Making a new penis mesh? 3d artist wants to start makin some monster cocks!

Hullo all! I noticed there's been a recent influx of 'how to I make mods' so sorry for another one; I'm looking for some more specific guidelines for sims 4 mod creation!

I work as a 3d games artist so have no problem actually making 3d stuff, but, I've never made a mod before, let alone for sims 4, so wanted some info on how to go about doing this. I want to make some new cocks! specifically monster cocks haha. I'm thinking of starting with some bad dragon dicks since they're fun designs and I won't have to think about the nitty gritty of designing new ones until I'm comfortable with the process.

So I have some questions on where to begin on the actual mod process and not the basics of 3d modeling! First step is sims studio, I'm sure. Then is it a process of opening up penis mesh files from other artists and modders and looking at their setup? What about skinning and rigging, whats the process for that? I would need to download a specific file with the penis bones in place and just skin onto those, right, and if so which file? What are the things I need to keep in mind like, how long or thick the penis can be so it still works with animations, how to merge the penis to appear seamless with the rest of the sims body (alpha transparency at the mesh edges?), how to set up things like soft/hard states, etc etc?

Mostly I'm just after some guidelines so I can get stuck into it quick and skip a couple of steps of researching the technical aspects.

Thank you for any guidance you might have!

First of all, @MiniGiles already makes some cool fantasy penises, so make sure you look at their work first.

All WW penises are based on this original penis by cmar. It is outdated now, but kind of the original penis so to speak, so you should try and match it's proportions. Matching the hard penis is much more important than matching the soft penis.

http://cmarnyc.blogspot.com/2016/06/the-sims-4-anatomy-mod-penis-3d-nipples.html

As for rigging penises, there is a guide here. You could also do a weight transfer, but it may be imprecise.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4632-improved-male-rig-with-penis-bones-updated-17112017/

Most CC penises use the "extra bottom" UV space, it's a good choice and you should use it too, a template can be found here. https://playwithstefy.tumblr.com/post/181384529717/dear-sims-4-clothing-cc-creators

Any image editor can be used to make a texture, TS4 uses DDS files but S4S can import both DDS and PNG files, finding an image editor which does PNG files is extremely easy.

The WW mod can handle the soft and hard states of the penis. Once you have made both, you need to write an XML file for them, tutorial here

https://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post/179548231676/support-for-custom-cas-parts

Finally, bad dragon is kind of shit, fantasy sex toy artists on etsy are usually way cooler and you should look on etsy for inspiration instead.

17 hours ago, heartbeatsandbrainwaves said:

First of all, @MiniGiles already makes some cool fantasy penises, so make sure you look at their work first.

All WW penises are based on this original penis by cmar. It is outdated now, but kind of the original penis so to speak, so you should try and match it's proportions. Matching the hard penis is much more important than matching the soft penis.

http://cmarnyc.blogspot.com/2016/06/the-sims-4-anatomy-mod-penis-3d-nipples.html

As for rigging penises, there is a guide here. You could also do a weight transfer, but it may be imprecise.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4632-improved-male-rig-with-penis-bones-updated-17112017/

Most CC penises use the "extra bottom" UV space, it's a good choice and you should use it too, a template can be found here. https://playwithstefy.tumblr.com/post/181384529717/dear-sims-4-clothing-cc-creators

Any image editor can be used to make a texture, TS4 uses DDS files but S4S can import both DDS and PNG files, finding an image editor which does PNG files is extremely easy.

The WW mod can handle the soft and hard states of the penis. Once you have made both, you need to write an XML file for them, tutorial here

https://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post/179548231676/support-for-custom-cas-parts

Finally, bad dragon is kind of shit, fantasy sex toy artists on etsy are usually way cooler and you should look on etsy for inspiration instead.

Awww heartbeatsandbrainwave, Bad dragon isn't a bad choice for fantasy pene shape inspiration. Variety is the spice of life.

17 hours ago, drdonger said:

Hullo all! I noticed there's been a recent influx of 'how to I make mods' so sorry for another one; I'm looking for some more specific guidelines for sims 4 mod creation!

I work as a 3d games artist so have no problem actually making 3d stuff, but, I've never made a mod before, let alone for sims 4, so wanted some info on how to go about doing this. I want to make some new cocks! specifically monster cocks haha. I'm thinking of starting with some bad dragon dicks since they're fun designs and I won't have to think about the nitty gritty of designing new ones until I'm comfortable with the process.

So I have some questions on where to begin on the actual mod process and not the basics of 3d modeling! First step is sims studio, I'm sure. Then is it a process of opening up penis mesh files from other artists and modders and looking at their setup? What about skinning and rigging, whats the process for that? I would need to download a specific file with the penis bones in place and just skin onto those, right, and if so which file? What are the things I need to keep in mind like, how long or thick the penis can be so it still works with animations, how to merge the penis to appear seamless with the rest of the sims body (alpha transparency at the mesh edges?), how to set up things like soft/hard states, etc etc?

