[AAF] RSE Elements Vol.3 - Karma System feat. Stalkers, Bounty Hunters and Imprisonment (03-20-19)

Elements3.jpg.e2145400253f9046cd943ce729098385.jpg

NOTE:

This mod no longer has a download page! The mod has been depreciated and can be found in this repository.

RSE Elements Vol.3 - Karma System featuring Bounty Hunters

This is a consolidation of RSE Elements Vol.3 into a unified mod. This now requires Devious Devices as well as Roggvir's DD Item's Manager. You will also need the MCM mod installed.

This mod adds a simplified karma system to the game that uses game stats to increase or decrease a karma value. Other RSE Elements mods can also affect Karma, so consider this mod an important cornerstone to the RSE Elements biosphere. Without it installed, you may notice issues arise in the others than cannot be resolved and appear as bugs.

Your karma can affect things such as stalkers appearing and following you around - potentially accosting you or kidnapping you or your companion. You karma can also increase chances of bounties being placed upon you and having a group of bounty hunters start to track you throughout the game world. This mod also features a functional Diamond City jail where you can spend your sentence (3 game days), pay your fine, bribe the guard or entice them orally.

The MCM allows you to enable or disable the game stats that are tracked for the purposes of adjusting your karma standing.

Source code for the major quest-level scripts have been included for your perusal, learning or personal use modifications.

Note: This mod includes GrayUser's bondage animations. Thanks to him for allowing me to include them in the mod.

Compiled scripts have been validated to be AAF versions with Devious Device integration using Roggvir's DD Items Manager.

Source code for the major quest level scripts has been included for your learning / personal usage. Source is undocumented and ranges between beginner and intermediate level. This includes the infamy API, the bounty hunter scripting, the jail scripting, stalker reference alias script and the nudity handler scripting.

I'm really glad you didnt abandon Fo4 modding, your stuff is no doubt the best thing about playing this game. I hope you'll forgive a possibly stupid question, but what are bounty hunters actually supposed to do when my char submits to them? Until now I've usually just killed them all cause the few times I did submit nothing really bad happened. Once or twice they took my chems and consumables and that was it (other times nothing happened, which I blame on script lag. I do run Horizon, but the lag started getting bad until only recently after like 60 hours playtime when I added a single gun mod and Advanced Settlement power of which I used only 2 connectors for power - I have only like 80 esp's lol, mostly AAF stuff, 1/3 of what I run for Skyrim which runs better.... Fallout 4 is such a badly coded game). Seemed a bit underwhelming by the client to send 4 heavily armed mercs after someone just to chastise them "You've been a bad girl" and basically take her lunch money lol. Maybe teleporting the target in the middle of nowhere, naked and trussed up in DDs would be more of a punishment? :D

Further ideas for karma punishment:

- Forbidden entry into Diamond City until the player redeems because they don't tolerate scum like that?

- Raids by "good guys" on the player's settlements because to them the player is now akin to raiders, gunners and other scum?

- Too much bad karma making DC hostile?

- Settlers revolting and throwing the player out? Random horniness from drugs that has the player have sex with any living being that crosses their path?

- Interaction with Sexual Harassment where the drink the fan gives gives some bad effects instead (like visual stuff or temporary skill/special/health drops or is a date rape drug with player abandoned somewhere)?

- Traders don't trade with player anymore?

@user9120975435 - these are all great ideas and if/when I decide to add new features to the mod, I will certainly look at these as possibilities. :)

As to what Bounty Hunters do, their primary function is simply to track down the player and then two possibilities occur. One, you ignore them too long and combat initiates (this can also be triggered in dialogue). Two, via dialogue, you can surrender to them, at which point any number of outcomes are possible, ranging from theft of chem items, theft of healing items, theft of caps, kidnapping the companion, hogtying the player via the included bondage animations from GrayUser or to send the player to jail in Diamond City. Its all rudimentary and meant as a simplified penalization on the player to make your life a little more difficult.

This said, if you want to avoid bounty hunters spawning, you can always go visit the preacher in Diamond City for absolution, which zeros out all of your karma points, resetting you to how you were when you first exited the vault. Just be warned, lol, sometimes the preacher is a dirty preacher and will only absolve you for a sexual favor. ;)

Just as I side not, I did have to place those two Fragments you gave me for the Nudity dialogue check into my RSE3 scripts folder again, for the copulation, and Oral dialogue options to works again.  I do not understand why they make the difference, but they do..For Me

Edit >>>> user9120975435

not to sure what i think of this one " - Forbidden entry into Diamond City until the player redeems because they don't tolerate scum like that? "

I have my player home there, and many quests would be bothered by any action that majorly limited the players ability to enter certain area's.  I could see quite a few problems from that, but you know if and option to turn that off in MCM was there I suppose it could be and added roll play Idea.

