Regarding Nipton

zippy57

Thinking about something for SexoutAgent and it brought up a question I have about Nipton. I once completely missed triggering the Legion troops in Nipton and never bothered to come back. My question is: If the Player doesn't trigger that conversation, will they stand there until the Player actually does, or will they eventually vanish at some point?

That's the start of Cold, Cold Heart, yeah. Since it never actually tells you who to talk to I never finished it in any of my five or six playthroughs. :P

Now I'm curious about what happens on the Strip. I assume not-Vulpes, whoever that is, shows up at the Strip to give you the Mark? Or does the game only check IsDead and Vulpes is in two places at once. Wouldn't put that past them...

That's the start of Cold' date=' Cold Heart, yeah. Since it never actually tells you who to talk to I never finished it in any of my five or six playthroughs. :P

Now I'm curious about what happens on the Strip. I assume not-Vulpes, whoever that is, shows up at the Strip to give you the Mark? Or does the game only check IsDead and Vulpes is in two places at once. Wouldn't put that past them...

[/quote']

There are Two Vulpes! But only one reference is active at a time. And if you kill him, someone else shows at the strip.

I think we're all missing what zippy is asking.

Say you skip Nipton first time past. You make it to the Strip and kill Benny, leave the Tops and Vulpes is waiting outside to give you the mark of Caesar. If you then go back to Nipton, is he still there with his crew? You continue on to the fort and meet him there, if you go back to Nipton after that will he and his crew still be there?

I think we're all missing what zippy is asking.

Say you skip Nipton first time past. You make it to the Strip and kill Benny' date=' leave the Tops and Vulpes is waiting outside to give you the mark of Caesar. If you then go [i']back[/i] to Nipton, is he still there with his crew? You continue on to the fort and meet him there, if you go back to Nipton after that will he and his crew still be there?

Ahh good question. I would say "probably", but can't confirm for certain.

So if they're still there, what would that mean in terms of when the attack of Nipton occurred? I think the dialogue at Nipton implies you run into the Legion troops as they're leaving; so if I run through the town and come back three in-game months later... did it still "just happen"?

Pretty much, the only difference is in the greeting; the other topics (eg "what happened here?") are the same. Although to be fair, none of the dialog specifically says it only just happened that day. On a regular playthrough, it's just implied - you come across a dead town, there's some guys there saying they did it, so you assume it's a recent thing, especially because no one else knows about it yet. But in the kind of playthrough you suggest, since Vulpes is always behind NCR lines, it makes sense he'd stop by to admire his earlier handiwork too.

Archived