Mostly I'm just after some guidelines so I can get stuck into it quick and skip a couple of steps of researching the technical aspects.

You are right the first step is Sim Studio. That part is pretty identical to making any sfw CAS item bottom so any tutorial on the S4S forum should help you out there.

Length and girth of your mesh is going to not only affect how it looks with animations but the rigging process itself. Most animations are just not designed with sim-forearm sized penes in mind. @.Noir. pretty much has the standard for lengths, so you can kind of gauge how a mesh may look with most animations by comparing it to .Noir.'s 5 sizes.

On 6/9/2019 at 9:39 AM, drdonger said:

Yeah you want to use the rig from WW files, put a copy of WW into your S4S mods folder and then open up S4S; create a CAS standalone from the rigged WW penis you find in the male/bottom/custom section.

Export the mesh as a .blend, open that blend file, append your mesh, replace/merge with your new mesh, weight paint the new mesh too the bones, you can use auto painting but it's never perfect.  Make sure after you have replaced the mesh with your own that it's set to the rig on the object modifiers tab, you can test quickly by putting the rig in pose mode and moving the penis/leg bones, your mesh should move as the normal(other penis) mesh would. Then import your mesh to replace the mesh you had in your CAS standalone, repeat the import for each level of detail, you can make lower poly models for this if you prefer.

As @MiniGiles said @.Noir. has pretty much set the standard in size range that fit too the bones when it comes to length and they have 2 different girth sizes for all lengths, I believe there's a fair bit of wiggle room in girth still and you could still go longer just at the risk of losing some ability to paint perfectly to the bones.

At the moment there's just soft versions that are not bound to any penis bones and just treated like an extension of the pelvis, I believe someone with the right know how could probably make 1 version that has both hard and soft in different material states all fully bound to the bones but thus far nobody has made it like this. I think also it works better with WW functions to have the hard and soft versions separate. 

I'm not sure how to do the seams, in my own tests I stitched all the seams and apparently this is not good when the area is stretched so probably want to do some research on those if you want it to be high quality.

Hullo to you, drdonger! welcome to the community~

it'd be great to see some new creative content on here! also i think some bad dragon dicks would be fantastic!

im no expert by any means, but heres my two cents
In the sims 4, most modded sex is run through WickedWhims (WW) so make sure to download that: https://wickedwhimsmod.com/

You'll have to create a custom CAS part (CAS = create a sim. Basically its just being in edit mode of your sim). Heres the official tutorial: https://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post/179548231676/support-for-custom-cas-parts

I'd suggest using blender and using the WickedWhims base model rig for your penis model. When you've created your custom CAS part you'll then need to import it into WickedWhims for it to be functional in the sims 4. Its supposedly very complicated and i dont know enough about it so heres the WW tutorial page for you to check out for yourself: https://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post/145448014836/tutorials

When in game, WW has a "body selector" option which is how to change a sims penis, its from there that you should see your new dragon peen! 

thats about all the help i can offer...sorry ?
but i'm very much looking forward to what you create in the future!

if penis replacing turns out to be too complicated, might i suggest maybe monster cock dildos? for that all you'd have to do is create an object in Sims 4 Studio. just a thought ?
good luck to you, drdonger!

• 2 years later...

Hello again everybody! I never got around to looking into making new dick content like I wanted to because I ended up too busy with my 3d job that unfortunately doesnt involve modeling cocks all day

But I've just had some renewed interested in giving this a shot! So I'm coming back to say, thank you everyone for your extremely helpful replies here from two years ago, I appreciate them a lot and now I'm appreciating them from an actual technical useful pov as I'm going to get started attempting to make some dicks! I assume quoting sends a message that you've been quoted so, if you do see this response, thank you!

I've gotten stuck into sculpting up a quick rough normal human penis for some practice. I'm a fan of meaty dicks and I find myself wishing there were some more girthy cocks available, so maybe I'll start my practicing by making a set based off this wip sculpt. Will probably be good practice for figuring out how to do girth alright when it comes to animations.

I've got a couple of additional questions, just to fill in the gaps of what I've read so far:

1) Do people often make normal maps for penises? Seems like the ones I've extracted and opened dont include them, I'm a handpainted textures kind of 3d artist so thats fine for me because my knowledge of normal mapping and baking is vague, lol, but wanted to double check. I would be interested in doing a spec map too, is that possible?

2) And secondly, everyone advised that I extract the WW default penis for reference, and I'm a little confused with how to do this and how to probably get Azmodan's penis rig set up.