7 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

@user9120975435 - these are all great ideas and if/when I decide to add new features to the mod, I will certainly look at these as possibilities. :)

As to what Bounty Hunters do, their primary function is simply to track down the player and then two possibilities occur. One, you ignore them too long and combat initiates (this can also be triggered in dialogue). Two, via dialogue, you can surrender to them, at which point any number of outcomes are possible, ranging from theft of chem items, theft of healing items, theft of caps, kidnapping the companion, hogtying the player via the included bondage animations from GrayUser or to send the player to jail in Diamond City. Its all rudimentary and meant as a simplified penalization on the player to make your life a little more difficult.

This said, if you want to avoid bounty hunters spawning, you can always go visit the preacher in Diamond City for absolution, which zeros out all of your karma points, resetting you to how you were when you first exited the vault. Just be warned, lol, sometimes the preacher is a dirty preacher and will only absolve you for a sexual favor. ;)

Okay, so my game isn't completely lagged out then, good to know. :)

Don't misunderstand me, I like the bounty hunters, just didn't know what the client told them to do to my character. ;-)

4 hours ago, galgat said:

Edit >>>> user9120975435

not to sure what i think of this one " - Forbidden entry into Diamond City until the player redeems because they don't tolerate scum like that? "

Damn, I forgot the preacher is IN the City, not somewhere else. xD Well, that sinks that idea.

38 minutes ago, supercaca said:

This is the one that has the random shenaningans?

No, that is Vol.5 - it will rerelease some time next week.

2 minutes ago, user9120975435 said:

Okay, so my game isn't completely lagged out then, good to know. :)

Don't misunderstand me, I like the bounty hunters, just didn't know what the client told them to do to my character. ?

It is never implicitly stated what the player has done to warrant a bounty being put on them. Its quite vague in that the bounty hunter leader will just say that you pissed someone off and they wanted a little payback. Thats where the randomized outcome will come into play. But no, there will never be a specific incident mentioned as to why you are being hunted.

4 hours ago, galgat said:

Just as I side not, I did have to place those two Fragments you gave me for the Nudity dialogue check into my RSE3 scripts folder again, for the copulation, and Oral dialogue options to works again.  I do not understand why they make the difference, but they do..For Me

Edit >>>> user9120975435

I have my player home there, and many quests would be bothered by any action that majorly limited the players ability to enter certain area's.  I could see quite a few problems from that, but you know if and option to turn that off in MCM was there I suppose it could be and added roll play Idea.

I have total belief in what you are reporting. I did however ensure the scripts were AAF fragments prior to uploading the mod, so this is again puzzling.

I wonder, can anyone else corroborate this fact - that nudity approach ORAL and SEX options do nothing once the dialogue ends? If so, I may have to have these two fragments put into the download as loose files because something wonky has to be going on within the BA2 - not that I can see how, but anything is possible where the CK is concerned.

2 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

I have total belief in what you are reporting. I did however ensure the scripts were AAF fragments prior to uploading the mod, so this is again puzzling.

I wonder, can anyone else corroborate this fact - that nudity approach ORAL and SEX options do nothing once the dialogue ends? If so, I may have to have these two fragments put into the download as loose files because something wonky has to be going on within the BA2 - not that I can see how, but anything is possible where the CK is concerned.

There are oral and sex options?  lol... well, if you mean the "go down on me" or "have sex"?  Yes, I get the speech checks for that.  And no, nothing happens.  I am trying to remember if I get the karma point for starting a fight.  I don't remember.  I do know that this approacher follows me and tries the speech check again... till I tell them to leave me alone.  It may have been in RSE where you got the karma point for saying "fuck off" because if I met a companion npc, not yet made a companion, if I said fuck off, they would blast me, put me in devious devices and take advantage of me.  But I don't recall anything so grand since RSE.

Hope this helps.

John

10 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

There are oral and sex options?  lol... well, if you mean the "go down on me" or "have sex"?  Yes, I get the speech checks for that.  And no, nothing happens.  I am trying to remember if I get the karma point for starting a fight.  I don't remember.  I do know that this approacher follows me and tries the speech check again... till I tell them to leave me alone.  It may have been in RSE where you got the karma point for saying "fuck off" because if I met a companion npc, not yet made a companion, if I said fuck off, they would blast me, put me in devious devices and take advantage of me.  But I don't recall anything so grand since RSE.

Hope this helps.

John

Helps tremendously. Knowing it is more than one person tells me there is something funky going on. I'll look into correcting this for next update.

1 minute ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Helps tremendously. Knowing it is more than one person tells me there is something funky going on. I'll look into correcting this for next update.

If I may, Flashy, share the best scene when I first ran RSE long ago... I use the Mistress Passion Companions... Passion, Exotic, and eh, don't remember... I was just coming out of the vault... didn't know any better... took my deep breaths and of course, didn't adjust any mcm setting... the one ran over and said, nice view... uh, thanks... next time she said same thing... 3rd time I said fuck off... she pulled out her gun, her other "twins" did same, blasted me on the vault door, locked me up and had this 3 way... sex fest... it was the best moment in Fallout 4 game playing history.

