7 hours ago, Joshisadouche12 said:

For some reason when I enable the VR Patch, I can't install Sexlab in the MCM menu. I get a error that reads "CRITICAL ERROR: File integrity Framework quest / files overwritten. Unable to resolve needed variables". I don't have any other mods installed except for Sexlab/VR Patch and their requirements.  Anyone else have this issue?

First workaround to try, disable VR patch, try installing SL (from MCM) without it, and once it's finished, save and close game, enable VR patch, and try loading the game, see if it works.

6 hours ago, reikiri said:

First workaround to try, disable VR patch, try installing SL (from MCM) without it, and once it's finished, save and close game, enable VR patch, and try loading the game, see if it works.

Ok I tried that and it works somewhat. Animations between NPCs go too fast and end in a few seconds, and the alignment of most animations is really off, especially with the player involved. Also, in the MCM of Sexlab I can't see any settings in the "VR" section, it just says "System Error". 

26 minutes ago, Joshisadouche12 said:

Ok I tried that and it works somewhat. Animations between NPCs go too fast and end in a few seconds, and the alignment of most animations is really off, especially with the player involved. Also, in the MCM of Sexlab I can't see any settings in the "VR" section, it just says "System Error". 

re-install the VR patch. Ensure you are running the latest game version and SKSEVR version.

35 minutes ago, ansfrr932 said:

re-install the VR patch. Ensure you are running the latest game version and SKSEVR version.

Re-installed patch, SKSEVR is at version 2.0.12, and Skyrim VR version is 1.4.15. The alignment is a bit better, however I noticed that actors refuse to strip when an animation starts. I also still can't look at the SL VR settings, and when I try to go the "rebuild and clean" menu in MCM to stop animations, the game crashes. Sexlab seems to get really unstable when I enable the VR patch and I'm not sure why.  

1 hour ago, Joshisadouche12 said:

Re-installed patch, SKSEVR is at version 2.0.12, and Skyrim VR version is 1.4.15. The alignment is a bit better, however I noticed that actors refuse to strip when an animation starts. I also still can't look at the SL VR settings, and when I try to go the "rebuild and clean" menu in MCM to stop animations, the game crashes. Sexlab seems to get really unstable when I enable the VR patch and I'm not sure why.  

Have you tried doing a clean start (new game)? Are you using any other mods that might overwrite any Sexlab scripts?

2 hours ago, Joshisadouche12 said:

- Are you using mod manager? MO2? Vortex?

- Are you using the SkyUI VR from gitlab, not the regular SkyUI?

- Does VRIK work fine for you? You can see the player body in VR, can open VRIK settings in MCM?

- If you disable VR patch, does SL work fine for scenes between NPCs (without player being involved in them)? (install SL matchmaker to start animations if you have no other means - matchmaker rev7 should work fine, don't use the light version)

- Make sure you ran FNIS, maybe run it again just to make sure, and pay attention if it gives any errors/warnings

- doublecheck that jcontainers and papyrus utils you have installed are VR versions, and that nothing overwrites them (note that this implies papyrus VR needs to come AFTER SL, so it can overwrite the one that comes with SL, which doesn't work in VR. It's safest to put these after all other mods)

- doublecheck your SL version is beta 8 or at least beta 7

If game crashes when you're just going to rebuild and clean MCM menu, it sounds like there's something fundamentally wrong with your installation, although I can't really think what. Even SKSEVR failing to load shouldn't do that I think.

Also, you'll need to get past helgen, basically to riverwood, before you can hope SL to work properly - same applies to a lot of other mods. Often it's recommended to run pure vanilla game up to riverwood, make a save once you arrive there - and use that save as your 'new game start' from there on... enable mods only after you've made that save, and then start from there.

Another option is to install Realm or Lorkhan - it seems to work pretty well, I was even able to get SL installed and running without stepping out of it's starting area (started new game, let the install run, saved and restarted game, loaded the save.. and it worked).

18 hours ago, reikiri said:

- Are you using mod manager? MO2? Vortex?

- Are you using the SkyUI VR from gitlab, not the regular SkyUI?

