Elder of Scrolls : Dragonborn PC and PS3 Update

Guest Lady Luck

Guest Lady Luck

Skyrim's 'Dragonborn' DLC flies to PC, PS3 in 2013; on tap tomorrow for Xbox 360

Tomorrow Bethesda will release the Dragonborn DLC pack for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on Xbox 360. PS3 and PC players will unfortunately have to wait until the new year to try out this new content.

Dragonborn is set on the island of Solstheim, previously seen in Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind's expansion pack Bloodmoon. Players will battle Ash Spawn, Rieklings, and even the first Dragonborn. They'll acquire new equipment and powers along the way. You can get a closer look at the content by checking out the screenshots and trailer.

The past two DLC packs for Skyrim, Hearthfire and Dawnguard, were released on the Xbox 360 about a month before the PC. This is due to an exclusivity agreement between Bethesda and Microsoft. This agreement was only supposed to apply to two DLC packs, though, so it's surprising to see a staggered release for Dragonborn as well.

The PS3, meanwhile, hasn't received any DLC for the game yet. The company admitted earlier this year that they're having issues bringing the new content to that console. Bethesda's announcement of a 2013 release for Dragonborn on the PS3 suggests that they've figured out those problems. Perhaps this means the older DLC will finally come to the PS3 as well?

Skyrim_Dragonborn_49989.jpg

Bethesda noted on their blog that they've supported Skyrim more than any other game they've made. They also mentioned that they've got additional content on the way, with more details coming next year

Whatever, christmas DLC we can only have in the new year? Like hell. In januari I'm out of cash traditionally, which is reason one. Reason two is that in januari, other games will have my attention. Reason three is, that if Bethesda wants to suck to suck the willies of the console-crowd, they can go right ahead. I'll get the DLC on the summer blow-out on Steam. Their loss, not mine.

Eh, okay. So we have to wait til January to play a dlc that will take a couple hours to finish like Dawnguard was. Bleh, hopefully it has something fun and new in it worth the time and cash. (which I really doubt at this point) I personally want a pregnancy and death dlc with funerals and burials in it. Or a dlc where if you don't bathe, npc's get upset by your presence and you get nasty dirty body textures and green clouds out of the seat of your characters pants. Yeah.

Guest Lady Luck

lol just take it like this let xbox 360 milk drinkers enjoy their dlc , in january we gonna enjoy real update and some cool mods thats why pc owners is gonna have epic win this year.

Guest Lady Luck

And software companies wonder why piracy is so rampant' date=' lol.

[/quote']

amen to that

Posted by deathparade - Today 03:14 AM      (Yesterday 12:51 PM)javamonsoon Wrote:  they can go right ahead. I

LAWL u guys complained over a Dang released ok let me make you realized you see its worth to wait, because i heard its not from my own words and i didn't make this up , xbox 360 version had alot of bugs thats why they released it on xbox first see how that goes remember how dawnguard went its pretty sucks until i update 1.8 its start to work , the dlc that will come on pc only will have extended patch meaning 1.8.1 [beta update] which adds more fixes then ps3 and xbox 360 has savy?

so if we all getting this on january then we wait , while console gamers rage with fUUUU all day.

Guest Lady Luck

Actually Software and Music Companies know exactly why piracy is so rampant. If they hadn't given out the software on download-dot-com to do so' date=' none of them would still be in business. Now back on topic.

There's no real reason to get upset over who gets what and when, we knew about the exclusivity long ago. PC's are not going anywhere, they'll still be around long after the last console brick melts. Besides, isn't there an apocalypse happening in a few days ? LOL

[/quote']

Asia = Wednesday 12/12/12 5.00- 6.20 AM

America/N.America = Wednesday Midnight 12.00 - 1 AM 12/12/12

Europe = Wednesday Morning times 4.50 - 5.20 12/12/12

So Wednesday its mark of the end of days man cant wait.

my birthday is on 17 december XD dang

Life is shit right now in the financial world and as far employment is... so it may well be a blessing if everything just ends up going poof. But back on topic, I will get the dlc(if we don't blow up or what ever), but I am just not all giddy about it, idk my look on it is kind of strange I suppose.

Besides, wasn't it 12-21? As far as I know, 12-12-12 is just a number used by reli-fanatics. But whatever, they always promise us the end of the world and they never deliver. Kinda like software-companies do, really.

