Can anybody explain how to replace hair meshes? I've been messing around with some minor Kanna edits and want to change her hair slightly.
I've managed to dump her entire model + hair with 3dmigotoand import to blender, but using the steps in ausgeeks video tutorial (find hash, match first index etc) doesn't seem to work on her hair.

I can hide her horns and hair ornamentation using this method , but none her hair meshes.
903557815_DOAX_VV2019-09-2417-06-08.jpg.8455fb55005fb7051baf78646bec3013.jpg

The base d3dx.ini doesn't enable checking for mesh replacements for hair because no one has produced any yet and to reduce performance overhead.

Anyhow, you can modify your d3dx.ini to enable them for testing:

Search for [CommandListHair] in the d3dx.ini and make sure to uncomment/add the orange text below.

[CommandListHair]
$shader_type = 4
if $dump_hair_fingernails
 ; Dump out hair mesh and pose:
 analyse_options = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes dump_vb txt buf
 dump = deferred_ctx_accurate vs-cb2 txt buf
 ; Dump out hair textures:
 dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t0 mono dds
 dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t1 mono dds
 dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t2 mono dds
 dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t3 mono dds
endif
; Not enabling texture replacements of hair globally just yet since no one is
; using them and there is a fair few of these each frame... enable these in a
; mod's ini file if you want them
if $costume_mods
 checktextureoverride = ps-t0
 checktextureoverride = ps-t1
 checktextureoverride = ps-t2
 checktextureoverride = ps-t3
 ; Enable mesh replacement
 checktextureoverride = vb0
 checktextureoverride = ib
endif

I've seperated  the pigtails braids and horns into seperate ini files, just rename with the DISABLED  prefix to mix and match.
There are bugs.
The shadow still shows the original hair, sometimes upon zooming in in photo mode a black shadow will cover her body.
If you use rreshade you may see a faint outline where the hair should be.
Remember to edit your  d3dx.ini as KuroKaze78 describes above.

1718444702_DOAX_VV2019-10-0313-31-49.thumb.jpg.91286ef0df67e2693da44493929869c1.jpgkanna hair.7z

On 10/3/2019 at 9:55 PM, funtcase said:

I've seperated  the pigtails braids and horns into seperate ini files, just rename with the DISABLED  prefix to mix and match.
There are bugs.
The shadow still shows the original hair, sometimes upon zooming in in photo mode a black shadow will cover her body.
If you use rreshade you may see a faint outline where the hair should be.
Remember to edit your  d3dx.ini as KuroKaze78 describes above.

1718444702_DOAX_VV2019-10-0313-31-49.thumb.jpg.91286ef0df67e2693da44493929869c1.jpgkanna hair.7z

Strange, doesn´t do anything but remove the horns.... no hair is touched at all ?!?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry it took so long for me to check back here. Thank you very much for re-uploading this. I'm still having some dmm trouble making it work.

I've changed the d3dx.ini File as instructed, but where do I actually PUT the files? Do they stay in the main game's folder, or in the mods folder? I've tried both, and tried taking the files out of the mod folder it comes in, but no success.

Edited by dm1138