  (Or start a new file).

Tried googling the exact commands but can't seem to find them.  But what you should do is roughly the following.

1. player.setrace (your race).  To return your character to being completely non-vampire.  I.E. (player.setrace imperialrace)

2. stop playervampirequest.

3. reset playervampirequest

4. start playervampirequest

5. Then try to become a vampire (since you use sacrosanct use the additem command to get a potion of embracing.  If it works, congrats.  If not, try again in a new file.  If it still doesn't work, something else is wrong).

I don't know the exact commands for steps 2-4 but you should be able to look up the commands and then in game search the playervampirequest.