- Does VRIK work fine for you? You can see the player body in VR, can open VRIK settings in MCM?

- If you disable VR patch, does SL work fine for scenes between NPCs (without player being involved in them)? (install SL matchmaker to start animations if you have no other means - matchmaker rev7 should work fine, don't use the light version)

- Make sure you ran FNIS, maybe run it again just to make sure, and pay attention if it gives any errors/warnings

- doublecheck that jcontainers and papyrus utils you have installed are VR versions, and that nothing overwrites them (note that this implies papyrus VR needs to come AFTER SL, so it can overwrite the one that comes with SL, which doesn't work in VR. It's safest to put these after all other mods)

- doublecheck your SL version is beta 8 or at least beta 7

If game crashes when you're just going to rebuild and clean MCM menu, it sounds like there's something fundamentally wrong with your installation, although I can't really think what. Even SKSEVR failing to load shouldn't do that I think.

Also, you'll need to get past helgen, basically to riverwood, before you can hope SL to work properly - same applies to a lot of other mods. Often it's recommended to run pure vanilla game up to riverwood, make a save once you arrive there - and use that save as your 'new game start' from there on... enable mods only after you've made that save, and then start from there.

Another option is to install Realm or Lorkhan - it seems to work pretty well, I was even able to get SL installed and running without stepping out of it's starting area (started new game, let the install run, saved and restarted game, loaded the save.. and it worked).

- I am have SkyUI VR.

-VRIK works perfectly as far as I can tell. I can see my body and edit the settings in MCM.

- If I don't enable the VR Patch and play a animation on an NPC, they disappear and the animation plays in some random place in the world. 

- FNIS runs fine without any warnings.

- JContainers and Papyrus Utils are both the VR versions without anything overwriting them. 

- My SL version is Beta 8. 

I used matchmaker and realm of lorkhan while testing all this, and the same problems are arising. Not really sure what else to try, I guess it's just broken on my PC for some reason. 

- I am have SkyUI VR.

-VRIK works perfectly as far as I can tell. I can see my body and edit the settings in MCM.

- If I don't enable the VR Patch and play a animation on an NPC, they disappear and the animation plays in some random place in the world. 

- FNIS runs fine without any warnings.

- JContainers and Papyrus Utils are both the VR versions without anything overwriting them. 

- My SL version is Beta 8. 

I used matchmaker and realm of lorkhan while testing all this, and the same problems are arising. Not really sure what else to try, I guess it's just broken on my PC for some reason. 

Oh right, I didn't think it through - if you disable vrpatch you also disable the VR compatible SexLabUtil.dll which will definitely break SL. To test SL without VR patch you'd need to first copy the SexLabUtil.dll from VR patch to SL beta 8 (overwriting the one it has).

-- edit --

I don't believe in random 'it's just broken'. There's generally a reason, and most of the time that reason is somewhere within skyrim installation and config - only rarely outside (such as driver issue etc). It could feasibly be some kind of ini setting, though that's a bit unlikely for the problems you describe. You could try enabling/disabling the vr playroom - the settings at the end of skyrimvr.ini I have are:

[VR]

fVrScale=73.0000

bAlwaysShowHands=1

bAllowVRCheating=1

bLoadVRPlayroom=0

which will disable the playroom and put you straight to the menu. It's a bit iffish. generally some mods can break if you disable the playroom and others can break if you enable it.. but I think it's general consensus that usually more mods work when it's disabled (set to 0) than when it's enabled (set to 1). For me at least the thumbsticks of index controllers stop working when it's disabled, until I actually load into the game.. which means I can only select 'continue' on the start menu - although I can then right after go back to menu and 'load' the save I actually want. I had different issues when I had set it to 1 though, and this appears to me to be the lesser of the evils.

Maybe post your full mod/plugin list from MO2, perhaps there's something there that catches the eye.

7 minutes ago, reikiri said:

Oh right, I didn't think it through - if you disable vrpatch you also disable the VR compatible SexLabUtil.dll which will definitely break SL. To test SL without VR patch you'd need to first copy the SexLabUtil.dll from VR patch to SL beta 8 (overwriting the one it has).

