player.additem issue

Hey y'all

I'm trying to get an item from a mod, specifically the Lei Fang and Christie outfits, using the .additem function through the console. I have found the object ids using CS, and according to my load order it's the 45th mod loaded, so I use the following to try and get the item:

player.additem 450013bc 1

But, this returns a "Item not found for parameter object ID" error each time. Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to make this work? I appreciate any assistance, thanks in advance.

By 45th do you mean the 45th mod in your load order, or do you mean the hexidecimal value that you get in say Wrye Bash, because those are two totally different values. You need the hex value from your active plugin in an active load order to replace the first two digits in the object ID.

Hey Slammer

I meant the 45th in my load order. In Wyre' date=' it shows as 020013bc, so what I try to enter is 450013bc.

[/quote']

yea 45 in your load order doesnt mean its pre titled 45, oblivion likes to head alot of files with things like 1a or 2c ect., so 45 down could be anything, wry bash or tes4edit tell you the correct object id's for spawning/manipulating, and personally i think for the function of tracking down items/scripts and their id's, i think its faster to use tes4edit

Hey Slammer,

Thought that as well, tried it earlier with the same error.

Hey Bashis

Not 100% sure on what you're saying, think you mean tha Wyre Bash is going to show the correct id, but I have tried the ID it provides with no joy.

Thanks to both of you for your quick resposes, I do appreciate it.

Something sounds wrong here, you shouldn't have your mod as an 02, that's 3 in the list on Wrye Bash, usually where ESM's go. Have you opened your current, active load order in Wrye Bash and looked under the Load Order Column? Cause on mine the 45th Mod loaded is listed as 2C, you might want to check that, try it with 2C as the first 2 digits.

Archived