Inststall a moddable skyrim

iggypop1

Hi Im looking fur a tutural that after a lot of hassle can start to play me my game : Im new to windows7 so the hole outlay i sditttrenf and i easy cofused:( So wouldt somebody please help Thanax

could you write in English ?

thanks !!

i don't understand your problem... can you launch skyrim? do you want mods?

If I understand you correctly you are wanting to install Skyrim on Windows 7? Is this correct?

Sorry for my bad english.

Yes i want to install Skyrim on Win7 but read somewhere that i need to make another directory, if i use default directory the game wont allow me to mod it. So i just need to know how to do this if somebody would be so kind to help me Thanx

I hope i made myself understandable this time

If you have Steam installed to either Program Files or Program files (x86) you will need to remove it out of that directory and place it somewhere else.

If you follow this link here you will be able to move it.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

Make sure you backup your SteamApps folder otherwise all of your installed games will be lost!

Make sure that you completely read the instructions first before you do anything, if you are still unsure come back and we can take you through it.

If you have Steam installed to either Program Files or Program files (x86) you will need to remove it out of that directory and place it somewhere else.

If you follow this link here you will be able to move it.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

Make sure you backup your SteamApps folder otherwise all of your installed games will be lost!

Make sure that you completely read the instructions first before you do anything' date=' if you are still unsure come back and we can take you through it.

[/quote']

Thanx for quick reply

This is totaly new rig and skyrim should be the first game and i could choose to play it vanilla (what i intend in the first playthrough)but i know i want to mod it later

I havent activated my account/downloaded Steam yet exactly for the reason. So i dont need to move steam but still need a diferent directory?

So i guess i will be prombted when install Skyrim

If its of any matter i got a retail version

The retail version will still require you to connect to Steam regardless. You don't have a choice.

If you have not installed Steam yet or have not used Steam before just make sure you install it outside the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders.

I have mine installed to C:\Steam and it works fine.

As for installing mods it just a matter of dragging and dropping the mod into the Data folder, just like Oblivion.

The retail version will still require you to connect to Steam regardless. You don't have a choice.

If you have not installed Steam yet or have not used Steam before just make sure you install it outside the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders.

I have mine installed to C:\Steam and it works fine.

As for installing mods it just a matter of dragging and dropping the mod into the Data folder' date=' just like Oblivion.

[/quote']

Thanx so when i get the question of where to intall? I could choose C:\steam and i should be fine yes?

Thanx for your help and patience

Yep' date=' when it says "Where do you wish to install Steam" just select C: drive.

The installer will most likely say to install it to C:\Program Files\Steam but you can edit it so it goes to C:\Steam.

After it installs you should be good to go after that.

[/quote']

Its up and working:P

Thank you very much for your help

Archived