how can i use the object for the vv (the way making completely different mod)

like these mods.

bakayaro and ghost writer import the object from outside into vv. they change the vv suit into absolutely different one.

i want to do that.

now i can make the mod changing the suit little bit.

but when i try it. about the weight, it forces the position of object. i mean when i change just object. like rotation or place. it still act like it is placed on original point.

so i should change the weight little bit.

so especially i want to know how i can handle the weight too. 

plz give me help. explanation or some tutorial link or whatever else

I have a text tutorial on my topic, 3rd post if you search for "Exporting original meshes"

Here's the snippet:

Spoiler

Exporting original meshes w/ 3DMigoto's plugin

For any given custom mesh, other than the mesh itself, it'll need UV Maps, Vertex Groups w/ weight painted, and the 3DMigoto Custom Properties.

UV Maps & Textures:

3-4 depending on what you are replacing. Mainly, body meshes use 4 UV Maps while clothing meshes use 3 or 4. These UV Maps correlate the number of textures used per mesh.

Clothing meshes typically have the following textures:

• ps-t0 - Diffuse (coloring)
  • ps-t1 - Normal Map (bump)
  • pt-t2 - Specular Map (reflection)
  • ps-t3* - Wet Diffuse (coloring when wet/sweaty)

Only a few suits use a shader that supports the ps-t3 wet texture. Wetness shifts from ps-t0 -> ps-t3 the more wet they get.

Body meshes typically have the following textures:

• ps-t0 - Diffuse
  • ps-t3 - Tanning mask

I haven't really ever bothered with tracking down which UV map corresponds to which texture as typically they are usually the same mapping. Sometimes the Specular Map UV Map is the only one that differs.

Anyhow, the UV Maps are always named the same thing. Which are:

• TEXCOORD.xy
  • TEXCOORD.zw
  • TEXCOORD1.xy
  • TEXCOORD1.zw*

TEXCOORD1.zw only exists if there are 4 UV Maps needed.

3DMigoto Custom Properties

Every mesh to be exported with the 3DMigoto plugin requires the UV Maps named accordingly and custom properties that correspond to them plus a few extra. I've copied the directions I posted earlier here:

RequiredObjectCustomProperties.png.d662d18468a8c1bf3d927881b6b3d474.png

Now, I used to enter those custom_properties manually, but thats a huge pain. So instead I follow these steps:

The Relatively quick-and-dirty version is the following:

1. Import your custom mesh (xps, nif, tmc, whatever) into blender.
  2. Fit the mesh to the body
  3. Remove old parent/skeleton/bones/vertex groups (make sure to keep any transformations if you used the skeleton to fit it to the mesh)
  4. Import target original mesh to be replaced (like the tutorial for editting an existing ib/vb)
  5. Duplicate original mesh
  6. Go into edit mode for the duplicate
  7. Select all vertices (Press "a" while cursor is in the 3D view)
  8. Delete all vertices (note, the mesh should still exist, just the mesh now has no vertices, this mesh can now be used to "reset" transform properties, and transfer the custom object properties into each custom mesh piece)
  9. Go to object mode.
  10. Select the custom mesh
  11. Shift+select the duplicate mesh that has no vertices anymore
  12. Merge the meshes together (Press CTRL+J while the cursor is in the 3D view)
    • This will merge your custom mesh into the duplicate mesh object
    • As a result, the combined mesh will have the custom properties from both mesh (meaning your custom mesh now has the 3DMigoto custom properties it needs
    • It will also apply the location, scale and rotation modifications of the custom mesh and inherit the transform properties of the original mesh; setting it to Location: 0,0,0 and Rotation: 90, 0, 0
  13. Rename the resultant combined mesh if desired.
  14. Transfer weights & vertex groups (Merging may have messed up the vertex groups if what your transferred weights from isn't the same mesh that you merged into)
  15. Go to the "Data" Properties tab.
  16. Rename the UV maps to TEXCOORD.xy for ps-t0, TEXCOORD.zw for ps-t1, TEXCOORD1.xy for ps-t2, and if applicable TEXCOORD1.zw
    • Each TEXCOORD### you attempt to define should have a equivalent 3DMigoto:TEXCOORD### custom property that has a value "{'flip_v':1}" in the "Object" Properties Tab.
  17. Export the custom mesh as a VB/IB using the 3DMigoto plugin.