I've put the WW Tuning file in my S4S folder, but I don't see a default penis package anywhere, and the WW files that show up in S4S are blank icons all named 'Turbodriver WW Tuning.' I can see that some of these files contain meshes and textures (nipples, vaginas) but I have no clue which one I should be opening for penises. Is there a specific download somewhere, or has this been phased out? Azmodan's rigging tutorial goes into a lot of detail about rigging the verts to the bones but not much on how you're actually supposed to set up the rig file in the beginning (overwriting and saving it). The tutorial says 'Overwrite the file that comes with WW with this one' but I'm not sure which file I should be even looking for. I'm not sure if the rigging tutorial may be out of date, or the info about opening the WW dick file out of date? WW has updated a lot since 2019.

Basically I'm fine with rigging the dick, but I'm not sure how I should be using that rig file blend in combination with my penis mesh. Do I just add my penis mesh to the rig blend, delete the example penis, weight my cock to the bones, and save that out as my own new package file?

3) Oh actually, one final question: how are textures and skintones handled? I know some dick mods come with tattoos you can use, others seem to just naturally Work. Can I just texture it in greyscale and it'll match selected skintones in game?

On 6/19/2019 at 6:00 AM, nastygemini said:

On 6/13/2019 at 8:44 PM, Simite said:

On 6/10/2019 at 12:43 PM, MiniGiles said:

On 6/9/2019 at 7:05 PM, heartbeatsandbrainwaves said:

dicktestwip1.png

On 8/12/2021 at 2:03 PM, drdonger said:

Hello again everybody! I never got around to looking into making new dick content like I wanted to because I ended up too busy with my 3d job that unfortunately doesnt involve modeling cocks all day

But I've just had some renewed interested in giving this a shot! So I'm coming back to say, thank you everyone for your extremely helpful replies here from two years ago, I appreciate them a lot and now I'm appreciating them from an actual technical useful pov as I'm going to get started attempting to make some dicks! I assume quoting sends a message that you've been quoted so, if you do see this response, thank you!

I've gotten stuck into sculpting up a quick rough normal human penis for some practice. I'm a fan of meaty dicks and I find myself wishing there were some more girthy cocks available, so maybe I'll start my practicing by making a set based off this wip sculpt. Will probably be good practice for figuring out how to do girth alright when it comes to animations.

I've got a couple of additional questions, just to fill in the gaps of what I've read so far:

1) Do people often make normal maps for penises? Seems like the ones I've extracted and opened dont include them, I'm a handpainted textures kind of 3d artist so thats fine for me because my knowledge of normal mapping and baking is vague, lol, but wanted to double check. I would be interested in doing a spec map too, is that possible?

2) And secondly, everyone advised that I extract the WW default penis for reference, and I'm a little confused with how to do this and how to probably get Azmodan's penis rig set up.

I've put the WW Tuning file in my S4S folder, but I don't see a default penis package anywhere, and the WW files that show up in S4S are blank icons all named 'Turbodriver WW Tuning.' I can see that some of these files contain meshes and textures (nipples, vaginas) but I have no clue which one I should be opening for penises. Is there a specific download somewhere, or has this been phased out? Azmodan's rigging tutorial goes into a lot of detail about rigging the verts to the bones but not much on how you're actually supposed to set up the rig file in the beginning (overwriting and saving it). The tutorial says 'Overwrite the file that comes with WW with this one' but I'm not sure which file I should be even looking for. I'm not sure if the rigging tutorial may be out of date, or the info about opening the WW dick file out of date? WW has updated a lot since 2019.

Basically I'm fine with rigging the dick, but I'm not sure how I should be using that rig file blend in combination with my penis mesh. Do I just add my penis mesh to the rig blend, delete the example penis, weight my cock to the bones, and save that out as my own new package file?

3) Oh actually, one final question: how are textures and skintones handled? I know some dick mods come with tattoos you can use, others seem to just naturally Work. Can I just texture it in greyscale and it'll match selected skintones in game?

dicktestwip1.png

it seems the penis you’re trying to make is not attached to the bottom. You need to smooth the pubis area and attach it.

take example from a simdulgence’s penis instead of what others suggested to you. Click on « my project » and select the .package from a simdulgence file. However it’s probably a merged file so you have to unmerge it using s4studio. 

on s4studio : content management —> un-merge package. Then click the package you want to unmerge and where you want the unmerged folder.

then my project —> unmerged folder —> package  with the penis mesh on it. Then export the mesh as .blend. 

Keep in mind that S4studio can’t open file from blender 2.8/2.9+ so you have to go with 2.7X to import/export mesh with S4studio.

if you need more help with your penis, we can discuss further in dm. I can help you while I’m trying to fix an animation I’m doing. Also I animate with big penises mostly so I know how the mesh should looks like for the animations. I also modified penises and added bones to butt/throat/belly so I know what I’m talking about.

edit : the penises you should take example are from there 

https://simdulgence.newtumbl.com/

they are called simplegens.

A penis is tied to a bottom so if you create penis, you are creating a bottom mesh. So you should also add a butthole. But the simplegens from simdulgence already have those so you can take example.

Edited by Khlas