New player, still learning. have some questions.

Hi all,

So this is pretty wild, yeah?  

I have been using Passion AW and have had some animation problems. 

First question, is OKW_L666_Animations and OKW_L666_kinky_Animations compatible with AW ?  I think i have used some of animation packs meant for kinky world on AW, and Alfiechan seems to say that he has made AW compatible with OKW  animations.  I have searched the forums for a workaround, but no luck yet.  So I thought I would ask. 

The animations appear in the list, but when running the actors just stand in the middle of the furniture.   

Also, I had one animation running, bed cunny with a v for victory - it was cute af, but I cannot find it and wondering what animation pack it was from. 

Hope someone can help

Cheers
Derpity derp derp

*edited for explanation of the error. 

5 hours ago, it's derped said:

Hi all,

hey, there,

first of all: welcome to LL.
regarding your questions:
1. all KW and OKW animations files are compatible with the latest versions of Passion. it used to be called "Animated Woohoo+" and "Animated Woohoo Passion" when AlfieChan was still its developer; however, since Twilight Storm decided to continue its development (in 2015, if i'm not wrong), it has been called only Passion.
you shall find its page here, and the download page for its latest version — 2.7.4.2 — is here.

2. "The animations appear in the list, but when running the actors just stand in the middle of the furniture." this appears to be an animation error due to conflict with the Mod itself or the object, or even a file corruption, mate. it's a hard task to understand the situation if i'm not actually seeing all you have installed in your Mods folder.

what i suggest you do:

• create a new folder on your desktop; you may name it "Old AW Passion" or something similar;
  • move all AW animations and Passion AW files to this folder;
  • download the latest version of Passion from the link above;
  • download the latest animation files from their creators (you may find them on this page);
  • create a folder inside your \Mods\Packages\ folder entitled Passion;
  • move all downloaded files to this newly-created folder and unzip them;
  • this version of Passion comes packed with all needed files, including CMarNYC "the morphing penis." so, if you have it already installed, i advise you to move it and all related files to the folder you created on your desktop;
  • there's a ReadMe PDF file inside the Passion .ZIP archive; i suggest you read it so to understand what you have installed;
  • clear your TS3 cache files (you shall find this info here);
  • start a fresh game and try some or all animations.

regarding this animation "bed cunny with a v for victory," it must be quite old or unknown, for i never saw neither heard of it — and i began using Animated Woohoo when it was Kicker who developed it.

hope this helps, mate.

cheers.

Hey thanks for the tips.  I gave it a go.  I am pretty meticulous, so previously I installed each of the animation packs by themselves, one at a time to identify which ones were not working.  I have also been pouring over the forums. 

I did a fresh install of passion, and just added the basic Nraas mods, skins and meshes, then I installed the problem animations before I installed any others.  Deleted the suggested cache's (pretty much all of them), but am still getting the same problem.  

One thing I have been trying to find out in my searches is whether the OKW_L666_Animations and OKW_L666_kinky_Animations V19 are actually compatible with AW - the suggested AW version is V16 and these work perfectly.    One thing that is a very noticeable difference are what appears to be missing files.  v16 is the one posted for AW on Ladydevils, and it has a small file and a larger package.  (data and xml'ish?)  While V-19 has just the smaller files.  That would then seem to me to be missing the actual animations. Would I be correct? 

So with that in mind, it explains why AW does have fields for the V19 animations, which is an awful tease as they are the only animations with 4 or more people, but no actual animations.  I can post the problem files here if you like, but I don't want to be stepping on the lovely lady devils toes or anything... 

I suspect that i am just going to have to give Kinky world a go. 

the v for victory was on my first AW install, only a couple of days ago, but for the life of me I cannot figure out where it came from.  It's a very Piper Perry move, so, cute. 

hello, there,

hope this message finds you well.

on animation files

there are always two files for each animation: one that has the actual animations' clips (and usually a larger one), and a second one — an XML file — containing the scripts for Kinky World or Animated WooHoo or Passion system methods.

Lady666's archives have different files according to version and player, for example:

1. L666 Animations for AW v.1.6

Spoiler

586150528_ScreenShot2019-06-26at6_19_02AM.png.82faee58023afc3d49dfee60c9da710a.png

2. L666 Animations for AW v.1.9

Spoiler

161436705_ScreenShot2019-06-26at6_20_21AM.png.7d39ec3e303d34a7978a91e85d263726.png

3. L666 Animations for KW v.1.9

Spoiler

83066527_ScreenShot2019-06-26at6_20_47AM.png.d0dcd6197edb939127aca08fe042cd44.png

as you can see from the images above, the sizes for AW and OKW methods of version 1.9 are slightly different, being OKW's a bit larger.

AW_L666_Animations.package 205 KB
OKW_L666_Animations.package 227 KB

AW_L666_RapeBdsm_Animations.package 59 KB
OKW_L666_RapeBdsm_Animations.package 64 KB

it happens because Kinky World animations' player addresses several other factors — including actors' sexes as well as their gender preferences.
a good thing about the latest versions of Passion is their ability to play both methods — AW and OKW — meaning older AW animations (such as Kiw's, Kiwi's, WhosTheWhat's, and AfterDuskSim's, among others) may still be used.

i wish you the very best; please accept my apologies for not being able to help you further.

cheers.

thanks mate, that has explained things.   so it seems i only had the xml part and not the data for the animations themselves.  you can see the animation in the list, and the commands work, but there is nothing to run. 

a bit of ol' hit the forehead and go "der", from me, then. 

50 minutes ago, it's derped said:

so it seems i only had the xml part and not the data for the animations themselves.  you can see the animation in the list, and the commands work, but there is nothing to run. 

oh! i see now, mate.
it makes total sense, then. ? 

after installing the actual animation clip files and give them an ingame try, just tell us how things worked.

cheers!

Archived