Ok yeah I tried that and NPCs animations work now.

27 minutes ago, Joshisadouche12 said:

Ok yeah I tried that and NPCs animations work now.

And just making sure, you have the vrik dev 26 and vrpatch 37 from the first post? are you still seeing that same error message "CRITICAL ERROR: File integrity Framework quest / files overwritten. Unable to resolve needed variables" ?

-- edit --

Ok, I see that error message in config menu, it appears if it fails some of the checks while initializing. I can compile you a version that should give a more precise notice about what specific part fails.

-- edit 2 --

Extract that somewhere, and drop it in to replace the sslConfigMenu.pex of the VR patch. If you run the game again and get that error, then hopefully it'll spit out an 'INSTALL ERROR' line in vrik log that tells exactly what libs failed to initialize. Think it runs when you try to open the SL MCM menu, or maybe when you click the install button in it.

sslConfigMenu.zip

32 minutes ago, reikiri said:

-- edit --

I don't believe in random 'it's just broken'. There's generally a reason, and most of the time that reason is somewhere within skyrim installation and config - only rarely outside (such as driver issue etc). It could feasibly be some kind of ini setting, though that's a bit unlikely for the problems you describe. You could try enabling/disabling the vr playroom - the settings at the end of skyrimvr.ini I have are:

[VR]

fVrScale=73.0000

bAlwaysShowHands=1

bAllowVRCheating=1

bLoadVRPlayroom=0

which will disable the playroom and put you straight to the menu. It's a bit iffish. generally some mods can break if you disable the playroom and others can break if you enable it.. but I think it's general consensus that usually more mods work when it's disabled (set to 0) than when it's enabled (set to 1). For me at least the thumbsticks of index controllers stop working when it's disabled, until I actually load into the game.. which means I can only select 'continue' on the start menu - although I can then right after go back to menu and 'load' the save I actually want. I had different issues when I had set it to 1 though, and this appears to me to be the lesser of the evils.

Maybe post your full mod/plugin list from MO2, perhaps there's something there that catches the eye.

I used your VR settings and disabled the playroom, but that didn't work either. I could atleast view the rebuild/clean menu, although whether that works seems to be random on a save by save basis. 

Heres the Mod List from MO2:

Spoiler

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
+FNIS Overwrite
+JContainers VR
+Realm of Lorkhan - Custom Alternate Start
+SexLab MatchMaker
+SL VRpatch Beta8 37
+PapyrusUtil VR - Scripting Utility Functions
+SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8
+VRIK V0.8.1 In-Dev Build 26
+XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended
-RaceMenu VR
+FNIS Behavior VR 7_6 XXL
+SkyUI VR
*DLC: Dawnguard
*DLC: Dragonborn
*DLC: HearthFires

And the Plugin List:

Spoiler

*SexLab.esm
*SkyUI_SE.esp
*Realm of Lorkhan - Custom Alternate Start - Choose your own adventure.esp
*FNIS.esp
*XPMSE.esp
*vrik.esp
*SexLabMatchMaker.esp

21 minutes ago, reikiri said:

And just making sure, you have the vrik dev 26 and vrpatch 37 from the first post? are you still seeing that same error message "CRITICAL ERROR: File integrity Framework quest / files overwritten. Unable to resolve needed variables" ?

Yes I'm still seeing that error message, and I am using the versions on the OP. 

20 minutes ago, Joshisadouche12 said:

I used your VR settings and disabled the playroom, but that didn't work either. I could atleast view the rebuild/clean menu, although whether that works seems to be random on a save by save basis. 

Heres the Mod List from MO2:

Hide contents

+FNIS Overwrite
+JContainers VR
+Realm of Lorkhan - Custom Alternate Start
+SexLab MatchMaker
+SL VRpatch Beta8 37
+PapyrusUtil VR - Scripting Utility Functions
+SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8
+VRIK V0.8.1 In-Dev Build 26
+XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended
-RaceMenu VR
+FNIS Behavior VR 7_6 XXL
+SkyUI VR
*DLC: Dawnguard
*DLC: Dragonborn
*DLC: HearthFires

And the Plugin List:

Hide contents

*SexLab.esm
*SkyUI_SE.esp
*Realm of Lorkhan - Custom Alternate Start - Choose your own adventure.esp
*FNIS.esp
*XPMSE.esp
*vrik.esp
*SexLabMatchMaker.esp

Yes I'm still seeing that error message, and I am using the versions on the OP. 

