DMM Version in English

Just quickly asking if anyone know whether or not the DMM version will get proper dialogue/story translations, or if all we'll ever have is the somewhat broken UI translation that barely works anymore.

I'm well aware that the Steam version is in English, but I don't want to jump through the hoops to get it installed since it is region locked for me and I also don't want to risk an account ban since I have close to 200 games on my Steam account.

I like being able to play the game, but it kinda sucks that I have no clue what the girls are saying when they talk or what the actual story cut scenes are saying. Also really sucks that I have no idea what any of the item descriptions say, which I have no doubt is holding back my ability to optimize stats and builds. 

I'm honestly surprised that this game doesn't at least have a machine translation plug-in at this point since it looks like such a thing is possible through the modding tools that people have been using for a while now.

So if anyone has any info on anything that translates the game (I'd even be happy to have pictures to reference that translate what's going on and what things do). 

I'm honestly afraid of how many mistakes I've made on my DMM account due to having to guess and not actually knowing what things mean.

Any help, info, links, etc. are welcomed and would be heavily appreciated.

Thanks in advance, everyone. 

:)

First off I am pretty sure no one is going through the trouble to make an english patch for the japanese version when there is an actual english version.

Second: It may be nice to understand the girls for once, but is it really a game changer for you? Or wouldnt you just click "skip all" nontheless. I don't think the stories the girls tell are so good.

Yeah sure, optimizing the clothes with boosts would be nice, but everyone who played the game a bit or informed him/herself some texts or translated them via phone, you know the basics. And there really isnt much more to it than the basics. The whole interface is also quite easy to remember.

Besides the main reasons why most folks play this game certainly isnt because of the girls talking ;) wouldnt you agree, especially having this post in a this forum?

I, personally would like the context and would like to know exactly what the hell is happening. I wouldn't spam "skip all" if I could actually read what was being said. 

As far as the girls' stories not being that good, I guess I'll never know.

Sometimes its nice to actually have a little plot in your "plot". 

Guess I'll just keep spamming "skip all" since that's apparently what everyone else does. 

Still can't believe that nobody's translated this though....I mean we have obscure H-games that are fully translated to English, and something much more mainstream like this isn't?

When in Rome, just nod and look at boobies I suppose.

5 hours ago, Grimraven1 said:

1.I'm honestly surprised that this game doesn't at least have a machine translation plug-in at this point since it looks like such a thing is possible through the modding tools that people have been using for a while now.

2. I'm honestly afraid of how many mistakes I've made on my DMM account due to having to guess and not actually knowing what things mean.

1. I never tried to do it or messing around with it, but I'm convinced the text for episode is stored differently than visual assets as such trying to replace it need you to actually change the data files itself. That means violation of the term and risking yourself for ban if found out. It's more trouble than benefit, so I doubt someone has attempted this, but who knows.

2. Everything said in every single episode released so far is pretty much small talk without any important information related to any game aspect. Every gameplay information always explained at the start of event(picture below) or written in the notice. Though, it's true that you'll miss a lot of information storywise.  e.g. Fiona sucks at dancing, Tamaki loves groping, etc

Screenshot 2019-05-03 03.14.46.jpg

So, here's something funny. I bit the bullet and decided that I would give the Steam version a go (if nothing else, I can play it in order to read the dialogues and make sense of the character chapters and such.

Apparently, you can't have the DMM and Steam version of the game installed at the same time. Now anytime I try to launch the DMM version, the Steam version tries to load, while trying the direct .exe from the DMM install just gives an error now. 

^^^ See EDIT below.

And since I have actually spent money on the DMM version, I guess I'm locked into playing without knowing what's going on.

Unless there's a way to run both versions that I'm not aware of just yet. 

@Y_U_I 

Thanks for the info. I actually like those small bits of info about the characters. I find it funny and kinda cute that Fiona sucks at dancing. Sometimes, its the little things...

EDIT: So the way I found to play both versions is to use the launcher on the web page to run the DMM version and to use the desktop icon or the play button in Steam for the Steam version. I got lucky and decided to try it after not finding any info online, and it seems to work. So if anyone has issues, give that a try. Had I not stumbled onto that, I would still be having issues lol.

Well I can't deny that I would love to see an official english setting for the DMM version, but this isnt going to happen.

Not sure about the Steam and DMM version at the same time, but since the game is so time consuming I would suggest to do only one anyway.

16 minutes ago, knight77 said:

Well I can't deny that I would love to see an official english setting for the DMM version, but this isnt going to happen.

Not sure about the Steam and DMM version at the same time, but since the game is so time consuming I would suggest to do only one anyway.

I got things running (at least for now lol). I think I'll focus mainly on the DMM version for playing since I have time invested already, and I'll use the Steam version for the character stories and the translated dialogues.

