Game freeze

Blaydon

No the song doesn't play but she moves her ass on the little pillar for a while and then it freezes.

My load order is as follows on a fresh Oblivion install

Oblivion.esm

Alternate Start by Robert Evrae.esp

MQ Refusal - No Gates.esp

DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLC MehrunesRaxor.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

Knights.esp

MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp

VToy.esp

SMChorrol.esp

SMVtoyCross.esp

Re downloaded the video and sounds files and replaced them still no effect on the problem.

Song still doesn't play.

where is this Soundcommand.dll supposed to be it does not appear to be anywhere in my oblivion files and was not in the sound and video package CLS Gold MSVG12.1 anywhere. Actually ignore that I have found it in the runtime and will redownload to check.

I am using the normal esp not the gold so could this be connected to that as the sound files etc are gold is it possible there is some sort of disconnect there?

Normaly not. To this point you can try the gold esp though as you have already skipped all the new Gold material but I'm not 100% certain.

If you want, post your savegame files here and I'll give it a go.

Sorry for the late answer, my gamebox crashed today so I still haven't reached the Oblivion install part...

This is my savegame tried shifting the dll into the same folder as OBSE (didn't work) tried reloading the runtime and sound and video packs and that didnt work either.

Actually it will not let me attach the save game can i send it some other way? Got is converted to a rar file.

Tried the gold esp with exactly the same result.

It says I'm drawn closer and can't resist but my character does not move after this message, is it supposed to?

Save 415 - Pussy Galore - Sumuru Forest, Level 2, Playing Time 11.03.18.rar

I hate to be a burden but I really need both files just before the problem appears :)

The only thing that works now is CH3 but that's way too early.

Go into your game before you take the door in the trunk leading to Tamara, open the console and type "save grumpf".

Check in your save folder and send me grumpf.ess and grumpf.obse.

We'll fix it god dammit!

Can't remember if I have or not as I tend to have music turned right down so i can hear footsteps coming up behind me.

I could load an earlier save and turn the music slider up to check.

YES i hear music playing in the save the files i sent you, very nice music btw.

Can't remember if I have or not as I tend to have music turned right down so i can hear footsteps coming up behind me.

I could load an earlier save and turn the music slider up to check.

YES i hear music playing in the save the files i sent you' date=' very nice music btw.

[/quote']

You're missing a LOT of CLS without the music... So your game wasn't frozen but you couldn't hear the song then?

Just as the player controls are re enabled and the hud comes back up it freezes every time the only way to get out is a Ctrl Alt Del.

Will try the file. Tried it, still freezes, reinstalled all files wondered there is a vtoy.esp in both the gold mesh pack and the runtime9 pack which am i supposed to be using as they are different sizes. although it crashes with both.

• 1 year later...

Yes, I've come across the same fault, a game-breaking freeze-up that prevents any further progression with the module.

The PC arrives in the Sumuru Forest and is suspended in place (no navigation HUD etc) while Tamara sings (audibly). As the HUD is restored the game stops, with the just-appearing HUD icons semi-transparent. At that point no further keyboard or mouse command works in-game, including console, requiring Ctl-Alt-Del to escape to desktop.

This is with CLS Gold 33863 with Patch 1.

The workaround I used to continue this excellent adventure was, at the point just before passing through the log door to encounter Tamara, to use the console command  player.moveto xx0de0c9 (where xx is the load order number of vtoy.esp, as determined by whichever loader program you use). This skips the song and places the PC next to Tamara to commence the conversation that is meant to follow, and then allows the story to continue as planned.

Archived