[SOLVED] Devious Devices - For the Masses

16 minutes ago, winny257 said:

cough, but he is the author and thus He has all rights in his work!
you should read forum rule 1! :classic_wink:

https://www.loverslab.com/guidelines/

I know it's a rule but there's nothing preventing anybody from just re-posting the file on another site since the people who want it are obviously going to do what they can to get it. I really don't understand how prohibiting the modification of somebody's content is beneficial towards a community centered around modding content they don't rightfully own in the first place. If I'm wrong here I'm open to opinions. It just seems counter productive to me.

21 minutes ago, Chroom22 said:

I know it's a rule but there's nothing preventing anybody from just re-posting the file on another site since the people who want it are obviously going to do what they can to get it. I really don't understand how prohibiting the modification of somebody's content is beneficial towards a community centered around modding content they don't rightfully own in the first place. If I'm wrong here I'm open to opinions. It just seems counter productive to me.

I do not want gripe, but what do you think would happen, if you mods from Bethesda.Net downloading and then here on LL upload?
it would be another rule violation, but this time severe, with consequences for LL but mainly for the uploader!
if a mod author clearly points out no reuploads, it means that exactly that!

On 9/8/2019 at 3:31 PM, winny257 said:

I do not want gripe, but what do you think would happen, if you mods from Bethesda.Net downloading and then here on LL upload?
it would be another rule violation, but this time severe, with consequences for LL but mainly for the uploader!
if a mod author clearly points out no reuploads, it means that exactly that!

I'm trying to understand what you're saying here.

You mean if somebody uploaded Bethesda made esp's here it would be an issue? The modder wouldn't own the rights to a company's product so it would just be removed by moderation. I'm going to take a guess here and assume Skyrim Modders aren't a legal asset to Bethesda most of the time, especially on LL due to its nature. I'm also going to assume it's partially why LL bans pay walled mods as well since they would be making profit from Bethesda's product.

If what you're saying is what would happen if I uploaded the modders content to Bethesda.net then I'm also at a loss. Bethesda is likely aware of the existence of LL. I don't think they would agree to uploading LL content on their site but the legal ramifications are entirely different in that scenario.

If I'm incorrect on either of these speculations please let me know.

Either way this is obviously a derailing conversation. Sorry I brought it up. If you want to continue it you can PM me I suppose. I just would like those files and I really don't have the time in my schedule (or innate programming skills for that matter) to contribute the time to actually make my own version of this content. It takes a lot of investment to learn this stuff and I can't afford that when I spend enough time just learning how to get the mods to work in the first place.

• 1 month later...

I agree with winny257 if someone makes a mod out of a game they did not create in the first place by the same company that made the game nobody has the right only that company of the game has the right to make the call not the modder. I support allot of modders but I'm perfectly clear to them that I don't have to give them a dime should I choose to because they did not make the game in the first place. In most cases modding can be viewed as fraud people who force others to pay for a mod that is scripted off the game there for bound by the game companies policies and only they can make calls such as this I'm shocked people who confuse they're work based off of others such as games would think that its they're call. I have attorneys and lots of friends in law enforcement so I know the legal ramifications. Lonely Hunter is wrong when he or she said that he has every right because legally if you were to take it to court the judge would side on the gaming company that made the game not the modder who used they're resources. I pay through the kindness of my heart not because I have to or because the mod author demands it because technically anything any modder uses from a game to develop a mod for that game is not they'res to begin with not to mention external software from other companies that they use to produce the mod. The sense that I'm getting at is that allot of modders are removing mods because if it does not work for them then nobody can use it (its like america saying if we can't win a battle or war then we will use nukes and commit mass genocide and exterminate the entire human population its like a cry baby) I'm not trying to make enemies but these are cold hard facts that you all need to get through your head even if you get a license for your mod under your name the company that made the game always has the final decisions not the modder the most he can do with a licence is put his mods up and tell others nobody can distribute it making copies of it but to take it down its not his call or LL call if you think other wise then your head is messed up.

• 4 months later...
On 9/8/2019 at 8:05 AM, dgtsy said:

edit:

Files links removed to appease mod author. I can't share them, it looks like.

If anyone needs these files (1.04 full and 1.05 update), I can't share them, and I can't give the link through PM.

i'm highly interested if you still have it !! i'm looking for it EVERYWHERE but cant find it :(

• 2 months later...
On 3/18/2020 at 11:33 AM, Alexandersmith7 said:

lol some mod authors are just not right in the head.

What they need to understand is that it's just a mod for a game. Not something that will give them a future career on a top gaming company. There are a few modders that make quality content that is worth protecting, and those authors usually have a patreon. Personally would never have a mod removed because of some shitty principle.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, anonymousarchiver said:

Is sharing them privately against the rules? If not, PM me with the files, please. :)
Also, does anyone know WHY the author took them down? I'm a nosy bitch, so I'd like to know.

Redistibuting is any sharing :)

But I am also currious, why the mod author did it.

In the end it is his/her decision, but only found out today about the mod, therefor I am intrested.
The only thing I can do is try to make such thing on my own (with almost 0 programming ? and only mapping in Farming Simulator), or hope for another mod, that does similar things.
Identical would be against the copyright of the modder ?

• 4 months later...