IGNORED

Looking for the cause of skill drain...

As the title says, something is draining my PC's Personality and I have no idea what. There is nothing in the magic effects menu to indicate what's causing it, and I have so many mods that might be doing it that I don't even know where to begin looking.

So I'm hoping that someone knows of a trick that will let me identify the cause of a skill drain effect... or some way of forcibly removing any effect which might be doing it.

33 minutes ago, BleachedFur said:

in the console type "player.dispelallspells"

if that doesnt work, download MFG Console, open console, click yourself, and use Shift key to nav submenus to find the ID of the spell/effect and then use player.removespell to remove it

Thanks!

player.dispelallspells didn't work, so I'm downloading More Information Console. Apparently MFG Console was never ported to SSE. x.x

Edit: Well, neither of those methods worked. if there's an effect or perk draining speech, I couldn't find it with the MI console ._. I guess maybe I should just buff my speech by the amount its being drained by.

Edit 2: I don't know if this is normal, but when I used the SetAV command to bump up the skill to the right level the red lettering disappeared. ?

8 hours ago, shar181 said:

Thanks!

player.dispelallspells didn't work, so I'm downloading More Information Console. Apparently MFG Console was never ported to SSE. x.x

Edit: Well, neither of those methods worked. if there's an effect or perk draining speech, I couldn't find it with the MI console ._. I guess maybe I should just buff my speech by the amount its being drained by.

Edit 2: I don't know if this is normal, but when I used the SetAV command to bump up the skill to the right level the red lettering disappeared. ?

it was probably the armor bug. if you lose an item without dropping it or its forcefully unequipped or whatever the effect can stay

6 hours ago, BleachedFur said:

it was probably the armor bug. if you lose an item without dropping it or its forcefully unequipped or whatever the effect can stay

In that case, I think it was probably a Devious Device. I've had to use the safe-word from Deviously Cursed Loot a few times, which forcibly unequips all of your devices. A Gag debuff probably lingered after doing that.

In any case, the issue is fixed for the time being! Thanks for the help. And for pointing me towards that console mod; the one I got is slightly different, but it does a lot of the same stuff and has been really useful already. :D

3 hours ago, shar181 said:

I think it was probably a Devious Device. I've had to use the safe-word from Deviously Cursed Loot a few times, which forcibly unequips all of your devices. A Gag debuff probably lingered after doing that.

and that's why I don't use crazy sex mods lol. I have Defeat but most of the features are disabled.

3 hours ago, shar181 said:

In any case, the issue is fixed for the time being! Thanks for the help. And for pointing me towards that console mod; the one I got is slightly different, but it does a lot of the same stuff and has been really useful already. :D

if someone ported MFG Console's SKSE plugin to SKSE64 you could just plop everything else right in there