C5Kev's Epic Black Rose Armor Redone UUNP & CBBE

On 10/14/2019 at 3:56 PM, Grey Cloud said:

She looks a bit jaded. Tell her you want sexy, you want pzazz.

I've got it installed but it's night time so I've not had a chance to get a proper look at it.

I can't understand how peeps are having trouble with the armour, it bodyslides just like normal - no special steps required.

I know what you mean about the outfit scenario GC; I've never had the issue that I had with this download, but even with C5's instructions above, it's not what it should be. I'll do more digging to find out exactly what the cause is, because I really like what he/she did with these armors. :)

5 hours ago, Doc_Oc said:

I've never had the issue that I had with this download, but even with C5's instructions above, it's not what it should be.

Hello Doc.  What problem are you having exactly?  "...not what it should be"  doesn't help me diagnose if there's a problem with the mod.

13 hours ago, C5Kev said:

Hello Doc.  What problem are you having exactly?  "...not what it should be"  doesn't help me diagnose if there's a problem with the mod.

That would help, wouldn't it? :) Honestly I didn't expect a reply, as I know this has to be a weird issue. I've never had to create a separate preset like you outlined in the instructions. I wonder if some of the sliders aren't coming over, but to show you specifically what I am referring to in-game, here are some screenies:

P.S. The character is a milk maid and pregnant, I just forgot to state that on the last 4 filenames. Notice how the armor shrinks everything? Again, I wonder if not all the sliders are coming over. I use Wench Bodyslide Preset 2.0 FYI.  And thank you again! VERY kind of you to even look....   

1-Heroine Armor, character is pregnant and a milk maid (front view).bmp 2-Heroine Armor, character is pregnant and a milk maid (side view).bmp 3-Black Rose, Front View.bmp 4-Black Rose, Side View.bmp 5-Glass Armor, Front View.bmp 6-Glass Armor, Side View.bmp

1 hour ago, Doc_Oc said:

That would help, wouldn't it? :) Honestly I didn't expect a reply, as I know this has to be a weird issue. I've never had to create a separate preset like you outlined in the instructions. I wonder if some of the sliders aren't coming over, but to show you specifically what I am referring to in-game, here are some screenies:

P.S. The character is a milk maid and pregnant, I just forgot to state that on the last 4 filenames. Notice how the armor shrinks everything? Again, I wonder if not all the sliders are coming over. I use Wench Bodyslide Preset 2.0 FYI.  And thank you again! VERY kind of you to even look....  

Well, sending black images doesn't really help me determine what's going on.  "I've never had to create a separate preset like you outlined in the instructions."   I didn't know what you problem was, so I assumed  - based on the image you provided - that you couldn't see your body preset listed in the body preset drop-down. It happens sometimes.  What I showed you is NOT creating a separate preset, but to make sure that a body preset is applied too and/or available for an outfit or group of outfits that are shown in the "Group Filter" drop-down. 

The Heroine armor isn't mine, so I'm not sure what those mean. If you could take some screenshots  outside and in the light, it would help.

8 hours ago, C5Kev said:

Well, sending black images doesn't really help me determine what's going on.  "I've never had to create a separate preset like you outlined in the instructions."   I didn't know what you problem was, so I assumed  - based on the image you provided - that you couldn't see your body preset listed in the body preset drop-down. It happens sometimes.  What I showed you is NOT creating a separate preset, but to make sure that a body preset is applied too and/or available for an outfit or group of outfits that are shown in the "Group Filter" drop-down. 

The Heroine armor isn't mine, so I'm not sure what those mean. If you could take some screenshots  outside and in the light, it would help.

I am sorry those screenies were too dark for you, but I FIGURED OUT what was wrong sir! :)  I extracted the 7z file to its own directory, then deleted the "slidergroups" folder from the archive and re-packed/archived it. BOOM, everything works FINE! So for anyone else who has issues with no bodyslide presets showing up, you've got to delete the 'slidergroups' folder.

Basically, since you could not see the pics, what I was trying to show you was that, using other armors, my character was ... ahem... more well-endowed, and the pregnancy belly was much larger. Using the mod as-is from this site, everything was reduced by about 66-75%. It just didn't make sense. But I got it fixed. :)

2 hours ago, Doc_Oc said:

I am sorry those screenies were too dark for you, but I FIGURED OUT what was wrong sir! :)  I extracted the 7z file to its own directory, then deleted the "slidergroups" folder from the archive and re-packed/archived it. BOOM, everything works FINE! So for anyone else who has issues with no bodyslide presets showing up, you've got to delete the 'slidergroups' folder.