I don't see anything wrong on that list. I have all of those mods installed (and a few hundred others), you don't have a lot of the sort of 'basic' SL framework mods (aroused, schlongs, cbbe, bunch of others), but none of those should be required to make things work. I hope it's not a question of me having created more dependencies without realizing it, but again that seems unlikely. Also oops - apparently I uploaded the vrik.esp along with the latest version. It shouldn't hurt anything, it's just a copied version of one basic spell effect I was fiddling with.. but it's not used anywhere, and is totally useless - you can simply delete it (I already deleted it on the next version, and never actually intended to put it out there).

(For anyone curious, I've been looking for ways to control animation speed, one thought was to use slowtime effect - which technically should work, but in practice has too many issues.. was fiddling with copy of slowtime effect for that reason. There's a dll plugin for LE to control anim speeds, that people have been trying to port to SE, but so far haven't seen a working version.. let only one for VR. That plugin would be totally awesome though, opening a lot of possibilities. If I had enough time, I'd take a closer look, but I've never actually meddled with SKSE plugins, so I'd estimate it would take a couple of weeks even to get the basics of plugin building set up).

Check what happens with that .pex replacement, maybe it helps narrow down the issue.

5 minutes ago, reikiri said:

Also oops - apparently I uploaded the vrik.esp along with the latest version. It shouldn't hurt anything, it's just a copied version of one basic spell effect I was fiddling with.. but it's not used anywhere, and is totally useless - you can simply delete it (I already deleted it on the next version, and never actually intended to put it out there).

Ok deleted that, but didn't change anything. 

7 minutes ago, reikiri said:

Check what happens with that .pex replacement, maybe it helps narrow down the issue.

With the new script, vrik.log outputted this: 

Papyrus: 69.243004SexLab: INSTALL ERROR: --- SexLab=[sexlabframework <SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62)>];SystemAlias=[sslsystemalias <alias PlayerAlias on quest SexLabQuestFramework (06000D62)>];Config=None;ActorLib=None;ThreadLib=None;ThreadSlots=None;AnimSlots=None;CreatureSlots=None;VoiceSlots=None;ExpressionSlots=None ---

Oh wow, ok.. well that's informative at least, although a bit less than I had hoped. It manages to find the framework itself, but fails to convert it to reference to any of the scripts. However for it to even manage to give that error, it must at least be running the config menu script, and further, it must be running it from VR patch - since that added report is only on vr patch version of the script.

I guess I'll have to try with same mod list, and see what happens.

-- edit --

Ok, so good news (I guess) is that I get the same error - so I'm pretty sure this one's on me. I may very well have created a dependency on something like Schlongs, Aroused, FNIS creature features, or any number of other mods - that most people have installed, so never noticed it as an issue. I can replicate it, so I can debug it - I'll see what I can find.

-- edit2 --

For one, I've used variables in stupid way, and ended up creating unintended hard dependency on "select NPC for MCM" mod. It's nice utility, I want VR patch to be able to work with it, but it's not supposed to be required, so I'll need to fix that for next version.

-- edit3 --

..seems to work with 'select npc for mcm' mod installed. So I guess.. quick fix is to install that mod. >.>  I'll put out another version later to fix it into soft dependency like it's supposed to be.

So.. yeah.. I'm using property from "select npc for mcm" in system config, and it makes the whole initializing fail when that mod isn't installed. Installing that mod, and starting a new game will work, but I'll look into putting out a new version where it's actually a soft dependency like it's supposed to be. It also seemed to mess up the game I started so that it didn't easily work even after installing the mod.. so I figure it's maybe safer to wait for a fix just in case.

5 hours ago, Joshisadouche12 said:

Aaaand, five hours later... ?

