[AAF] RSE II: Random Shenanigans (01/10/20)

Hey, Flashy.

I look forward to every next RSE II mod.
I try now to test Shenanigans for a maximum.
But I haven't had any luck with the threesome approach yet. Maybe soon.
Otherwise, everything works fine. I did not notice any serious problems.
And thank you for taking the time and returning to work on this project.

This mod requires Lover's Lab FP Community Patch, the Lover's Lab FP Community Patch requires Four-Play, Four-Play conflicts with the AAF Compatibility patches V3.0, Guess this means i can't use this mod? or is there a work around it?

5 hours ago, blue1820 said:

This mod requires Lover's Lab FP Community Patch, the Lover's Lab FP Community Patch requires Four-Play, Four-Play conflicts with the AAF Compatibility patches V3.0, Guess this means i can't use this mod? or is there a work around it?

You are thinking about the FourPlay patch that Vinfamy made to update the original FP, which is something else altogether. What you need is this:

This is an F4SE plugin (.DLL) - there is no esp to it, there is no dependency on fourplay.

So... this means this mod will work for you after all, as does AAF because AAF requires this as well. Be sure you download the latest file, which as of writing this post is named: LLFP-v31-20190315.7z.

And for the record, its technically only the RSEII_Resource.esm that requires this to be installed - but since this mod need the resources.esm, you see the trail, right? :)

EDIT: The download page has been updated with links to the required files to prevent this confusion in the future.

6 hours ago, blue1820 said:

Amazing news, thanks bunches for the information and the excellent work on all the  R S E releases.

Thanks! Just wait until the next one! It's going to be ... dare I say it? ... radically different to what everyone knows about Combat Surrender and Abductions. I mean, the mechanisms will be the same, sure, but the way it handles everything is different enough to make it feel new.

3 minutes ago, GoldenRain said:

Question about the threesome.  Does gay/lesbian chances affect that?  Since 3 is an odd number one would assume that it would be either 2 guys and one girl or 2 girls and one guy.

It doesn't care about that. The gay/lesbian chances are only for finding npcs. If they ask you to join, it's not about chances in the MCM, it's about your choice to accept or not.

I am using Vortex, which asks whether to load AAF beta 73 before or after LLFP-v31-20190315? Because there are 2 conflicting files 

In both cases, even if you set the chances of 100%, nothing happens. RSE Elements Vol.5 - Random Shenanigans (v4.0) work well.

sheningan.jpg

7 hours ago, bogdanor said:

I am using Vortex, which asks whether to load AAF beta 73 before or after LLFP-v31-20190315? Because there are 2 conflicting files 

In both cases, even if you set the chances of 100%, nothing happens. RSE Elements Vol.5 - Random Shenanigans (v4.0) work well.

sheningan.jpg

1. It is possible that some other mod is interfering with the NPC selection process - I can't say it definitely is, I can't say it isn't - but it is possible.

2. NPC Approacher Ignores Player Detection - turn it to ON.

3. NPC Receiver Ignores Player Detection - turn it to ON.

4. NPC Scan distance - crank that fucker up to 3000 or so. 1000 is just WAY too close.

5. Daytime Chances - set this to 100%

6. Cluster your NPCs, like farming - 3 or 4 of them in the same area.

7. Enable Shenanigans and sit back and wait for like 2-4 minutes. You will get results.

8. For now, custom races are not supported - a later version will add such support. So if using a custom race for NPCs, this will cause it to not work.

9. The above is the sure-fire, 100%, testing setup for the mod, any modification to the above makes it more random and less likely to happen.

5 hours ago, D_ManXX2 said:

Was wondering how different is this version comparred to the older version ? i never had any problem playing with the older version before. Is this less script heavy or why is the other discontinued ?

It is the same as you are used to from RSE 4.0 and also in RSE Elements Vol.5, before I started adding in all of the arousal and relationship mess. Except now, it's so much fucking better and more dynamic (random = less likely to happen = more realistic). Plus, reading front page would have shown that single NPC masturbation is in here as is the all-new threesome approach, where the two NPCs may just ask you to join them for a threesome, if the chances (dice roll) are good and you are within like 800 game units of them when they start talking. Again, random, not too likely to happen, like 15% of the time. Masturbation events are 5% of the time.

