A Dark Tranquility Quest

So some background. I'm coming back to fallout new Vegas\3 (Tale of Two Wastelands) and my first agenda was to test what mods made the broken steel DLC not work. I did this by getting a relatively clean save, with the only mod that is not required to play TTW being item browser to give me a plasma rifle to kill everything in my way, Just before entering project purity and dying. made my save and started loading my mods.

when I loaded the save, one of the first thing that happen was a quest fail called "A Dark Tranquility" it doesn't happen when i start from the beginning so when I started my playhouse and got to Tranquility lane and Executed order COMMUNISM (the good Karma way of killing everyone with a fail safe) I got "A Dark Tranquility" Quest fail. So i started poking around.

After making Timmy cry and accepting Dictator Betty's task of braking up a marriage, I got to say "Fuck you" to Braun Which in turn made him do the same to me, "DIGITALLY". So I followed this chain of events.

Walking the "dog"

Braun made Doc do the Discovery Channel with my character and told me to go visit the women in the Tranquility lane with my Big Doc, first problem:

Control not given back when starting.

so I used console commands to give myself control of myself and continued with the quest

When telling your "dog" to fuck someone in a house it will glitch you and not allow your dog to fuck and continues to do so until you reset

I manage to make My Doc Foc every women in the lane and finished a quest, then another quest started

The Braking 

This aptly name quest is where I am now. Braun turns into his old self (literally) and fucks me BUUUT:

After giving a blow job and a bit of dialog, Braun will get Alzheimers and forget that he was supposed to say something after fucking you twice

He then reverts to Default dialog loop of greetings and goodbyes. The quest Broke (GET IT!?) and I can't continue the normal quest since Betty is gone.

I think this is from TTW Quest overhaul and since that mod is not getting updated, I doubt this will be fixed (or finished)

This is my question: is it finish and can I bypass this quest break?

Lots of mods got broken in newer TTW updates and if you are using a 3.X version of TTW with 2.X mod this is likely it. You can look in FNVedit under TTW Quest overhaul quest entries and see if you can console command and just use set stage commands or maybe just straight up use a complete quest command outright to get around it. Otherwise your options would be remove the quest and all corresponding entries to it via FNVedit and load a save just before starting it or remove the mod. Unless you want to actually go in an rewrite all broken entries to the quest yourself.

3 hours ago, aghjax said:

Lots of mods got broken in newer TTW updates and if you are using a 3.X version of TTW with 2.X mod this is likely it. You can look in FNVedit under TTW Quest overhaul quest entries and see if you can console command and just use set stage commands or maybe just straight up use a complete quest command outright to get around it. Otherwise your options would be remove the quest and all corresponding entries to it via FNVedit and load a save just before starting it or remove the mod. Unless you want to actually go in an rewrite all broken entries to the quest yourself.

I draw the line on coding. Also, the quest fails and the exit will turn up if you use the fail safe so i still have the option of ignoring it. But I also like to clarify that this quest is completed right? it's just broken?

• 9 months later...

Don't know if you still care about this, but from reading FNVedit it seems that the quest breaks with Braun, the quest progress has you fucking multiple creatures after he he finishes fucking your pussy and ass, but it seems  the script is broken or something, I don't know much about modding myself, other than basic mod compatibility but i can assure you that it isn't a mod incompatibility at least, I'm going to try advancing the quest through commands, won't reply to this unless someone else asks the results of what happened

• 2 years later...
On 8/15/2020 at 9:43 AM, TaelF said:

Don't know if you still care about this, but from reading FNVedit it seems that the quest breaks with Braun, the quest progress has you fucking multiple creatures after he he finishes fucking your pussy and ass, but it seems  the script is broken or something, I don't know much about modding myself, other than basic mod compatibility but i can assure you that it isn't a mod incompatibility at least, I'm going to try advancing the quest through commands, won't reply to this unless someone else asks the results of what happened

2 years late but I'm interested.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2022 at 8:47 AM, mcnv said:

2 years late but I'm interested.

I don't have the game installed anymore, but from my fuzzy memory about it, I tried checking things with FNVEdit, couldn't really figure it out, and i think i just used console commands to advance the quest till the door opened so I could leave, or I would just reload a save and avoid that part using the alternate path of the quest, ?sorry I don't remember more specifics of the issue now