The orange text are the primary key points for handling a mesh that wasn't imported into blender via the 3DMigoto.

Note* if you have a TEXCOORD1.zw, there also needs to be a "3DMigoto:TEXCOORD1.zw" with a value "{'flip_v':1}" as well. If you have 3 UV Maps, then stride should be at least 76, if you 4 UV Maps you need at least 80.

Vertex Groups w/ Weight Paint

For Vertex groups and weight paint. When replacing a mesh, the main key point is that the order of the vertex groups must match the order of the replaced mesh. Meaning if the first vertex group of the original target mesh (being replaced) is intended for the left elbow, the replacement mesh should have its first vertex group also intended for the left elbow.

Because of this, its generally the most simple solution to just wipe the vertex groups from the replacement mesh, and transfer weights from the original mesh to the replacement mesh. This transfer will create the vertex groups and attempt to apply appropriate weight paint to the vertices that exist in the replacement mesh.

If performing your own weight paint, alternatively you can create the vertex groups manually and assign the appropriate weight paint while referring back to the original mesh to figure out which region you should be applying your weight paint for. If no weight paint is needed, just create an empty vertex group to keep the vertex group order correct.

If porting something from a pre-existing mesh. alternatively you can either manually re-arrange the vertex groups to match the correct order or you can rename boy the original and replacement vertex groups to match the names for their intended purpose.

Once both are replaced, duplicate the original mesh, go to edit mode and delete all vertices. This will leave a "mesh" with no vertices but still have the vertex groups with the correct order and matching names. Now you can merge the replacement mesh into the duplicated original mesh (be sure to select the replacement first followed by the duplicate and then press CTRL+J in object mode). This will merge the vertex groups of like names which results in the replacement mesh vertex groups rearranged in the order of the original mesh vertex group order.

Specifically for translation/rotation, easiest to just make sure you make those modifications in "edit mode" and not "Object Mode." If you insist on using object mode, you'll want to apply an additional X rotation: <current X rotation> - 90.

Then use the menu options:

Object > Apply > Location

Object > Apply > Scale

Object > Apply > Rotation

Afterwards, change the X rotation to: 90 degrees so it looks back to how you had it for previewing purposes.

Now when you export, it should have those changes you made.

3 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

I have a text tutorial on my topic, 3rd post if you search for "Exporting original meshes"

Here's the snippet:

Hide contents

Exporting original meshes w/ 3DMigoto's plugin

For any given custom mesh, other than the mesh itself, it'll need UV Maps, Vertex Groups w/ weight painted, and the 3DMigoto Custom Properties.

UV Maps & Textures:

3-4 depending on what you are replacing. Mainly, body meshes use 4 UV Maps while clothing meshes use 3 or 4. These UV Maps correlate the number of textures used per mesh.

Clothing meshes typically have the following textures:

• ps-t0 - Diffuse (coloring)
  • ps-t1 - Normal Map (bump)
  • pt-t2 - Specular Map (reflection)
  • ps-t3* - Wet Diffuse (coloring when wet/sweaty)

Only a few suits use a shader that supports the ps-t3 wet texture. Wetness shifts from ps-t0 -> ps-t3 the more wet they get.

Body meshes typically have the following textures:

• ps-t0 - Diffuse
  • ps-t3 - Tanning mask

I haven't really ever bothered with tracking down which UV map corresponds to which texture as typically they are usually the same mapping. Sometimes the Specular Map UV Map is the only one that differs.

Anyhow, the UV Maps are always named the same thing. Which are:

• TEXCOORD.xy
  • TEXCOORD.zw
  • TEXCOORD1.xy
  • TEXCOORD1.zw*

TEXCOORD1.zw only exists if there are 4 UV Maps needed.

