Any mods that give Family Planning Pregnancies status effects?

Are there any mods that give FPE pregnancies effects? I'm referring mostly to things like SPECIAL point and movement speed decreases that get worse the further along your character is. I just think that it kind of trivializes the contraceptives if there is no good reason to not be pregnant.

4 hours ago, failmuseum said:

any chance of that coming back in version 2?

I could make a mini-mod to give pregnancy effects, yes.

In fact, I think that's what I will work on now since I have no real ongoing projects at the moment. :)

I mean... the original meaning of RSE, almost 2 years ago, was "Reproductive System Effects", where the sole purpose of the original mod was to give Nora a menstrual cycle and pregnancy effects. So in a way, it'll be like returning to the beginning. And as luck would have it, I still have the original RSE source code here and can just pull out those parts of it and make a small mod. Lucky for you!

As an update on this.

I didn't actually have what I needed in the old source - it was VERY old RSE code and not what I needed at all, so I spent the last little while building a new API so that I can poll or action on player pregnancy related items within FPE.

1. I can compare your days to months ratio, which is great for building a menstrual cycle.
  2. I can know when you are pregnant or not.
  3. I can know how many months pregnant that FPE considers you, per your days to month ratio.
  4. I can make you have a miscarriage.
  5. I can force you to have a birth, be it an actual baby or stillborn.
  6. I have made this API aware of an infected player via Wastelander's Rash, so that can carry consequences and a problematic pregnancy.

With this API in place, I can now build effects, such as the actual menstrual cycle, morning sickness, fatigue based on months pregnant. I can even build in craving for certain kinds of food, I can reduce carry weight based on months pregnant and I can certainly alter you movement speed or make it so you cant run.

Which is to say, you should probably expect all of these things. ;)

Further updates on this will take place in the RSE II Resources ESM support thread. And yes, it *is* happening. Probably be release ready within a day or two, knowing me, as well as I'd like to think I do.

----

And who says mod authors ignore requests for mods to be made??? Just depends on the idea and on the person it resonates with I suppose... 

Now if this had've been an inflation mod request or a pissing or shitting the pants mod, lol, there's no way I would've even posted in it... ?

Archived