Update:

I will be pushing out another update to this mod later this evening to address the fact that the quest pip doesn't go away on the NPC approacher's head when the Shenanigan has concluded.

35 minutes ago, chinbobble said:

doing a completely fresh install again since rse development is back at a flying pace... quick question no idea if its possible. but can we change / modify anything to colorize quest pip so its distinctive to a certain mod. I would love to be able to determine if its rse or mcg calling on an interaction and a visual clue seems the most intuitive to me as a player to report any issues at least whlst these two mods are in active development... obviously later when they are both final release then itd be somewhat more immersive to not know what is about to happen but yup for now itd be coo to know which mod was making thee call in case of any bugs

Sadly, you cannot. There are two colors - green for 'neutral' quest pips, and red for 'hostile' quest pips. And there is no way to change those on the fly via scripting.

Just now, chinbobble said:

no worries dude i think I saw you said shenanigans wont announce anymore whereas mcg does. even if I got that wrong I guess I can turn notifications for rse on and mcg off or vice versa that should make it possible to track which mod is callingthe interaction

In the past, Shenanigans used to have a text message on screen that said, "I can hear someone fucking nearby..." - it doesnt do that anymore. But the quest pip does appear on top of the approacher NPC, just for those that want to chase the scene down to watch it.

9 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

1. It is possible that some other mod is interfering with the NPC selection process - I can't say it definitely is, I can't say it isn't - but it is possible.

4. NPC Scan distance - crank that fucker up to 3000 or so. 1000 is just WAY too close.

7. Enable Shenanigans and sit back and wait for like 2-4 minutes. You will get results.

8. For now, custom races are not supported - a later version will add such support. So if using a custom race for NPCs, this will cause it to not work.

9. The above is the sure-fire, 100%, testing setup for the mod, any modification to the above makes it more random and less likely to happen.

It is the same as you are used to from RSE 4.0 and also in RSE Elements Vol.5, before I started adding in all of the arousal and relationship mess. Except now, it's so much fucking better and more dynamic (random = less likely to happen = more realistic). Plus, reading front page would have shown that single NPC masturbation is in here as is the all-new threesome approach, where the two NPCs may just ask you to join them for a threesome, if the chances (dice roll) are good and you are within like 800 game units of them when they start talking. Again, random, not too likely to happen, like 15% of the time. Masturbation events are 5% of the time.

Update:

I will be pushing out another update to this mod later this evening to address the fact that the quest pip doesn't go away on the NPC approacher's head when the Shenanigan has concluded.

It does sound allot better wish i had a gaming pc so i could try it out. keep up the good work.

Are these the only requirement to play it now ? what happend to devious mod are these no longer requirement ? It does look allot more modular then it was was.

14 hours ago, bogdanor said:

It just does not happen, maybe because of Magno Cum Gaudio and his npc to npc interaction..

9 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Update:

8 hours ago, chinbobble said:

no worries dude i think I saw you said shenanigans wont announce anymore whereas mcg does. even if I got that wrong I guess I can turn notifications for rse on and mcg off or vice versa that should make it possible to track which mod is callingthe interaction

To everyone here a consideration: when i coded the 2.0 version of MCG the AAF autonomy mod (Flashy previous shenanigans mod) was into the suggested mods to complement MCG, but people were asking me where to find that mod because it was cancelled, so i coded the random npc npc sex feature into MCG, which is a very simple system that using a quest fills 6 aliases around the player, 3 females and 3 males and do some calculations for the sex that should happen with those actors based on your MCG settings. That system was not and it is not intended as a replacement for shenanigans but it was intended as a temporary solution until Flashy would have remade his mods. Well that moment is just here, so you can just deactivate MCG random npc npc sex and use Flashy mod instead, which is the more specific for this purpose!