Basically, since you could not see the pics, what I was trying to show you was that, using other armors, my character was ... ahem... more well-endowed, and the pregnancy belly was much larger. Using the mod as-is from this site, everything was reduced by about 66-75%. It just didn't make sense. But I got it fixed. :)

Hello DO. You needn't be sorry, I just couldn't see anything. The main thing is that you got things figured out and it's work OK. I'll need to go back and look at shit because maybe I screwed something up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I like all your mods, that's a great work!

But I have a little problem, there is something I need to understand about Bodyslide (I have this problem for almost all my armors, if someone can help me with that it would be nice).

I'm using CBBE body for my character, I downloaded the CBBE version of this mod and it's working fine. But I would like to use it for followers with a UUNP body, I downloaded the UUNP version of this mod and it's not working... In Bodyslide, the clothes don't fit the body and I don't know why (I suppose it is because I'm using CBBE for my main character).

This is what I get in game when I equip my followers

Spoiler

731088180_TESV2019-10-2710-54-16-99.thumb.jpg.ed04ab3ea51acd574f8c2a4823456eff.jpg

18 minutes ago, Aphazel said:

Hi, I like all your mods, that's a great work!

But I have a little problem, there is something I need to understand about Bodyslide (I have this problem for almost all my armors, if someone can help me with that it would be nice).

I'm using CBBE body for my character, I downloaded the CBBE version of this mod and it's working fine. But I would like to use it for followers with a UUNP body, I downloaded the UUNP version of this mod and it's not working... In Bodyslide, the clothes don't fit the body and I don't know why (I suppose it is because I'm using CBBE for my main character).

This is what I get in game when I equip my followers

Reveal hidden contents

731088180_TESV2019-10-2710-54-16-99.thumb.jpg.ed04ab3ea51acd574f8c2a4823456eff.jpg

Hello A.  I guess my first question is, why are you even doing this?  Wouldn't standardizing on one body type make things a lot easier?  Doesn't make sense to me, but that's me.

Anyway, are you using a custom race or unique player mod for your PC?   All characters in the game use body meshes from "Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets" , regardless of the body type you use.  If you ARE using one of those types of mods, you need to remember to hold down the "CTRL" button when building or batch building your armors with BodySlide for your PC.  That sends YOUR armor / clothes meshes to the BodySlide directory and you need to manually move those meshes to wherever your custom race / unique player mod tells you to put them.  Otherwise, when you make your PC CBBE armor and click "Build",  that sends the new meshes to the directory mentioned above. Then, when you go and make your UUNP armor for the NPCs and click build, you just overwrite your PC armor (or vise versa).

2 hours ago, C5Kev said:

Hello A.  I guess my first question is, why are you even doing this?  Wouldn't standardizing on one body type make things a lot easier?  Doesn't make sense to me, but that's me.

Thank you for the quick answer! I knew I was doing something wrong, but what ? Sorry but this is not easy at all for me. I'm completely lost. What do you mean by standardizing on one body type ? How do you do that ? For years I've spent hours trying to find explanations about that feature. Do I need to use Outfit Studio ?

I still don't know why a UUNP armor doesn't fit my UUNP followers (this is what I'm looking for)

(and I didn't know about the CTRL key but it doesn't matter since I'm NOT using custom race, right ?)

2 hours ago, Aphazel said:

Thank you for the quick answer! I knew I was doing something wrong, but what ? Sorry but this is not easy at all for me. I'm completely lost. What do you mean by standardizing on one body type ? How do you do that ? For years I've spent hours trying to find explanations about that feature. Do I need to use Outfit Studio ?

I still don't know why a UUNP armor doesn't fit my UUNP followers (this is what I'm looking for)

(and I didn't know about the CTRL key but it doesn't matter since I'm NOT using custom race, right ?)

Hello A.  The vanilla game uses a UNP body. UUNP (Unified UNP) was developed to standardize UNP because in the early days, everyone and their brother was making a different shaped UNP body and only clothes made for a specific UNP body, fit that body. So if you found an outfit you liked, but was made for a different shaped UNP body than what you were using, oh well, tough shit.

I mean "standardize" - use one body type or the other - UUNP or CBBE. There is really no reason or benefit to use both.  Some say that UUNP is a more realistic body, I think mainly because it's mesh is a  higher poly (polygons) mesh than CBBE.   CBBE on the other hand is a more fantasy-shaped body, more curvy-ish.  It all comes down to personal preference - one isn't "better" than the other. Now-a-days, no matter what body type you use - CBBE or UUNP - you can create what ever shape you want with BodySlide.  AND make any clothes fit that shape.