3DMigoto Custom Properties

Every mesh to be exported with the 3DMigoto plugin requires the UV Maps named accordingly and custom properties that correspond to them plus a few extra. I've copied the directions I posted earlier here:

RequiredObjectCustomProperties.png.d662d18468a8c1bf3d927881b6b3d474.png

Now, I used to enter those custom_properties manually, but thats a huge pain. So instead I follow these steps:

The Relatively quick-and-dirty version is the following:

1. Import your custom mesh (xps, nif, tmc, whatever) into blender.
  2. Fit the mesh to the body
  3. Remove old parent/skeleton/bones/vertex groups (make sure to keep any transformations if you used the skeleton to fit it to the mesh)
  4. Import target original mesh to be replaced (like the tutorial for editting an existing ib/vb)
  5. Duplicate original mesh
  6. Go into edit mode for the duplicate
  7. Select all vertices (Press "a" while cursor is in the 3D view)
  8. Delete all vertices (note, the mesh should still exist, just the mesh now has no vertices, this mesh can now be used to "reset" transform properties, and transfer the custom object properties into each custom mesh piece)
  9. Go to object mode.
  10. Select the custom mesh
  11. Shift+select the duplicate mesh that has no vertices anymore
  12. Merge the meshes together (Press CTRL+J while the cursor is in the 3D view)
    • This will merge your custom mesh into the duplicate mesh object
    • As a result, the combined mesh will have the custom properties from both mesh (meaning your custom mesh now has the 3DMigoto custom properties it needs
    • It will also apply the location, scale and rotation modifications of the custom mesh and inherit the transform properties of the original mesh; setting it to Location: 0,0,0 and Rotation: 90, 0, 0
  13. Rename the resultant combined mesh if desired.
  14. Transfer weights & vertex groups (Merging may have messed up the vertex groups if what your transferred weights from isn't the same mesh that you merged into)
  15. Go to the "Data" Properties tab.
  16. Rename the UV maps to TEXCOORD.xy for ps-t0, TEXCOORD.zw for ps-t1, TEXCOORD1.xy for ps-t2, and if applicable TEXCOORD1.zw
    • Each TEXCOORD### you attempt to define should have a equivalent 3DMigoto:TEXCOORD### custom property that has a value "{'flip_v':1}" in the "Object" Properties Tab.
  17. Export the custom mesh as a VB/IB using the 3DMigoto plugin.

The orange text are the primary key points for handling a mesh that wasn't imported into blender via the 3DMigoto.

Note* if you have a TEXCOORD1.zw, there also needs to be a "3DMigoto:TEXCOORD1.zw" with a value "{'flip_v':1}" as well. If you have 3 UV Maps, then stride should be at least 76, if you 4 UV Maps you need at least 80.

Vertex Groups w/ Weight Paint

For Vertex groups and weight paint. When replacing a mesh, the main key point is that the order of the vertex groups must match the order of the replaced mesh. Meaning if the first vertex group of the original target mesh (being replaced) is intended for the left elbow, the replacement mesh should have its first vertex group also intended for the left elbow.

Because of this, its generally the most simple solution to just wipe the vertex groups from the replacement mesh, and transfer weights from the original mesh to the replacement mesh. This transfer will create the vertex groups and attempt to apply appropriate weight paint to the vertices that exist in the replacement mesh.

If performing your own weight paint, alternatively you can create the vertex groups manually and assign the appropriate weight paint while referring back to the original mesh to figure out which region you should be applying your weight paint for. If no weight paint is needed, just create an empty vertex group to keep the vertex group order correct.

If porting something from a pre-existing mesh. alternatively you can either manually re-arrange the vertex groups to match the correct order or you can rename boy the original and replacement vertex groups to match the names for their intended purpose.

Once both are replaced, duplicate the original mesh, go to edit mode and delete all vertices. This will leave a "mesh" with no vertices but still have the vertex groups with the correct order and matching names. Now you can merge the replacement mesh into the duplicated original mesh (be sure to select the replacement first followed by the duplicate and then press CTRL+J in object mode). This will merge the vertex groups of like names which results in the replacement mesh vertex groups rearranged in the order of the original mesh vertex group order.

Specifically for translation/rotation, easiest to just make sure you make those modifications in "edit mode" and not "Object Mode." If you insist on using object mode, you'll want to apply an additional X rotation: <current X rotation> - 90.

Then use the menu options:

Object > Apply > Location

Object > Apply > Scale

Object > Apply > Rotation

Afterwards, change the X rotation to: 90 degrees so it looks back to how you had it for previewing purposes.

Now when you export, it should have those changes you made.

hmm seems quite hard. anyway thanks. i will read and must try it

• 2 years later...