Ohkay, v38 is up. I had to take out the ability to send targeted NPC to NPC selector mod, because just couldn't get it to work without making the mod a hard requirement. It's working now, as far as I can tell. There probably isn't reason to swap to 38 if you have 37 working with NPC selector installed - although I did do some tweaking for gesture controls that may work better than before, also 1st-3rd person selection seemed to be disabled in animations where player is in victim role and victim controls are disabled. I enabled it, since it's kind of necessary to be able to correct animation alignments.

14 hours ago, reikiri said:

Aaaand, five hours later... ?

Ohkay, v38 is up. I had to take out the ability to send targeted NPC to NPC selector mod, because just couldn't get it to work without making the mod a hard requirement. It's working now, as far as I can tell. There probably isn't reason to swap to 38 if you have 37 working with NPC selector installed - although I did do some tweaking for gesture controls that may work better than before, also 1st-3rd person selection seemed to be disabled in animations where player is in victim role and victim controls are disabled. I enabled it, since it's kind of necessary to be able to correct animation alignments.

Yep, everything seems to be working fine now on my end. Thanks for the help, and nice work!

So, I kind of messed up. ?

VR patch itself is safe, so no worries about that - I have the source for it in plenty of places, including here and on mega.

This is about SLSO patch I'd been tinkering with to see how I could adapt it to work with VR patch, and got it to where I kind of liked it. 37 and 38 VR patch had the necessary code and hooks built into them, and just disabled it if SLSO was not installed.. and I never uploaded the modified script files from SLSO itself, because I was still debating if I even wanted to go that route.

At making the fixes for 38, I was tired and out of time, so made a mistake. I meant to copy the current build out of mod tree, and then just cut the changed SLSO files out of it to make a release. But apparently when I copied the sources over, I instead moved them. So after deleting the SLSO sources.. well. They're gone. Ironically, I still have the compiled scripts, which work with current release.. but no way to keep them up to date, or make any changes or fixes.. so I'm going to have to abandon that project.

I'm kind of hesitant to upload those scripts for two reasons - first, I don't want to publish things without sources.. and second, given how things are, if anyone actually wants to play with those scripts, they'll be permanently locked to version 38. On the other hand I spent probably dozens of hours working on them, and since they do basically work.. well. I guess I'll leave the choice for anyone who wants to give them a try.

If you want to try them, you'll need to install first SL, beta 8, then SL aroused, then SLSO, then VR Patch Beta 38, and then finally the patch from this post. The patch includes the .json file that has SLSO settings I used for testing it, so it should have a working setup. On SL you'll need to enable 'separate orgasms' to make it work.

You also MUST have latest (as of writing this) SKSEVR, version 12 (or probably any later version, when they come around) - which I think is so far only available from Expired's Patreon site (but is freely available there).

During animation, you have a few extra gestures available with secondary gesture buttons (which you should be able to define in VRIK settings). Left controller secondary button tap, will set your 'self mode' to '-1', which is essentially 'avoid climax'. Right secondary tap will set it to '1', which is 'increase pleasure / try to climax'. Tapping a second time (either button) will reset to '0', which is 'do nothing'. Right button press-and-up sets 'partner mode' to 1, press-and-down sets it to '-1'. Press-and-left and press-and-right select previous/next partner, which only works (and makes sense) on scenes with more than 2 participants. right press-and-back will 'pause' the built-in minigame (gaining pleasure / using up stamina/mana), press-and-forward will set it to advance again.

Most of the settings in SLSO menu do what they advertise, but the whole internal working from SLSO is pretty much rewritten, and out of the 5 widgets the mod shows during animation (which only show up if you use the latest SKSEVR), widgets 4 and 5 are repurposed to show your stamina and mana, because the original UI items don't show very well - if at all - during animations, especially in 1st person view.

Just keep in mind.. it was still work-in-progress, so there may be issues with it, and the 'balance' may be off. The source no longer exists, so I won't be able to do any changes/fixes on it, and I'll be dropping it in v39 - so if you want it, save the current SLSO for Skyrim SE (v1.6.5), VR Patch 38, this patch, and maybe the current VRIK and Sexlab beta 8 too just to be safe... because once any of those has a major update (possibly excluding VRIK), this won't work anymore.