OK, here we go...pay attention.  

So what does BodySlide do?  All 3D meshes are made up of polygons - triangles. The point where those triangles meet are called vertices.  Without going into all the details, that's what Outfit Studio is used for. To size clothes to fit a "reference" body - to determine how far "clothes" vertices are away from the body - so the clothes don't clip (body poking through the clothes).  BodySlide then uses the info from the files created in Outfit Studio.  When you select your body shape preset in BodySlide, it replaces the Outfit Studio "reference" body shape with YOUR shape...and clothes fit because the clothes vertices are moved around accordingly to fit your shape.

In BodySlide, notice that little check box "Build Morphs"?  If you DON'T check that, whatever body shape you just made clothes for will only fit that body - say YOUR body.  If you give those clothes to an NPC, they won't fit because the clothes are sized for your body ONLY.

If you want YOUR clothes to fit other people, then you check "Build Morphs".  Now, when you give YOUR clothes to an NPC, the clothes vertices will move and correspond to the NPCs body shape.  BodySlide creates a file with a " .tri" extension. - the "morph" file.  You should also check "Build Morphs" when building your body - which gives you three files   femalebody_0.nif ( 0% weight ),  femalebody_1.nif ( 100%) and a femalebody.tri (the "morphs" info).  The morphs info is also what RaceMenu uses so that you can modify your body shape in-game.  

If you have the morphs box checked and clothes don't fit the NPCs, then something else is wrong...

Here's my PC...

A_1.jpg.c54fdaf893c88a97f12842d94a72774d.jpg

Here's Ysolda...  I made her chest a little bit bigger, but she's not as chesty as my PC...

A_2.jpg.1010c5cc630bd7fb7a42c8154f269cf8.jpg

I just made Ysolda a follower and given her my clothes...  ...a perfect fit.  Ysolda's also taller than my PC.

A_3.jpg.8b77604a3b9fb26147adaa5ed70d439a.jpg

"... and I didn't know about the CTRL key but it doesn't matter since I'm NOT using custom race, right ?"  That is correct. This is only important when one wants a body of a specific shape for their PC.   I have a "generic" BodySlide preset - but NPCs look different based on that body because on the game's weighting system - 0% to 100% weight. In your case, everyone is using your body, it just changes based on that character's body weight.  

Think about all this...I'm here if you have more questions.

Thanks for all the explanations! I should write your guide in my folder in case I forgot something. I've been using Bodyslide for a long time but I've learned things from you (like the vanilla UNP body)

It is not solving my problem though and I think I'll give up. I don't really want to change my PC body from CBBE to UUNP. I'll just play as I always did. We canno't always get what we want :)

On 10/27/2019 at 5:33 PM, C5Kev said:

If you have the morphs box checked and clothes don't fit the NPCs, then something else is wrong...

I ALWAYS check the morphs box, if there is something wrong, I don't know what it can be.

I just wanted to know why there are outfits that work and other that don't.

Example : when I install your mod for UUNP and go in Bodyslide, I get this :

Spoiler

1.jpg.00d87822f09eeba6dd9caf6908568cc7.jpg

Same result in game, it's not working.

But I have other outfits marked as UUNP and when I installed them they look like that in Bodyslide :

Spoiler

2.jpg.cc547a6f515594d816bea44e7e7b75e7.jpg

The outfit actually FITS the body. Lower part is wrong (which is normal) but in game everything works perfectly. Why the difference ? How do they do that ?

1 hour ago, Aphazel said:

Thanks for all the explanations! I should write your guide in my folder in case I forgot something. I've been using Bodyslide for a long time but I've learned things from you (like the vanilla UNP body)

It is not solving my problem though and I think I'll give up. I don't really want to change my PC body from CBBE to UUNP. I'll just play as I always did. We canno't always get what we want :)

I ALWAYS check the morphs box, if there is something wrong, I don't know what it can be.

I just wanted to know why there are outfits that work and other that don't.

Example : when I install your mod for UUNP and go in Bodyslide, I get this :

Reveal hidden contents

1.jpg.00d87822f09eeba6dd9caf6908568cc7.jpg

Same result in game, it's not working.

But I have other outfits marked as UUNP and when I installed them they look like that in Bodyslide :

Reveal hidden contents

2.jpg.cc547a6f515594d816bea44e7e7b75e7.jpg

The outfit actually FITS the body. Lower part is wrong (which is normal) but in game everything works perfectly. Why the difference ? How do they do that ?

