X-Blender 2.49b is working!

But I can't figure out how to use it. Can someone educate me on exactly how to import an oblivion nif? I'm tired of not being able to do real mesh work. I have searched for tutorials, but there is so much blender information online I can't pin point even this basic thing. Thank you google, for all your misguided suggestion... 

Edit; 

Ok sorta got it, but really fumbling through here. Now I have a nif imported, but the cube thing is here too. Isn't experimenting fun!?

Ok. What do you mean by the right scaling? I just managed to do just what you said, right before reading your post. Regarding removing the cube, and I managed to export a nif that opened in nifskope. So apparently, I'm on the right track at least. 

Nif files are in Oblivion unit where 128 == human height. On Blender it's way too big, so the nifscript scales down to 0.1 when import and back to 10.0 when you export. These are the default settings of the nifscripts. You should be fine as long as you don't mess with them... or mess with them right.

Archived