I can't figure out how to install LoversLab mods into Skyrim SE (new at all of this)

I want to play the Slaverun Reloaded SE mod, but I have no idea how to get the mods on this website into the game.

I've got all the nexusmods mods it says it needs downloaded using Vortex, but have no clue how to install the mods from this site after downloading them or how to go about ensuring they're in order/working.

I checked the thread and other forums to try to figure it out, but didn't see anything.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim SE to try to start clean if that information helps any.

EDIT: if you are looking for how to install the files. download the file like any other file. in MO/MO2 move the file into the mod organizer downloads folder and it will be available in MO at that point. in Vortex drag the file to the vortex mod list for your game and it will copy it in.

ok, so this is a complicated thing if you are at the point of not yet knowing what vortex is.

step 1 i would say is decide if you are going to use 'vortex' or 'mod organizer 2' to do this with. and install it.

next you will need to install SKSE as that is part of most complex mods.

next up i would install all the mods that are required for the mods you want to run (mod dependencies) and the mod you want to run (slave run reloaded)

run loot at this point and FNIS and maybe bodyslide (depends on what you got going on. Loot is a must have. FNIS is for animations. bodyslide is for body/outfit stuff. for example if you change or add or remove animations you must run FINS.)

after you get all that figured out you should be able to play unless something needs configuring.

Thank you very much, but I think you misunderstood. I know what vortex is, my question is how to download the Loverslab mods. I already downloaded all the mods needed on nexusmods, I just need to download the mods on this site.

When I download loverslab mods they don't appear in Vortex and I don't know how to get them to, that's my issue.

- How to get mods from here: you just download them like any other file. Just go to the download section for Skyrim SE. The mods will be compressed files, don't extract them.

- How to add them to Vortex: in Vortex there should be a button like "Add mod from file" or "Install from file", new window appears and you select the compressed files you've previously download.

You have to manually install mods from here. Like NMM (nexus mod manager) you must place file into the folder where NMM stores it's mods at and then start NMM and find the mod and install it. For NMM it has a tab when you start it that takes you to the NMM mod folder.

Okay, I got it almost all installed but now I've run into a problem.

I used the special edition script extender from here (http://skse.silverlock.org/) following the guide on how to do it from here (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1197413219) using the "Smarter scripts installation" method, but LOOT says it's not installed and the skse64_loader.exe says "Couldn't find SkyrimSE.exe." So something's gone wrong.

I think it's because I'm doing it in the wrong folder, but can't figure out the right one.

I'm doing it in "C:\Users\(my name)\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition" but I'm not sure if that's the right one.

I'm using a Dell PC if that helps.

41 minutes ago, vialofdrug said:

Okay, I got it almost all installed but now I've run into a problem.

I used the special edition script extender from here (http://skse.silverlock.org/) following the guide on how to do it from here (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1197413219) using the "Smarter scripts installation" method, but LOOT says it's not installed and the skse64_loader.exe says "Couldn't find SkyrimSE.exe." So something's gone wrong.

The Smarter scripts installation is just packing the scripts and installing that file through MO/Vortex, but you still need to place the dll and exe files from SKSE into the Skyrim folder (where the skyrimse.exe is).

41 minutes ago, vialofdrug said:

I'm doing it in "C:\Users\(my name)\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition" but I'm not sure if that's the right one.

That file path contains the ini, logs and save files. Your game should be under ...\Steam\Steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition. That's where you need to place the dll and exe files from SKSE.

Okay now the problem is Skyrim Special Edition won't even load. From the skse64_loader it just crashes and from the main loader it opens to the first menu (Play, Support, Options, Exit) but crashes when I try to Play.

I think I did everything it said I should, from prerequisite mods to the skyrim special addition script extender to running the generator for FNIS.

I've got LOOT going and it says it's fine and Vortex has no issues either.

• 11 months later...
12 minutes ago, Dagmatt said:

How do I install this using mod manager?

Define "this".

Which mod manager?

For a wide and non-specific answer: every mod manager has a button to install a mod from a local file. You just need to go to the mod download page, download the file (it will be a zipped file, don't unzip it), then use said button to install the zipped file. The mod files will be added to your mod manager as usual.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Topherwolf86420 said:

How do I install a mod manually using mo2.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:36 PM, Just Don't said:

every mod manager has a button to install a mod from a local file.

This is that button in MO2. You just press it and select the zipped file you downloaded.

image.png.6fcd59a30b13367154152545f5d29dee.png

And there definitively is a downloads folder, but you don't really need it if you do the above (it's in \MO2\downloads, and \MO2 is whatever location you picked during the MO installation).

10 hours ago, Topherwolf86420 said:

How do I install a mod manually using mo2. I'm trying to download and install some loverslsb. And for when you say move the file to your mo2 folder in the downloads. There is no downloads folder

Yes there is, it is where the nexus downloads you make through mo2 go, it is defined in the settings but you can change it if you want to, personally I have a seperate hd with all my downloads on it and point the downloads directory to that, installing files from places other than nexus is pretty simply download the file to where ever you normally do through your web browser, this may be your desk top or downloads folder, from there move them into the downloads directory mo2 has created, when you next go onto the downloads tab in mo2 they should be there depending on how you sort it, for me they are at the very bottom of the list, simply double click on them like you would a nexus mod after that.