Remember the days when games like Emanuelle, Leather goddesses of Phobus and so on were big? We're talking pre-VGA PC here! PC games were set to become entertainment for a discerning crowd. All the headway (pun) the industry has been making has long since been reclaimed by prudes, moralists and other assorted sickos and what we're left with may be wholesome fun for the whole family, but man, is it boring.

Really, is no one bothered by the fact that if you brutally vanquish your foes, they don't bleed? That all toons are barbie and ken dolls and we have nerds going on about lore and shit and they overlook that their awesome dragonborn has no penis?

For me it isn't really about the belated release for the PC, it is that we're shat upon by the industry, that they decide what we're fit to see, that they decide what's fun for us to play and what's more, that they decide how we should frigging play it.

And we pay and say thank you industry.

We are the fools. It's about time we realise it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lady Luck

New Update :

30 Days Exclusivity Xbox Ended PS3/PC will enjoy Dragonborn DLC early 2013

he Skyrim Dragonborn downloadable content (DLC) which has been seen by many to be stillborn, does seem to have a fair shot at arriving on the PS3 platform sometime early next year, and this bit of information came from the folks over at Bethesda themselves. The game developer is said to be hard at work to deliver Dawnguard and Hearthfire to the PS3 platform, too. In fact, a day before the Skyrim Dragonborn DLC arrived for Xbox LIVE, Bethesda mentioned in an update on their official blog by dropping hints that the DLC’s release date for the PS3 is early next year.

Bethesda mentioned, “We’re also happy to announce Dragonborn will be available on PS3 and PC early next year.” Does this mean we could be looking at a January 2013 release date? After all, PS3 owners have waited long enough, don’t you think so, to deserve an earlier release. Ah well, all we need now is to expend our patience for a wee bit more.

What announcement ,dont you remember dawnguard it just came out of nowhere ,I believe it will be the same (dawnguard took 6 days ).

I also wanted to say a big FUCK YOU to microsoft for being more immature than a six year old not sharing it's toys. Do they really believe someone will buy their console for a shity dlc or even a game for that matter ,this thing with exclusives has gone too far if you ask me.

Guest Lady Luck

What announcement ' date='dont you remember dawnguard it just came out of nowhere ,I believe it will be the same (dawnguard took 6 days ).

I also wanted to say a big FUCK YOU to microsoft for being more immature than a six year old not sharing it's toys. Do they really believe someone will buy their console for a shity dlc or even a game for that matter ,this thing with exclusives has gone too far if you ask me.

[/quote']

its very obvious that microsoft is too retarded that elder scrolls originally belong to the pc console are pricks to take it away from all of us , bethesda remember pc gamers support your company first before any of these console shithead do.

Credit where credit is due, people. Bethesda LET Microsoft give them money, so Bethesda LET Microsoft have the DLC first. If Bethesda did not want this to happen, they could have easily said "No" to the money. They wanted the money, they (and we) paid the price. The one major benefit is that the 360 players got to beta-test the DLC for us PCs players.

Full Disclosure: I started playing Sk on the 360 (played Oblivion on it as well) and still would be playing it there today if the bug fixes on the 360 version came faster (PC was getting patches about a month before the 360 at that time - so the consolers didn't have it ALL better...) I traded in my 360 version for the PC version because of that and also finding the Unofficial Skyrim Patch on Nexus - haven't regretted it at all. Glad I finally decided to look into modding...

Guest Lady Luck

lol i said to so many people that pc version is REAL release of elder scroll series xbox and ps3 is like beta testing ground for them lmao i laugh so hard everytime people bought this shit on consoles because its waste of money if xbox allowed mods that means its not a toolbox for beta testers anymore but they still are lawl.

I don't have a problem with console gamers but let's be honest here. Even if they would allow mods for consoles (which they will never ever even consider) the shitty 6 year old hardware couldn't handle most of them anyway.

Actually the raw processing power of the 360 isn't bad. The problem is with the lame duck video built in. When I switched from the 360 to the PC, I could already see a difference in video quality, and that was without any hd textures. The next thing I added (after USKP) was the HD textures packs from bethesda. Talk about going from being blind to seeing colors for the first time. It was a startling transformation. And to let you know, that was using an ATI/AMD 4850 with 512mb memory...

... I'll let that sink in for a moment...

... which I still use. I tried updating the video card to something a little more current, but it failed miserably. Anyway, my underpowered (for Skyrim) video card kicked the 360's ass.

Guest Lady Luck

nooo wait for two weeks then we had the REAAALLL release trust me , if we all get it now we ended up in regretting with bugs!! patient is virtue...

Archived