It seems like that's the best option I have for proper English translation. I know that the story in games like this isn't the most robust thing in the world, but I still enjoy knowing what's being said and what's happening. Just the translated intro let's me know that apparently Zack suckered the player character into fixing up the island and left him in charge of dealing with the girls...which I never would have known or guessed without a translation. 

Next thing on the agenda is getting your mods back into my DMM version since your goodies are one of the things that makes stumbling through an untranslated game worth it. No clue how I have to approach modding the Steam version since it is essentially a rolled back version of the game (no doubt current DMM mods and the Steam version aren't compatible).

I have steam and DMM versions installed, for DMM, launch directly from the DMM client, you don't need the web page.
On the left side, under your user icon, there is a small controller icon, this is the game library. highlight venus vacation and click the orange bar.
Run the steam version by pressing play in steam, as Grimraven1 mentioned before.

9 hours ago, funtcase said:

I have steam and DMM versions installed, for DMM, launch directly from the DMM client, you don't need the web page.
On the left side, under your user icon, there is a small controller icon, this is the game library. highlight venus vacation and click the orange bar.
Run the steam version by pressing play in steam, as Grimraven1 mentioned before.

Big thanks for the tip about launching the DMM version. I never would have figured that out on my own.

Honestly, I think the Steam version of this kinda killed whatever interest there was for a translation project. Why take the risk, time, energy, etc. when the Steam version eventually will have it officially translated anyway? Only flaw is that you gotta wait a year or so given how behind the Steam version is, but I imagine a few people out there have been waiting that long to begin with. What's a bit more in comparison?

But yeah, I decided to make a 2nd account in the Steam version for similar reason. So I understand you. it may just be some small talk and banter, but I enjoy that, especially in a "slower" game like this where the atmosphere is more chill than the main games.  And hey, it gives me months to save up for Tamaki, I guess (I got 70K stones on the ENG version already).

@Grimraven1
Not sure if it relates or not, but i'm always trobled with some certain people that shamelessly dictate new girls(Misaki & friends) personality even though they can't even read japanese. Whenever I tried to explain, I was ignored most of the time & people choose to believe those certain people just because they're well known enough in their community.
I'm surprised when people think Luna is 'stupid weird girl', Fiona is 'delusional stalker', Nagisa is 'hateful bitch', etc. For a note, Luna is somewhat absent-minded scholar who came to investigate the island, Fiona is actual Princess who doesn't know how the world works(the stalker part isn't exactly wrong I guess, since she came to the island to meet owner), & Nagisa is pretty much the stereotype tsundere(I think the devs is trying to make some running gag for her where she always misunderstood a situation as something lewd before Misaki stepping in to explain what actually happen)

@raze2012

Translation is a bit sloppy occasionally, especially the narrative. Not fatal, but can be quite confusing since the owner never talk. I don't know if it's intentional or not though.

Good example from current event.

First event episode, after owner tell the story about mermaid.
DMM:
Kasumi - the rest (of the story) is after festival?
Marie - then, if the festival is successful, please continue, owner-san

Steam:
Kasumi - you want me to tell the rest after the festival?
Marie - all right if the festival is successful i'll finish the story for you

10 hours ago, Y_U_I said:

@Grimraven1
Not sure if it relates or not, but i'm always trobled with some certain people that shamelessly dictate new girls(Misaki & friends) personality even though they can't even read japanese. Whenever I tried to explain, I was ignored most of the time & people choose to believe those certain people just because they're well known enough in their community.
I'm surprised when people think Luna is 'stupid weird girl', Fiona is 'delusional stalker', Nagisa is 'hateful bitch', etc. For a note, Luna is somewhat absent-minded scholar who came to investigate the island, Fiona is actual Princess who doesn't know how the world works(the stalker part isn't exactly wrong I guess, since she came to the island to meet owner), & Nagisa is pretty much the stereotype tsundere(I think the devs is trying to make some running gag for her where she always misunderstood a situation as something lewd before Misaki stepping in to explain what actually happen)

@raze2012

Translation is a bit sloppy occasionally, especially the narrative. Not fatal, but can be quite confusing since the owner never talk. I don't know if it's intentional or not though.

DMM:

Steam:

I try not to ignore people who are nice enough to try and explain things, so let me give you a big "thanks" for taking the time to elaborate.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:59 PM, Y_U_I said:

@Grimraven1

@raze2012

DMM:

Steam:

Probably, google translate? ?

