• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/13/2019 at 8:47 AM, Ingun Black-Briar said:

Small update: To everyone's amazement they already had my new specs today, so I'm wearing them right now. My injured eye is still hurting but I see a million times better than before, so I'll definitely work on some custom content as soon as my eye is a little less sore and tender. Yay!

Feel better soon! wishing you a speedy recovery my friend! ❤️

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2019 at 1:36 AM, Ingun Black-Briar said:

Some of my fave animations are his. Maybe he'd be interested in helping me with the animations for the project, as that's honestly the only thing I have zero experience with!

Hi, how are you? Any progress on this mod?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/16/2019 at 1:36 AM, Ingun Black-Briar said:

Some of my fave animations are his. Maybe he'd be interested in helping me with the animations for the project, as that's honestly the only thing I have zero experience with!

Hey is this mod still a thing? I really hope your vision is getting better and you to get well

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 11:10 PM, ColonolNutty said:

If someone did animations/overlays, I could do the scripting of it.

Thank you for intereresting in this idea! your tallent is really appreciated, sadly I can't help since I don't know anything about animations or overlays for the sims but at least I can thank you, I hope this mod will become a thing in the future

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 2:53 PM, ColonolNutty said:

Eventually I'll get around to coding out the skeleton for this. Been too busy to find the time. :(

Don't worry dude, take as much time as you need, and I hope you are taking the current situation with the quarantine good btw!

• 1 month later...

I've been looking at the modding scripts. It's way beyond me at this time!
However, I get the jest of it.

I was wondering if a script could be added for the milking machine and the animation that after a certain time, like when the tank is full, a jug/glass/bottle of milk appears either on the ground or in the sim's inventory. That could be drank like regular milk (replenishing some hunger) or sold for like §100 to §200 maybe? And/or as a retail/restaurant/etc item for more? It would have to not spoil, preferably.

Just getting this started would be cool. More details could be added on later like an actual "produce breast milk" trait and a Skill maybe like where they can produce more and therefore sell more and/or have more for everyone to drink (eat).  :)

P.S. All the other ideas are awesome too! Would love to see it! I'd contribute to the programing if I could!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the whicked farm idea:  Things I thought of...

Could it be a career trait with various milking uniforms.  Animations to help produce - make more production and selling.  Like a forman uniforms and animation with certain thing you can do to produce more.  I have hyperdriver milker 2000 but you cant sell the milk and the animation is limited.  There are so many possibilities for this.  Thanks...  

Setting up a milk shop is very easy and can most likely be done without mods. The bug hump would just be setting up the acquisition of Milk.

SALES:

If you have the ability to set up a resteraunt in game or retail store, if milk were a buyable food hypothetically, all one would have to do is sell it from either resteraunt or retail store. Uniforms wouldn't be hard as I believe theres already enough mods out to create a generic Hucow look or even dairy worker. As for how to set it up, either have milking and sales occur at the same location or seperate locations. Assuming a milking system is already complete, a modded aspect would fall down to making sure those who are milked either stay on the milkers or will autonomously get on them when they are able to be milked.

Milk:

Milk as it is implied should definitely be a food item in game with the same qualities as many other food items, such as quality and longevity. One thing I believe should be included for a dairy mod is a WW trait determining if the sim is indifferent to Breast milk or into having it completely. Indifference could be no trait, while love for it could be having the trait "Dairy lover" or so. This way it just adds to story telling etc. Also, I'm not sure if the mod is to be used as a framework or if its a contact creator deal but if its a framework kind of ordeal Srsly Sims mod for cooking would be amazing to include compatability wise, reason being you can have your sims make things out of the milk like desserts, ice cream, etc by creating recipes. This would be a great thing to do if you have a resteraunt set up.

ACQUISITION:

As mentioned earlier in this post matching up animations etc can be tricky due to how certain things play out in the game not to mention, for creators to have to keep track of many animations to find which ones they want to use for mods can be a small hassle whereas there's already bugs to fix, updates to make, and other such things for maintaining releases. Personally I feel for Sims 4 if any heavy dairy themed things are to come out in force itd be easier to focus on milk pumps which there's already the one floating around. Im unsure if the pump has many animation right now but with scripting and system creation, a small milk system can be started, which in time can be fleshed out with breastfeeding all over the place etc. As for now I think just simple acquiring of Milk is a good first step.

