Request: need help with a mesh edit

I would like to remove / delete the "bottom" / rectangular "floor" from the vanilla raidercampcage01.nif (\Meshes\SetDressing\Habitat\), along with the floor's collision, so that objects can fall into / out from the cage through the bottom. Basically, making the cage open at the bottom. Not looking for anything fancy like a hinged bottom, just remove it entirely.

I was able to visually remove the floor in outfit studio (only just roughly, not happy with that result either), but there's nothing I can do in OS about collision

Thank you very much!

RaiderCampCage01.nif

4 hours ago, SAC said:

I would like to remove / delete the "bottom" / rectangular "floor" from the vanilla raidercampcage01.nif (\Meshes\SetDressing\Habitat\), along with the floor's collision, so that objects can fall into / out from the cage through the bottom. Basically, making the cage open at the bottom. Not looking for anything fancy like a hinged bottom, just remove it entirely.

I was able to visually remove the floor in outfit studio (only just roughly, not happy with that result either), but there's nothing I can do in OS about collision

Thank you very much!

RaiderCampCage01.nif 100.74 kB · 0 downloads

Have you tried loading it up in NifSkope and doing it in there. I know it has collision area but haven't done it myself.

7 hours ago, walkin said:

Have you tried loading it up in NifSkope and doing it in there. I know it has collision area but haven't done it myself.

Right, I should have mentioned nifskope: I have looked at the object in nifskope and there is only one mesh and one collision object, the panels are not separated so I could remove the bottom one. It needs to be edited in 3dmax or similar

6 hours ago, SAC said:

Right, I should have mentioned nifskope: I have looked at the object in nifskope and there is only one mesh and one collision object, the panels are not separated so I could remove the bottom one. It needs to be edited in 3dmax or similar

Well I was going to load it up in 3d max but its been a while and I cant remember how the heck I got around the "string too long" error bullshit. So it wont let me load any of my nif's

3 hours ago, walkin said:

Well I was going to load it up in 3d max but its been a while and I cant remember how the heck I got around the "string too long" error bullshit. So it wont let me load any of my nif's

Thank you! :) 

Archived