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2019 at 4:00 AM, funtcase said:

do the steam and DMM versions have the same content? all the same features? or is the DMM better with more complete features? I've read that with the initial release on steam they didn't add everything that was included in the DMM version but may add it all in time. I just recently downloaded it on steam(probably should've made a second account), but was just reading that they recently added an update to watch them shower/bathe, I haven't seen this in my game so far about 5 hours in, perhaps I just need to unlock it later, or was that update only for the DMM version? All I've really been able to do so far is watch them play volleyball, take pictures, give them different swimsuits and gifts, etc.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:45 AM, jimmywon34 said:

do the steam and DMM versions have the same content? all the same features? or is the DMM better with more complete features? I've read that with the initial release on steam they didn't add everything that was included in the DMM version but may add it all in time. I just recently downloaded it on steam(probably should've made a second account), but was just reading that they recently added an update to watch them shower/bathe, I haven't seen this in my game so far about 5 hours in, perhaps I just need to unlock it later, or was that update only for the DMM version? All I've really been able to do so far is watch them play volleyball, take pictures, give them different swimsuits and gifts, etc.

DMM version is better

6 hours ago, jimmywon34 said:

Dammit. I don't know a lick of Japanese. Even trying to install it would be a hassle since all the installation process is in Japanese as well.

If you have installed some programs on windows, you should know what to click, even if the language is different.

It's allways the same. Or use your phones and google translate.

But if you really got such a problem with the DMM version, go use STEAM! If you haven't played the DMM version since launch, it doesnt matter if you start now on DMM or STEAM. So for your well beeing, pick STEAM. Some mods from here might not work since the game changed some things of time, but they will work later when the STEAM version catches up with the DMM version. It's only about a year difference :P

2 hours ago, knight77 said:

If you have installed some programs on windows, you should know what to click, even if the language is different.

It's allways the same. Or use your phones and google translate.

But if you really got such a problem with the DMM version, go use STEAM! If you haven't played the DMM version since launch, it doesnt matter if you start now on DMM or STEAM. So for your well beeing, pick STEAM. Some mods from here might not work since the game changed some things of time, but they will work later when the STEAM version catches up with the DMM version. It's only about a year difference :P

yea i'm using the steam version right now. so what are the differences in terms of gameplay between them? that's what I was asking. am I missing out on certain gameplay features if i'm not playing on the DMM version? does the DMM version has more gameplay features? and if so will the steam version eventually have all the features that the DMM version has?

the other poster said it was better so I assume he means the DMM version has more stuff and features, but what do you think?

I heared in the STEAM version you werent able to poke the girls, but that it was added later now.

But other than that the steam version is a year behind in content, but thats because they need to translate everything, but it will get everything the DMM version got.

I dont play the STEAM version so I cant really compare....

Another thing I heard is that the FP consumption is higher in the STEAM version or something drops less, or that real money purchases are more expansive.

I would say you wont miss anything in the STEAM version. Only thing is that you will find mods and costumes here that you might have to wait another year for in order to get it.

5 hours ago, knight77 said:

I heared in the STEAM version you werent able to poke the girls, but that it was added later now.

But other than that the steam version is a year behind in content, but thats because they need to translate everything, but it will get everything the DMM version got.

I dont play the STEAM version so I cant really compare....

Another thing I heard is that the FP consumption is higher in the STEAM version or something drops less, or that real money purchases are more expansive.

I would say you wont miss anything in the STEAM version. Only thing is that you will find mods and costumes here that you might have to wait another year for in order to get it.

yea I can poke the girls.

alright, if they plan on adding everything from the DMM version to the steam version i'll just stick with steam thanks.

• 1 month later...

I notice that there are some things that aren't translated on the Steam version. Like the things the girls say on the pool or in the room. It's very cute what some girls say when you are changing their swimsuit or when you try to touch their hand for instance. I don't know if Steam is planning to sub these parts later or if they are already subbed but for some reason it doesn't show on my machine (if it's the latter please tell me). It really doesn't bother me since I have some basic knowledge of japanese and I can understand most of what my main girl says anyway, but I guess there are a lot of people that are missing this part of the game (and like someone said on this thread "it's the little things"). I thought I might as well give back to the community and help those people understand those parts if there are enough people interested. However I'm not planning to do a Mod or anything like that, because I don't know how to do that and I don't have the time to do it. I was thinking people uploading videos on youtube pointing the parts they want to understand, and I will do my best to translate them, but I'm open for a better idea.

Also, keep in mind that my japanese is far from perfect, so I may not understand everything a girl is saying (or even nothing at all at worst). For instance Nyotengu speaks in an old fashioned kind of japanese and Kasumi speaks in a polite way, so this characters may be harder to understand for me. On the other hand characters like Misaki or Marie Rose are easier to understand, since they talk more "normally". Help from people that is more proficient in japanese is more than welcome too.

Finally I won't be doing translation of scenes on DMM, since they will get translated sooner or later on Steam. I'm only willing to try to translate the parts on the Steam version that for some reason aren't subbed (unless is my machine playing pranks on me).

So yeah, my offer is far from perfect or even ideal, but is better than nothing, don't you think? So if people can bear with me and my offer is enough for them, then I'll be happy to try my best.

Tell me what you think.

Archived