Features for Incest & Teen-Adult Relationships Are Going Away...

This is incredibly sad news. For those following TURBODRIVER on Patreon, they issued a statement a little over a week ago regarding the future of these two features in WickedWhims:

Patreon Community Guidelines prohibit sharing any content that contains romantic/sexual interactions with possibly underage virtual people or incestuous relationships between these virtual people.

I can't officially provide or support the kind of content Patreon prohibits in their rules on their platform. These features cannot be added back to the mod. I would suggest looking for solutions on other platforms WickedWhims is available on or asking fellow users in the comment section for help. You don't need to sacrifice Patreon features for it, the public release is not the solution.

I want you to understand that besides the inner Patreon policies, this is not directly the fault of Patreon but them conforming with the bigger entities that control the money flow. It's hard to blame one person for it, it's a complicated mess of things. Moving away from Patreon because of this doesn't help either as it only hurts creators you might want to support.

I find this utterly ridiculous considering the Teens in The Sims 4 have the appearance of someone who's 18-19. And since when has incest between virtual, completely fictional characters been in any way illegal? I could boot up Crusader Kings 2 right now and have babies with my sister without any kind of mods.

Unless someone smart creates a mod that re-enables these two features, your best bet might be to stick with the most recent public release which still has these two features enabled.

This was handled ages ago and patrons still have access to those features, 

The point is that Patreon as a company cannot be seen to be promoting or glorifying certain things, 

It's nothing to do with belief or censorship and everything to do with the fact that they appeal to a larger variety of creators than just NSFW 

A compromise was reached and that's all we need to focus on

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 7:27 AM, ryania said:

I find this utterly ridiculous considering the Teens in The Sims 4 have the appearance of someone who's 18-19.

While i'm not a fan of needless censorship, if this is the argument for its use, then just date/WW with a young adult they're like 18-19 too.  From your position, theres really no difference. 

19 minutes ago, SirKicley said:

While i'm not a fan of needless censorship, if this is the argument for its use, then just date/WW with a young adult they're like 18-19 too.  From your position, theres really no difference. 

Exactly what I did. There's literally no difference except a flavour one.

I like to play the sims in imagining the characters from my stories. One of them is a race or magic users, descended from aliens, who were discovered and nearly wiped out. All that is left is one male adult, his son, his HUMAN wife and his dead adopted brothers twin son and daughter. While in my stories they married outside the race, I like using WickedWhims and The Sims 4 to fantasize that they are living as a family and since the niece is the last true female, they need to 'repopulate' the race again. Since in my stories the race lives A LONG TIME, they are not really teenagers, I switch off aging in-game for this affect, until I feel the time is right to age them up. Since I haven't played for a while I am annoyed and upset at this news. While on one hand I can understand, it is not like I'm gonna go out and do what encourages. Ryania is right, it's a harmless virtual game. What? Do they think someone is going to put the mod on the game and go "Incest is in a mod for a game? It's ALLOWED??!!! OK, in that case I'm going to go off and have sex with my sister\brother them. The mod\game said I could." Since when has that happened and if someone tried that, well, that's either THEIR fault, or the their parents for not monitoring what their downloading."

yeah i just added the update and lost that, which is a bugger since my 100 baby challenge is my a teen! and my teen boy has 2 teen girlfriends and a young adult wife...it totally ruined my gameplay!

if there is a way to get it back please let me know! incest i need too since most of my sims are all in the same family tree.

19 hours ago, Elterco93 said:

Far as i know incest is no longer supported for next updates

Are you sure you're not confusing the Patreon version with the website version?

I just downloaded and installed the 145c version of WickedWhims released TODAY (8/12/2019), and everything's still there. Just started a new game where I created a young adult brother and him get married to and have sex with his teen sister, the global incest switch and unlock Romance age restrictions were still there in cheats under settings, and the incest trait was still there as a reward. [...Now I'm wondering what someone would think reading that last sentence on a regular board.]

If you're going to bump an alarmist thread, at least provide a source to confirm.

32 minutes ago, Yakis0ba said:

Are you sure you're not confusing the Patreon version with the website version?

I just downloaded and installed the 145c version of WickedWhims released TODAY (8/12/2019), and everything's still there. Just started a new game where I created a young adult brother and him get married to and have sex with his teen sister, the global incest switch and unlock Romance age restrictions were still there in cheats under settings, and the incest trait was still there as a reward. [...Now I'm wondering what someone would think reading that last sentence on a regular board.]

If you're going to bump an alarmist thread, at least provide a source to confirm.

I was using the release of version 140c on August 8. I'm going to check the new version 145c of today, sorry for the alarmist blow wasn't my intention

22 hours ago, Elterco93 said:

I was using the release of version 140c on August 8. I'm going to check the new version 145c of today, sorry for the alarmist blow wasn't my intention

Looking at the patch notes for WW v145b, I now see that it says "fixed missing relationship content." It doesn't say what it is or when it became missing, but now I'm suspecting that maybe he did leave it out by accident in one patch, or there was a common bug that made it not work for some people.

And my frustrated reaction was entirely directed at your second post, and mostly because I see that kind of thing all the time (i.e., "I heard a rumor X is going to happen, so even though devs have specifically refuted it, it must still be true."

• 4 weeks later...

Teenager means a person who is in their teen years (thirteen to nineteen). The minimum age of consent is 16, which is below 18, the minimum age one is recognized as an adult by the law.

Now, the age of the teens of The Sims 4 is abstract, and most of them look like young adults. If their age is unspecified, their depiction is not based on age counted in years, but rather the teen age is used as a theme, abstractly based on the teenage years. Teenage years could be the 16 years old age of consent, or the 18 years old minimum age when a teenager is considered an adult.

The Sims teens look like young adults, aka 19 year olds.