Morrowind Romance Mod item duplication

briancs159

My question is this: Why would adding an enchantment to a piece of clothing cause the piece of clothing to duplicate at certain times?

Since there is no Morrowind section I have no idea where to put this so forgive me if this needs to be moved. I've been messing around with the Romance Mod for Morrowind lately and have run into a problem that I can't explain. I don't have much in the terms of modding skills but I'm good enough at messing around with existing mods to suit my own needs.

I'm specifically focusing on the pregnancy aspect of the mod. The mod operates by having a different shirt for each month of pregnancy. Each model gets bigger than the last. When you progress a month it removes the current size shirt and adds the new shirt for your new month automatically through scripts.

I wanted to make it more realistic by adding drain enchantments and such to the pregnant body clothing. Each month's clothing, the drain enchantments would get a little more severe. I got that working just fine.

My problem is that when ever the time comes for my PC to go from one month to another month my "maternal blouse" that has my enchantments duplicates in my inventory. 1 turns into 2 and 2 turns into 5. I know it has something to do with the enchantments cause I retraced my steps and ran the mod after each change on the same save file. The problem only occurs after I add the enchantments to the shirt. I don't even have to be wearing it for it to duplicate.

So I'm stumped, why would an enchantment cause the piece of clothing to duplicate?

The script removes the old shirt from your inventory using the player->RemoveItem command. All the shirts have different ID's but are called the same thing so normally the only way to tell that anything has changed in the game is to look at your character in third person. The script removes the old shirt just fine with no problems before I added the enchantment. I don't enchant in game by the way, I do it in the CS.

When I added the enchantment to the shirt using the construction set i kept the ID and name the same. Would that still alter how the scripts handle the item?

The script removes the old shirt from your inventory using the player->RemoveItem command. All the shirts have different ID's but are called the same thing so normally the only way to tell that anything has changed in the game is to look at your character in third person. The script removes the old shirt just fine with no problems before I added the enchantment. I don't enchant in game by the way' date=' I do it in the CS.

When I added the enchantment to the shirt using the construction set i kept the ID and name the same. Would that still alter how the scripts handle the item?

[/quote']

Boy, I really don't remember how morrowwind worked. I do know that enchantments can tend to complicate the heck out of things. Have you tried things without the enchantments to see if they work correctly? If they do then I suspect that somehow the game is changing perhaps the refid or something and this is the problem.

It is just too long ago for me to remember the differences for the morrowind CS.

Yeah everything works fine without the enchantments. I then exit the game then add the enchantments using the CS to each of the shirts. I reload my save file, wait a day, and I find 2 shirts in my inventory when I had only 1. I exit and then only thing I do is remove the enchantments from the shirts. I reload the same save file, wait a day, and I only have 1 shirt. The script is removing the shirt by it's ID that you set yourself in the CS. The only thing I do is add an enchantment.

Now the adding of the new shirt and the removing of the old is handled by 2 different scripts so the only thing I can think of is that somehow the script to add the new shirt is running more than once.

Yeah I started a new game and didn't see it so the script seems to be doubling some how. The mod author also uses a bunch of different scripts with a bunch of different variables so I might have saved a screwed up variable somehow with my tinkering.

I got around all of this by creating my own set of Pregnancy effect accessories for each month of pregnancy. I created a global script that only runs when pregnant which forces my character to wear the appropriate accessory during that month of pregnancy. I lose an equippable slot but I get the drains I want. I don't add any variables and I only use 1 script. I've tested it and I don't get any duplications, and the appropriate accessory gets added, equipped, and then removed at the correct time with no problems. So far it seems like everything is working with no problems at the moment but time will tell.

Thanks anyway for your advice!

Archived