Can't edit NPCs in CK without crashing

gooboo

I've run into a problem with the creation kit that I can't seem to figure out. Whenever I try to edit an npc record, the ck just crashes. I've tried just opening up the vanilla Fallout 4 file without any other mods or DLC and it still crashes. I've run the program as administrator mode and it still doesn't work. I've checked the Bethesda Launcher and it says my ck is up to date, so I don't think that's the issue. I have also uninstalled and re-installed Fallout itself, and the creation kit still crashes. Whenever I click on an npc to edit something, the window pops up, freezes a moment, and then I get a ctd.

What's going on here? I haven't had this problem before. I've edited npc records and appearances many times in the past, why did the creation kit stop working now? It's been a few months since I last opened up the ck and started modding anything of significance, so I'm not sure what the problem is. 

Archived