HELP! Kinkyworld is stuck/acting weird!

So for some reason OUT OF NOWHERE my sims are stuck while performing a woohoo action. But that's not the only thing, when I select an animation on (let's say the bed) it gives the bubble of I'm going to do that but within 1 second it dissapears. 

I have no idea what going on but it is very frustrating as it worked just fine a few hours ago (and nothing has changed, no mods/cc added) 

Please help. 

15589086418608880552487150376212.jpg

3 hours ago, Armiora said:

Please help.

hey, Armiora,

i no longer play KW; from what i've seen here though, there are plenty of people getting several types of errors when using the latest versions of Oniki's Kinky World. however, since you assert the game worked fine but began acting weird after a while, it might be an issue associated with TS3's caches. if you don't know neither how to clear/delete them nor which files you should clear, read this article published on the Sims Wiki; it explains thoroughly how to do it.
furthermore: for any KW specific issue, @FreakyRufus is the person to ask.

hope you get your game back to work.

cheers.

12 hours ago, ZenBuddhist said:

hey, Armiora,

i no longer play KW; from what i've seen here though, there are plenty of people getting several types of errors when using the latest versions of Oniki's Kinky World. however, since you assert the game worked fine but began acting weird after a while, it might be an issue associated with TS3's caches. if you don't know neither how to clear/delete them nor which files you should clear, read this article published on the Sims Wiki; it explains thoroughly how to do it.
furthermore: for any KW specific issue, @FreakyRufus is the person to ask.

hope you get your game back to work.

cheers.

Hey ZenBuddist, 

Thanks for trying to help me. Sadly deleting the cache didn't work. It seemed to work fine with 399 ver. So I guess I'll try and see if that one works because 400 ver is still stuck. :( I'll msg FreakyRufus and see if he can help me. 

@Armiora, I can try to help you. I have not used build 400, so if there is an issue specific to that build, I haven't had any experience with it.

A couple of questions:

- Is the only difference between when it was working with 399 and stopped working with 400 the version of KW? Did you install any new animations or update the versions of any animations? Install/update/remove any other mods or custom content?

- Do you have older save games with version 399 that you could go back to and experiment with?

- It sounds like things were working on 400 and then stopped working. Do you have any saved games from before the problems started?

I have (in the far past) had a game get into a weird state, and the only thing that I could do to get out of it was to reload an old save made from before the problem started. Saving and restarting/reloading after the problem occurred did not fix the issue. NRaas Master Controller's Town level "Reset Everything" did not fix things. I could only go back to before the game state got corrupted.

So, things I recommend trying:

- use NRaas Master Controller to reset everything. Sometimes this can fix issues. Although, if the problem is a corrupted state of something that is KW specific, resetting stuff with MC won't fix it.

- reload from an older saved game made after upgrading to 400, but before the problem started. Save as a new version.

- reload from a save from before upgrading to 400, save that as a new save game, update the new save to 400, and see if that fixes your issue

Things in general that I recommend doing:

- keep multiple saved games. You don't have to keep every time you save, but I recommend keeping at least a few around, and especially keep a save from before you make changes to your mods, at least until you find out the updates don't break stuff.

- always clear your caches before you launch the game. This can make the first time you bring up CAS or go to Buy mode take a little longer, as it has to rebuild caches, but it makes startup of the game a little faster. Not clearing the cache when you have changed mods or even deleted a mod can cause the game to behave strangely. I posted a script to make clearing caches out a painless process here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/43249-sims3wip-kinkyworld-v037-updated-may-3rd-2019/?do=findComment&comment=1903560

- Periodically, about once per sim week, I like to use Master Controller to reset everything in town. This can unstick stuff that is stuck, which causes the game to slow down, as it has to keep processing whatever script is running the stuck sim or item. Beware that resetting everything on worlds that have World Adventure tombs or puzzles, or on worlds with Island Adventure dive lots will reset all those opened/solved items back to their unopened states. For me, that is worth the speedup my game gets after fixing all the other stuff that is stuck.

4 minutes ago, FreakyRufus said:

@Armiora, I can try to help you. I have not used build 400, so if there is an issue specific to that build, I haven't had any experience with it.

A couple of questions:

- Is the only difference between when it was working with 399 and stopped working with 400 the version of KW? Did you install any new animations or update the versions of any animations? Install/update/remove any other mods or custom content?

- Do you have older save games with version 399 that you could go back to and experiment with?

