Type 3 F Armors from FO3 to NV

SprayDuster

• 1 year later...

I'm talking about a specific custom made armor was originally in Type 3 form.

The armor in question is:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/4886

I've attempted to convert the armor to Type 3 F before, but I just can't get the armor to show in game.

If anyone here who is rather experienced in armor conversions who would be willing to give me a hand, it would be much much appreciated.

Regards

I'm talking about a specific custom made armor was originally in Type 3 form.

The armor in question is:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/4886

I've attempted to convert the armor to Type 3 F before' date=' but I just can't get the armor to show in game.

If anyone here who is rather experienced in armor conversions who would be willing to give me a hand, it would be much much appreciated.

Regards

[/quote']

Perhaps you could post your nif and a basic esp placing it in game and we can take a look and see why it's not appearing?

Perhaps you could post your nif and a basic esp placing it in game and we can take a look and see why it's not appearing?

Here you go. Please note that the nif was not complete. The bra has not converted yet.

Not 100% sure why it's not showing in game but I did notice a few things. Many of your nodes don't match what was originally done in the Type 3 version. As an example, the BSShaderFlags don't match on the BSShaderPPLightingProperty of the skin (missing SF_FaceGen). Also on your other BSShaderPPLightingProperty nodes, they are missing BSShaderFlags as well such as SF_AlphaTexture. For the skin, the BSShaderType on the BSShaderPPLightingProperty is SHADER_DEFAULT when it should be SHADER_SKIN.

I'm not sure if correcting the differences in shader settings will make it visible but I doubt it. I think there's something else that's preventing it from being visible but I'm still not sure what it is. I will keep looking...

• 3 months later...

They don't really need to be converted. If you are replacing meshes you can just drag and drop into your folders and replace the existing meshes. FO3 meshes work perfectly with FONV.

Or were you talking about a specific armor?

What about the .esp file? I tried to import some armors by copying the texture and mesh file, but the game crashes when I try to run the .esp file.

If its a simple armor' date=' open the .esp in FO3Edit and change the master from Fallout3.esm to falloutnewvegas.esm. If its something that requires FOSE, there will be more to it than that but I'm not sure what.

[/quote']

Another step you should do is when you open the mod in FO3Edit to change the master, also look in the file header for the HEDR section. The file's version number will say 0.94. You should change that to 1.34 when you rename the master to FalloutNV.esm.

Archived