Chinbobble, to differtiate between the two system, at this time mine give you some notifications like "settles is relieving some stress" or "settler is having an affair with settler" etc...but scenes started by MCG are not tracked with a quest objective like Flashy one, so you can use the flashy quest objective for random shenanigans to see the scenes started by his mod, imho with flashy mod that does this specific thing you should just deactivate MCG one and use his one instead.

Bogdanor, i see that's improbable, unless you installed MCG loose files, because MCG choose npcs using aliases and don't reserve references but it could be possible that while MCG choose some actors and start the action Random shenanigans happen to choose the same actors in the same time and at that point it's just a matter of what mod start it first, but if you disable MCG npc random sex system this should not be an issue, at least not because of MCG.

v1.3 Now Available

This update adds further tweaks to scripting to alleviate outstanding issues with quest pips. It also changes the in-script race checks to allow for an array of races. In this way, someone with a custom race could technically make a patch between this mod and the mod for the custom races, adding said race to the script property.

To add a custom race (because now you can!):

1. Create a patch mod that masters the custom race mod to RSE_II_RandomShenanigans.esp
  2. Add new race conditions to the RSEII_Mod_RS_Alias Reference Aliases called NPCOne and NPCTwo.
  3. That condition should be GetIsRace == {your custom race} == 1.00, as an OR condition. Just follow what I've done in there - you'll be fine.
  4. Just make sure your custom race check is ABOVE the last of my race check conditions as that one is the AND condition (meaning the end of the race list).
  5. Go to the RSEII_Mod_RS_Main quest and look at the script properties for RACES called AllowableRaces.
  6. Simply add your custom race to that list.
  7. Save your new patch mod.
  8. Play the game with your custom race now allowable within the Random Shenanigans going on around you.
On 5/17/2019 at 1:43 AM, fobbadabalaba said:

Does this new mod take into account when the player is in the middle of a dialogue with another  NPC?  I was just using your old mod and it kept grabbing the NPC I was talking to and bugging them out.

Each NPC that is polled has a condition in their refalias fill that says IsInScene == 0.00, meaning if they are in a running scene, aka dialogue, they will not be selected.

5 hours ago, Gmanfr said:

Heh ... I don't know at all how to do a patch

Open Shenangians in Fo4Edit. Add a masterfile to it, referencing the custom race mod. Save Shenanigans. Exit Fo4Edit.

Reopen FO4Edit, with Shenanigans selected - it will now load in with your custom race as a masterfile. And then, start adding new conditions to the aliases NPCOne and NPCTwo on the quest called RSEII_Mod_RS_Alias. And on the quest called RSEII_Mod_RS_Main, add the custom race to the script property called AllowableRaces. Save the mod again.

Test in game to be sure your custom race is now used in shenanigans. If so, you just patched the mod.

Or if you want to use the CK, on the DATA tab, where you select which mod to load, select Shenanigans and custom race mod. Make Shenanigans the active mod. Open them. Go into the Alias quest and add a GetIsRace == customraceyouwanttoadd == 1.00 as an OR condition. Do that on NPCOne and NPCTwo. And then open the MAIN quest and add the race to the script property array called AllowableRaces.

Save the mod. Then open in Fo4Edit and add the custom race mod as a masterfile. Save the mod and test ingame.

Note, I am not certain how AAF will handle custom races, meaning if the XMLs would need to be modified to allow a custom race. That part of it is outside of the scope of this mod / thread. Im sure you can easily find out in the AAF support thread or the discord server.

Its all relatively simple. Nothing complicated about it at all, regardless of which way you choose to do it. Or, if you want, you can ask someone else to make a patched shenanigans mod for that race. I wont do it myself, since I dont mess with custom races.

@Flashy (JoeR) Any chance AAF stats and/or aaf sex stats system will ever be integrated into this mod? They're frameworks that don't do anything on their own.  I just love the idea that my PC's daily lust meter hits a certain thresh hold and she just has to fuck with the closet non hostile NPC or if alone decides that now is probably a good time to go for a solo.  Long missions don't leave a lot of time for banging.