Microsoft Live Messenger to close, Skype to take over

Ark of Truth

This creates additional issues regarding Skype. Not that it wasn't already bloated, but after the purchase of Skype was down graded, so one had to pay to utilize the entire steaming heap. Now with the integration of messenger it means a whole new issue regarding privacy, or lack there of.

Pealed apple, Microcrash, guurgled all large conglomerates seeking more money, and have, for some time been contributing to the degradation of progressive innovation.

Real advancement is a two part evolution, but one only actually succeeds. See Wirth's law.

Got to sell more headsets! MUST IMPLEMENT INTO NEXT XBOX!

What' date=' gaming console? That's a dirty phrase! It's a MEDIA CENTER!

[/quote']

And your comment is valid to this thread how?

skype allow video calls and headset based calls since it was released. hes trying to say that we will be forced to buy headsets while messenger was optional, insinuating that headsets will be a requirement in the future, so we have to spend more money. he is also trying to say that they want skype as a substitute for consoles because messenger was a pain in the ass. in my point of view, this is a correct move.

lets be honest, mocosoft want to make things easier for users and for them. skype its one of the most used software on the U.S. while messenger its dying, no more income from it, they need to put it down like a rabbid dog.

I'm not sure if it's because they want to make things easier, it's just that they want to move away from the thing being a game console. The same with SONY, to be honest; they want the things to be media hubs, rather than dedicated gaming machines.

Because I suppose the fact that 70 billion USD by 2015 is still not enough money to be made on the thing, so they just have to expand. Or, it could be a case of game consoles back in the late 80s to early 90s, where a machine being a game console was seen as a toy, and thus bad, so the things were more marketed as cheaper computers.

of course they want more money, but behind the scene, its a "personal" competition against sony and some other companies (they fear mac, who knows?, remember they have the power and money to make a social hub + console all in one) preventing the rise of another console that could take some of their cake (im not saying they will beat mocosoft, but they want to be the only king, no one want competition). they'll get more people by converting their videogame console to a media hub, so women and many older adults buy their product and not just kids and young/adults. who know!? maybe they will make a social hub for PETS!! :P

Guest Lady Luck

And your comment is valid to this thread how?

dangit someone stole my line XD, anyway don't get me wrong how funny is this cyber sex on skype " buffering" ...ZZZZZZTTTT.. dont see that on msn lol.

Guest Lady Luck

Considering Microsoft plans to release a new version of Windows each year. One might wonder if they're planing on becoming EA #2. As for shutting down MLM just to replace it with Skype' date=' is basically telling everyone that doesn't want that crap, "We don't care if you like it. But you [b']ARE[/b] going to agree to it".

Windows Blue

ah yes the infamous agreement " I accept " lol.

Archived