Editing Lovers Extender.esp

In the readme for Lovers with PK Extender 2.4.3 (revised for .96) there are instructions for a fix for prematurely ending sex acts. I follow it to the best of my ability and, somehow, the mod seems to stop working (no initialize! message at the beginning, no hud).

Obviously, I'm doing something wrong: I open TESC+OBSE by running "obse_loader -editor", set the .esp as my active file (I get a bunch of warnings at this time saying there are various scripts shared with other lovers plugins), find the indicated script, edit it (it's just deleting a "=" sign), press the save (little disk button) in the script window and then save the .esp.

Can anyone point me what I'm doing that's causing this behavior?

Thanks much in advance.

When I hit the "recompile all" button I get a lot of begin/end errors in several lines (and also in several scripts, it seems) and the mod is still not working properly afterwards (I get a player not ready for sex error).

I know this is all probably quite noobish of my part, but please bear with me, thanks.

When I hit the "recompile all" button I get a lot of begin/end errors in several lines (and also in several scripts' date=' it seems) and the mod is still not working properly afterwards (I get a player not ready for sex error).

I know this is all probably quite noobish of my part, but please bear with me, thanks.

[/quote']

The "recompile all" button in the CS is broken. You can't use it as it adds every script from every dependent mod (including oblivion.esm).

In order to use the recompile all button you need to download and install CSE (construction set extender): http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/36370

Then you can hit the recompile all or just recompile that individual script.

NOTE: Use version 51 (it is at the bottom of the downloads page) as this version does not require you to update your OBSE to the beta one.

And if you have recompiled all into the esp' date=' you can fix that using Wrye Bash. Call up Wrye Bash and select the plugin you compiled all the scripts into, right click on it and choose decompile all, that should reverse the effect of a compile all in the CS.

[/quote']

That's very useful indeed! I still have so very much to learn about Wrye Bash as it seems so daunting, but it has helped me immensely the few times I had to whip it up. This won't be needed this time around as I backup compulsively nowadays, but be sure that this tip will stay with me far, thanks Slammer!

Archived