SLSO Patch for SL VRpatch 38.7z

---

Install order:

SexLab SE 163 beta 8

SexLab Aroused (loose files)

[possibly some other SL mods that SLSO wants to overwrite files from]

SexLab Separate Orgasm 1.6.5

SL VR Patch Beta 8 38

SLSO Patch for SL VRPatch 38

[the rest of SL mods] (e.g. SLAL SE, animation packs, schlongs etc)

-- edit --

A couple things I should have mentioned..

Since animations advance mainly based on the satisfaction of actor in 'active' position (generally the male position in most animations), and that can be affected by number of factors, they can last significantly longer. During animation, the stage will generally change back or forward every few seconds, based on various conditions. And depending on MCM settings, the animation will advance to the end if the active actor has either had orgasm, or ran out of stamina. If you disable those settings, and you play in a victim role (f.ex. animation started through defeat), and you have victim controls disabled.. and especially if you get a female actor in male role, you may end up in situation where they'll be just going and going. :3  If that happens, I'm pretty sure I put in a condition that once the active actor has climaxed once, if you set the 'partnermode' to -1 (right secondary gesture button + down), the animation should advance to the end. If you want to 'play safe', don't disable victim controls from SL MCM, and you should always have an 'out' by using the 'end animation' gesture (right primary gesture button + up).

-- /edit --

-----------------------------

As to where to go from here? I'm not planning to rewrite all the changes I did to the scripts. I do like having some kind of 'mini game' available for SL animations, but I'll be more likely to make something from the scratch. What form it would take, and when it would be done - depends on how much time I have at my paws, whether I burn myself out, or get distracted by some shiny things somewhere.. and how creative I manage to get overall.

CPU had an interesting idea on LE anim speed control thread, I'd probably use that as inspiration.. if Skyrim VR had a plugin to control animation speed, which is doesn't as of yet. That, combined with the 'hover' mode of hand tracking from VRIK, and some inspiration from SLSO, could give a solid base for something interesting.

However there's features missing still, so meanwhile I'll just tinker with some basic features similar to what the SLSO patch had - and keep an eye on any further issues coming to light on v 38 patch.

On 7/16/2020 at 2:26 AM, Joshisadouche12 said:

For some reason when I enable the VR Patch, I can't install Sexlab in the MCM menu. I get a error that reads "CRITICAL ERROR: File integrity Framework quest / files overwritten. Unable to resolve needed variables". I don't have any other mods installed except for Sexlab/VR Patch and their requirements.  Anyone else have this issue?

What version of SexLab and what VR Patch version did you install?

1 hour ago, XenoDrake said:

What version of SexLab and what VR Patch version did you install?

That was error in v37, fixed in v38 (by removing dependency to NPC selector that shouldn't have been there). ?

Result is v38 doesn't send the selected NPC to the selector mod, so it won't work for f.ex. EFF, but if you select npc with selector mod, it'll still show up in SL MCM (but won't select things for SL animations). I'm sure there's some way of making it work, but after 5 hours of trying, I decided it's not worth it.

2 hours ago, Fetterbr said:

hi. i have a question regarding the stripping in sexlab. Is there a way to set a npc only to strip serten amors during sex ? same as i can set for the player. 

Yes.

Use the debug(target) spell to select npc, go to SL MCM and 'strip item editor' (I think that was the name of the tab). When you have the npc selected, you should have an option to set up the stripping of items that NPC is wearing. If I remember right, the items are defined per item, not per actor.. meaning if you set f.ex. iron plate to never strip, then iron plate is never stripped from any npc (or player).

2 hours ago, reikiri said:

Yes.

Use the debug(target) spell to select npc, go to SL MCM and 'strip item editor' (I think that was the name of the tab). When you have the npc selected, you should have an option to set up the stripping of items that NPC is wearing. If I remember right, the items are defined per item, not per actor.. meaning if you set f.ex. iron plate to never strip, then iron plate is never stripped from any npc (or player).

it actually only starts a sex scene when using debug target spell and nothing shows in strip mcm