Hello A.  You ask some questions I cannot answer as I don't know how and what you did installing BodySlide.  "Lower part is wrong (which is normal)..."  Perhaps you are used to that, but it's not "normal". Something is not functioning correctly and believe the cause of your problems.

I installed the CBBE mod and I use UUNP, so I now have the same scenario that you have.  Red box = holes in hips =  UNP textures on a CBBE body, same as you.  With my character's preset, the selected bra - the one shown on your pic - fits perfectly...

A_4.jpg.28c8f150f2690e580e8ae18f869ec55a.jpg

Now I've "zero-ed" out the boobs stuff. Well, left "Breasts" at 100%.  You can see the bra has moved with the boobs. I'll bet yours does not.

A_5.jpg.29c19a98dd3422319ccc07cdcf6d75f8.jpg

So let's try a generic CBBE preset and see what happens.  Well, everything moves accordingly...a perfect fit.

A_6.jpg.d33bda00b9fd593fec1da2d17ce17dda.jpg

As one can see, it is not my mod causing your issues and think that you should perhaps blow out BodySlide / Outfit Studio and re-install it.  Something is obviously not right with your installation and I'd have no way of knowing what that is.

20 hours ago, C5Kev said:

As one can see, it is not my mod causing your issues and think that you should perhaps blow out BodySlide / Outfit Studio and re-install it.  Something is obviously not right with your installation and I'd have no way of knowing what that is.

You just gave me the answer. I reinstalled BS (I didn't update it since 2017 lol) and everything seems to be working now !! ?

I should reinstall the game as well because it is such a mess with all my mods.

Thank you for your help :)

Spoiler

1440838437_TESV2019-10-2920-36-41-44.jpg.46ec10bc7b31f7ed513b6be20e1d77d9.jpg

42 minutes ago, Aphazel said:

You just gave me the answer. I reinstalled BS (I didn't update it since 2017 lol) and everything seems to be working now !! ?

I should reinstall the game as well because it is such a mess with all my mods.

Thank you for your help :)

Reveal hidden contents

1440838437_TESV2019-10-2920-36-41-44.jpg.46ec10bc7b31f7ed513b6be20e1d77d9.jpg

Well...  ...and doesn't she look hot? !!!   I'm glad to hear you've got that resolved.  Just a tip, if you do re-install the game, after it's done, create an "As Installed By Steam" zip file - about 11Gig I think.  So if you do need to re-install again at some point, you can just blow all your shit out (that didn't sound right) and unzip your archive. Saves a lot of time DL'ing the whole thing again via Steam.

This looks fantastic. Gonna give it a try now. 

Edit: This is just brilliant. You really went that extra mile with this one. The fit is perfect on my CBBE char and that is rare.  You good sir is my new best friend ?

One thing though, I cant upgrade the armor at the bench. Dont show up. 

Edit2: Weapons collision. Weapons that are equipped (swords, bows) gets to close to the body and they clips into the body. Sometimes a lot. I use Jaysus swords mod and when I switch between this bra (cuirass) and some other skimpy cuirass i can see how the swords move in and out respectivly on the hip. I minor detail perhaps but it looks a bit awkward and off. I wonder if you could be bothered to do something about these things cos I really, really love your outfit. Thanks.

2 hours ago, maxsteiner said:

This looks fantastic. Gonna give it a try now. 

Edit: This is just brilliant. You really went that extra mile with this one. The fit is perfect on my CBBE char and that is rare.  You good sir is my new best friend ?

One thing though, I cant upgrade the armor at the bench. Dont show up. 

Edit2: Weapons collision. Weapons that are equipped (swords, bows) gets to close to the body and they clips into the body. Sometimes a lot. I use Jaysus swords mod and when I switch between this bra (cuirass) and some other skimpy cuirass i can see how the swords move in and out respectivly on the hip. I minor detail perhaps but it looks a bit awkward and off. I wonder if you could be bothered to do something about these things cos I really, really love your outfit. Thanks.

Thank you and glad you like the outfit.  As far as tempering, I noticed that the CBBE version calls out the "Sharpening Wheel" vs "Crafting Table".  ?  Pretty stupid on my part. So I'll fix that and upload new files. In the meantime, try the sharpening wheel I guess.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

As far the sword position, that's a function of your sword mod - something I have nothing to do with. As you can see, "regular" weapons work just fine.

1808587311_BlackRose_1.jpg.98c8baf4b1ad0f5333507aafb32340e0.jpg

Click to choose files

• 2 weeks later...