- It sounds like things were working on 400 and then stopped working. Do you have any saved games from before the problems started?

I have (in the far past) had a game get into a weird state, and the only thing that I could do to get out of it was to reload an old save made from before the problem started. Saving and restarting/reloading after the problem occurred did not fix the issue. NRaas Master Controller's Town level "Reset Everything" did not fix things. I could only go back to before the game state got corrupted.

So, things I recommend trying:

- use NRaas Master Controller to reset everything. Sometimes this can fix issues. Although, if the problem is a corrupted state of something that is KW specific, resetting stuff with MC won't fix it.

- reload from an older saved game made after upgrading to 400, but before the problem started. Save as a new version.

- reload from a save from before upgrading to 400, save that as a new save game, update the new save to 400, and see if that fixes your issue

Things in general that I recommend doing:

- keep multiple saved games. You don't have to keep every time you save, but I recommend keeping at least a few around, and especially keep a save from before you make changes to your mods, at least until you find out the updates don't break stuff.

- always clear your caches before you launch the game. This can make the first time you bring up CAS or go to Buy mode take a little longer, as it has to rebuild caches, but it makes startup of the game a little faster. Not clearing the cache when you have changed mods or even deleted a mod can cause the game to behave strangely. I posted a script to make clearing caches out a painless process here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/43249-sims3wip-kinkyworld-v037-updated-may-3rd-2019/?do=findComment&comment=1903560

- Periodically, about once per sim week, I like to use Master Controller to reset everything in town. This can unstick stuff that is stuck, which causes the game to slow down, as it has to keep processing whatever script is running the stuck sim or item. Beware that resetting everything on worlds that have World Adventure tombs or puzzles, or on worlds with Island Adventure dive lots will reset all those opened/solved items back to their unopened states. For me, that is worth the speedup my game gets after fixing all the other stuff that is stuck.

Thank you for trying to help me, to answer your questions:

- I just returned to Sims 3 after a year of not playing and updated my KW to 399 a few days ago. It seemed to be working fine even though I didn't do a whole lot of animations yet then. I updated KW to 400 yesterday and it worked fine, I played in Bridgeport for a few hours and than the problems started: a got a notification of 'fertile sims' and kept getting pop-ups of rapes (I had it enabled but they kept coming) I clicked one rape notification and the area around the sims loaded, the animation played for a few seconds and then suddenly they did the stuff in my picture.

I have only 1 played save as I started with a fresh Sims 3 folder when I returned, so I can't experiment with an earlier save, neither do I have a save from before the problem started.

The things I've tried now: removed my sims 3 folders to somewhere else, started the game up so that it would create a new Sims 3 folder, placed KW into the folder and some CC but the problem still persisted. I even started multiple clean saves and tried the woohoo actions with maxis sims (I thought it may be my CC causing this but nope, the problem still there.)

I'll try NRaas MC and see how it goes, I'll also make another clean Sims 3 folder and start without any CC even though I think it won't help as it worked fine beforehand with my 3GBish~ CC installed.

@FreakyRufus I was afraid of this but I really think it's KW itself or my game is broken beyond repair (I've already repaired it through Origin) I've used the reset feature on MC and nothing so I decided to create a completely clean game with a new sims 3 folder with no CC except KW, cmar and the animations.

I'm out of options really. 

1 hour ago, FreakyRufus said:

Periodically, about once per sim week, I like to use Master Controller to reset everything in town.

it's a good safe measure, Rufus; i do that as well and before i access CAS through NRaas' MC.
one thing i've been learning after having played i don't know how many (thousands of) hours of TS3: to use NRaas MC functions for everything — even when there's a TCE (TestingCheatsEnabled) similar counterpart. because TCE is essentially a series of debug functions, it handles one event while (most of the time) leaving the others untouched, even if the latter are dependencies. NRaas' MC, on the other hand, was conceived to work on the whole.
the more i get to know Twallan's work, the more impressed i get.

cheers, mate.

I am currently playing with build 394. I can only recommend trying an older version. Even though some of the older versions have known issues, most of those are not things that break your game, they are just annoyances that can be worked around.

Unfortunately, I don't have any special insight into the code itself, and can only tell you my experiences in playing the game with the mod. I also have some skill in systematic debugging to try and find the root of issues, which is basically make one change at a time and mark down what you changed, then see if that fixes or introduces the issue, then keep going until you narrow it down.

Archived