A quick tip for using FO4 CK with Mod Organizer 2

Tentacus

So I just noticed something and I can't swear to it, but this seems to be the case:

For as long as I can remember the CK has taken FOREVER to load the first time (after I restart my computer) and a bit each time after. I just finished a huge mod I'd been working on for a year... about the same amount of time I've been using MO2 (I could never get Tannin's version to work Yadda Yadda)...

I'd kept all the scripts for Hardship (a good amount) In the overwrite folder because occasionally in the past MO would put compiled scripts in weird places. If they were in overwrite I always know where they'd end up. Well, I just removed all those scripts, a couple of days ago, and to my shock CK started loading instantly. It took me this long to put 2 and 2 together.

So if you are running the CK through Mod Organizer 2, and it's slow loading It might be because you have too many loose files in the overwrite.

Archived