Devious Devices + IEquip - Possible Conflict

Greetings.

I recently installed a mod called IEquip (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/97177) as a replacement for Souls Quick Menu. It allows switching between multiple weapons, shouts and potions via hotkeys.

I almost immediately noticed mods related to Devious Devices breaking in a strange way. When a devious device is supposed to be equipped on the character by any mod, the following happens:

• Character is undressed as usual
  • A tooltip states that the character is visibly bound
  • Nothing appears visually on the character
  • Several sets of identical devious devices have been added in the inventory and are marked as equipped
    • (by several sets i mean like 5x leg cuffs, 3x collars, 12x arm chains etc, when the mod would usually add only one of each)
  • The devices can be equipped and unequipped without the usual DD dialogue (as if they are non-DD gear), and they remain invisible
  • Dropping these items out of the inventory just removes them, with nothing appearing in the world
  • After dropping several items the game crashes (tested this several times, crashes consistently after around 5 devices have been dropped)

This only happens if devious devices are equipped on a character by an event. If they are added thru console or found in the world, they can be equipped manually and work with no problems (they are visible on the character, they present the usual popup window on equip/unequip etc.)

I have tested this with Deviously Cursed Loot, SL Defeat and Devious Traps - all of their events seem to cause this problem.

I'm also fairly certain IEquip is the culprit as I've tried starting a new game without it and have not run into any issues.

In fact, IEquip is disabled by default and must be enabled via the MCM menu. I've started a new game with IEquip installed (but not enabled), and devious devices worked fine. I then enabled the mod in the MCM menu and any subsequent DD events broke.

I've attached my papyrus log, tho I doubt it will be necessary. Also keep in mind this is a brand new game with ~300 mods installed, so the log is absolutely full of errors and various spam as they all initialized.

I've also attached my modlist as exported by MO.

Papyrus.0.log modlist.txt

Hey there, looks like a conflict with ZaZ Animation Pack (v8 plus) itself (it controls the animation IDLE events).

That's the weird part, xEdit will not show any conflict, because iEquip do not change any IDLE Animations directly...
but as you can see on their description, iEquip is incompatible with Wearable Lanterns (WL changes Torch IDLE animations record), thus a raw patch is required.

How does iEquip edit these IDLE Animations records anyway?
Maybe is somekind of Script ~ Quests injection? I have no idea how to this ones works, if it is via injection, who knows how many ZaZ / DD events are being overwritten. :/

Also, turning off iEquip mid-game does not seem to have any effect, new Cursed Loot devices will be invisible too.

I tried to create a new .ESP patching that Torch IDLE animation thing (which is also used by ZaZ), but it didn't work, if iEquip is enabled, the devices will be invisible.

Hopefully someone with more technical knowledge will be able to patch this.

• 4 weeks later...

I just want to confirm that I have the same problem and after hours of testing I finally find the cupid : IEquip.

Removing the mod during the playthrough solve the bug and it seems that it doesn't affect the game. I did some quick test and everything seem to work fine (like Cursed loot). I will update the post if not.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I have actually posted a temporary patch before on the Deviously Cursed Loot forum.

I explained what the conflict is and what my patch will do. I have been using it for a while and apart from a few expected bugs, iEquip is in a functional state.

In a nutshell, iEquip tries to track individual items in the player's inventory, but doing this apparently breaks item scripts. This means they can no longer equip themselves on the player (or do any script related things).

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2019 at 8:59 PM, OfficeChair said:

Hey, I have actually posted a temporary patch before on the Deviously Cursed Loot forum.

I explained what the conflict is and what my patch will do. I have been using it for a while and apart from a few expected bugs, iEquip in a functional state.

In a nutshell, iEquip tries to track individual items in the player's inventory, but doing this apparently breaks item scripts. This means they can no longer equip themselves on the player (or do any script related things).

Hope this helps!

I too have this problem with IEquip, will try out the patch. TQ

• 1 year later...
On 7/13/2019 at 3:35 AM, Bellona said:

Hey there, looks like a conflict with ZaZ Animation Pack (v8 plus) itself (it controls the animation IDLE events).

That's the weird part, xEdit will not show any conflict, because iEquip do not change any IDLE Animations directly...
but as you can see on their description, iEquip is incompatible with Wearable Lanterns (WL changes Torch IDLE animations record), thus a raw patch is required.

How does iEquip edit these IDLE Animations records anyway?
Maybe is somekind of Script ~ Quests injection? I have no idea how to this ones works, if it is via injection, who knows how many ZaZ / DD events are being overwritten. :/

Also, turning off iEquip mid-game does not seem to have any effect, new Cursed Loot devices will be invisible too.

I tried to create a new .ESP patching that Torch IDLE animation thing (which is also used by ZaZ), but it didn't work, if iEquip is enabled, the devices will be invisible.

Hopefully someone with more technical knowledge will be able to patch this.

Do you know if wearable lanterns works with zaz modlists then? I always assumed (and it sounds from this) that it doesnt...

thanks!