Making Sense of things, all in one place...

MasterAaran

Hey there All!

I've posted a few times around here. Anyway, I have some questions, that I'm going to throw out here for peoples to answer...

First, I've been looking through here, and noticed two mods that allow Child races, or that change the default child races. I know one is "Children of the Sky" I'm not sure what the name is. My question is this. I only want to get rid of the ridiculous default kids, so which mod will only replace them with the new ones? I don't want to change every NPC to a kid, only replace the children that are there...

Second, Of the MLA mods available: The original, XLV and the "New Mini Lovers Extended", which is the most stable/most playable? I've got the original installed right now, just wondered if either of the others are better.

And Thirdly, While browsing through the Fallout 3 section of the forums today, I ran across the mod 'sexus' for it... that mod contains bestiality in it... I'm wondering if anyone tried taking the animations and somehow converting them to skyrim, since there seems to be some interest in adding that. (This is coming from a newbie modder that's only ever changed a person's appearance and had a go with house modification...so I don't know much about animating...)

Thanks for any answers,

MasterAaran

Hey there All!

I've posted a few times around here. Anyway' date=' I have some questions, that I'm going to throw out here for peoples to answer...

First, I've been looking through here, and noticed two mods that allow Child races, or that change the default child races. I know one is "Children of the Sky" I'm not sure what the name is. My question is this. I only want to get rid of the ridiculous default kids, so which mod will only replace them with the new ones? I don't want to change every NPC to a kid, only replace the children that are there...

Second, Of the MLA mods available: The original, XLV and the "New Mini Lovers Extended", which is the most stable/most playable? I've got the original installed right now, just wondered if either of the others are better.

And Thirdly, While browsing through the Fallout 3 section of the forums today, I ran across the mod 'sexus' for it... that mod contains bestiality in it... I'm wondering if anyone tried taking the animations and somehow converting them to skyrim, since there seems to be some interest in adding that. (This is coming from a newbie modder that's only ever changed a person's appearance and had a go with house modification...so I don't know much about animating...)

Thanks for any answers,

MasterAaran

[/quote']

1) The other one is called xvision ( http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=8070&highlight=xvision ). It's actually not hosted here, but that thread has the link to the site there. I installed it recently for the same reason you said, replace the children with better looking models.

2) Personally prefer XLV right now, but the MLAX has lots of nice features. I just personally prefer a complete interface to set options rather than console bat files. I am definitely watching the progress WaxenFigure is making on it and will probably install after another update or 2. Since I'm not into the random rape in my game, XLV works fine for me right now (the newest version just add a rape spell that can be used in combat, so it is still growing). Just to note - mini-lovers is the original, then MLA, then MLAX (WaxenFigures mod). XLV is actually the newest version done by the original japanese author of mini-lovers. It appears he scrapped ML and decided to start again with XLV (same exact animations, just a new interface).

3) Not qualified to answer that question - never did any animation work.

Thanks a bunch for all the info!

For 1, I'll take a look at that mod and see if I can decide if I should use it or something different! Didn't even know it existed, so thanks!

For 2, I can see why you would like XLV over MLAX. When I said I have the original, I meant that I have MLA, not just Mini-Loves. Thanks for clarifying what the difference between XLV and MLA was, I wasn't exactly sure, especially since there was no difinitive guide as of yet. Does XLV require ML/MLA? or is it a standlone?

For 3, I'll keep waiting to see if anyone replies :P

XLV is completely standalone. The one thing you have to do though after downloading is move the 2 esps files manually to the data folder. For some reason the author put them each in a separate folder within the zipped folder. Not sure why, but simple to handle. I also took a look at the FNIS text file which has the animation mapping. It appears that the author is planning some new animations, some labeled as '3P' - I assume 3-ways. The animations are not in the package, I think it's just future development. Also, when you install, you'll see an option for "motion" in the dialogs. DO NOT CLICK. The animations are missing for that (and least the last time I checked they weren't there), so whoever you are talking to will get in the dreaded "T" pose and wander for a bit. Not sure why it's still there (been in since version 3) but again, DO NOT CLICK IT.

Archived