MANAGEMENT:

Depending on how milking is done it may require a means for it to be transferred from sim to sim. If I recall correctly the game keeps NPCs inventory clear as to prevent lag. Because of this I believe that to keep the floor open as to how milk is handled it should run as a trait that provides buffs. And said buffs would dictate how much milk is produced. So say a sim has a "Full" buff. If that sim were to hop on a Milking machine. The milking machine can pump, x ounces of milk. Then when the owner of the machine clicks the machine perhaps an option to open the machine like fridges can show how much milk is in it. For me personally I like how Basemental's curing weed system works in regards to you need 15 uncured buds and a curing jar to cure one ziplock. So perhaps something similar could be done with milk stored in the machine. Something like 128 ounces [or just round to 130 to keep it simple] of milk is needed to create a gallon. At this point bottling and storing it could be done either for safe keeping or personal use, or even processing for selling. Once the player has as much milk as they want they can begin processing milk they've stored with one of the chemistry stations or some other appliance, and selling said processed milk or doing whatever comes to mind.

Anywho long story short im very excited as to wherever the future of dairy mods in this game goes but my 2 cents to throw in is utilizing the milk pumps and starting a system off those would make for a very great starting point. What are your guy's thoughts? ??

14 hours ago, aegaskin said:

Setting up a milk shop is very easy and can most likely be done without mods. The bug hump would just be setting up the acquisition of Milk.

SALES:

If you have the ability to set up a resteraunt in game or retail store, if milk were a buyable food hypothetically, all one would have to do is sell it from either resteraunt or retail store. Uniforms wouldn't be hard as I believe theres already enough mods out to create a generic Hucow look or even dairy worker. As for how to set it up, either have milking and sales occur at the same location or seperate locations. Assuming a milking system is already complete, a modded aspect would fall down to making sure those who are milked either stay on the milkers or will autonomously get on them when they are able to be milked.

Milk:

Milk as it is implied should definitely be a food item in game with the same qualities as many other food items, such as quality and longevity. One thing I believe should be included for a dairy mod is a WW trait determining if the sim is indifferent to Breast milk or into having it completely. Indifference could be no trait, while love for it could be having the trait "Dairy lover" or so. This way it just adds to story telling etc. Also, I'm not sure if the mod is to be used as a framework or if its a contact creator deal but if its a framework kind of ordeal Srsly Sims mod for cooking would be amazing to include compatability wise, reason being you can have your sims make things out of the milk like desserts, ice cream, etc by creating recipes. This would be a great thing to do if you have a resteraunt set up.

ACQUISITION:

As mentioned earlier in this post matching up animations etc can be tricky due to how certain things play out in the game not to mention, for creators to have to keep track of many animations to find which ones they want to use for mods can be a small hassle whereas there's already bugs to fix, updates to make, and other such things for maintaining releases. Personally I feel for Sims 4 if any heavy dairy themed things are to come out in force itd be easier to focus on milk pumps which there's already the one floating around. Im unsure if the pump has many animation right now but with scripting and system creation, a small milk system can be started, which in time can be fleshed out with breastfeeding all over the place etc. As for now I think just simple acquiring of Milk is a good first step.

MANAGEMENT:

Depending on how milking is done it may require a means for it to be transferred from sim to sim. If I recall correctly the game keeps NPCs inventory clear as to prevent lag. Because of this I believe that to keep the floor open as to how milk is handled it should run as a trait that provides buffs. And said buffs would dictate how much milk is produced. So say a sim has a "Full" buff. If that sim were to hop on a Milking machine. The milking machine can pump, x ounces of milk. Then when the owner of the machine clicks the machine perhaps an option to open the machine like fridges can show how much milk is in it. For me personally I like how Basemental's curing weed system works in regards to you need 15 uncured buds and a curing jar to cure one ziplock. So perhaps something similar could be done with milk stored in the machine. Something like 128 ounces [or just round to 130 to keep it simple] of milk is needed to create a gallon. At this point bottling and storing it could be done either for safe keeping or personal use, or even processing for selling. Once the player has as much milk as they want they can begin processing milk they've stored with one of the chemistry stations or some other appliance, and selling said processed milk or doing whatever comes to mind.

Anywho long story short im very excited as to wherever the future of dairy mods in this game goes but my 2 cents to throw in is utilizing the milk pumps and starting a system off those would make for a very great starting point. What are your guy's thoughts? ??

Excellent additions to the existing idea and work in progress. I always wanted a breastfeeding mod and threw an idea here and now thanks to ColonolNutty, this is becoming a reality.

Keep the ideas and suggestion train rolling guys, you know how we all love tits! ?