Of course, after that, I was locked up and they had their companion speech "hi, sweety, need anything?" … haha, going form abusing my PC to a nonchalant courser companion available to join me... it was grand man.   I fell in love with RSE.. (which, if I may flashy, still is the "better" version of your mods, my humble opinion...) … 

Take care, have a great night, and catch you later, Sir.  I will be anxious for the other updates... and please, make AdvNeeds work, better? :)

v3.4 Uploaded - Recompiled AAF scripts for Nudity Check Dialogue outcomes for both Oral and Penetration sex offers. Added compiled scripts for these two options as loose files in hopes this alleviates whatever issues was blocking them from working in the BA2.

8 minutes ago, MrCruelJohn said:

I fell in love with RSE.. (which, if I may flashy, still is the "better" version of your mods, my humble opinion...)

I can't speak to the validity of this statement, but I heard through the grapeview that eventually there may just be an 'RSE II' that will again be an all-in-one mod. I don't remember where I heard that though, so take it with a grain of salt. ??

6 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

v3.4 Uploaded - Recompiled AAF scripts for Nudity Check Dialogue outcomes for both Oral and Penetration sex offers. Added compiled scripts for these two options as loose files in hopes this alleviates whatever issues was blocking them from working in the BA2.

I can't speak to the validity of this statement, but I heard through the grapeview that eventually there may just be an 'RSE II' that will again be an all-in-one mod. I don't remember where I heard that, so take it with a grain of salt. ?

Well, shoot.  I don't know about that validity, though while I use elements now, after RSE for so long... a more NSFW version  NSFW God Mode or maybe more... would be adored. :) just saying... elements is a bit... tamer? haha... 

And I don't know if it's in the grapevine, lots of other mods coming out to fill in the gaps your big shoes left... as they say around here, eating your lunch.  I say this with all the love I can, man.  Yah, know... get rid of the monsieur plaza, make the "visits" actually happen... lol... you have a following, brother.

John

And speaking of karma, you know it doesn't just have to be Bounty Hunters to take out justice... some settlers could decide to do the same thing in a more personal way, street justice... behind rosa's house, in the garden next to the melons... could be a crippling beating... some liberties taken... (and if I can report, in the Bounty Hunter scenario, my PC or companion have never been kidnapped, just tied or jailed. I have never encountered it. Ha, would be nice to be beaten bound and dropped at the feet of the client... which may be at a kidnap zone.)

See Raider's Pet mod... and the karma system he is building with DC & Caravan guards... it is a really great mod with lots of potential for further growth... not saying do same... but other ideas are coming forth for Fallout 4...

And BTW, Skyrim lives because of the modders… I don't know if you get on Nexus much, but the last couple of days, Fallout 4 has had less than new mods today than skyrim… they had maybe 5?  Fallout … is perhaps being played less... or less interest... even I have started doing a skyrim build... slow... but working on it.

John 

On 3/22/2019 at 12:14 AM, MrCruelJohn said:

And BTW, Skyrim lives because of the modders… I don't know if you get on Nexus much, but the last couple of days, Fallout 4 has had less than new mods today than skyrim… they had maybe 5?  Fallout … is perhaps being played less... or less interest... even I have started doing a skyrim build... slow... but working on it.

Fallout 4 modding is not dead or dying just yet. It's slowed down since 76 came out, but its still going. I watch nexus regularly, and there's still an avg of 70 to 100 new mods on the weekly tab. From what I've been seeing the last little while, they tend to come out in more sporadic spurts rather than at a consistent pace. Not to mention they are still going strong on fallout Miami,

On 3/21/2019 at 10:44 PM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

I can report that when I say go down on me - it works - sort of - my player character ends up going down on them... so a bit backwards, but the AAF is triggering a scene.  I have not gotten another yet in a new game … will let you know what happens and I will try the other option.

John

26 minutes ago, Crushit86 said:

So, everything but the stalkers is working for me. I get the notification about distant eyes on me..but the stalkers never follow me or anything. They just go from being a raider etc, to a stalker and they just sit there crouched.

I also have this. Even if turned off.

And so far in a 10 hour game, which the bounty hunters have showed up a few times, not once has a stalker done something to me while I sleep.

No binding, no assault, no kidnap while sleeping (robbed while sleeping works)... i get the eyes watching me.  But that's it.

Also, something approaches warning pops up but nothing happens.  I stay in settlement waiting....

I know this is not related to the stalkers.  Just saying things aren't activating.

And what's imprisonment?  Csa has not yielded anything lately even with chance at 50 for my character and 25 for my companion.  Someone take IVY!!   Haha.

John

Further, I just checked re-saver - see if anything was going on... only 1 unattached instance... and since it was related to stalker, I have it attached.  Not sure if it is even important, but considering stalker isn't firing, maybe...

Hope the info we post for you helps?

John

Johnstalker.PNG.4da83f629d9877b38df28f7a5d03a352.PNG

Some weird things are happening in my game.

I m using Player Comments, and i noticed when a male NPC aproaches me and Player Comments trigger some comment exchange, the male NPC is responding in female voice.

It happens only during the approaches:

I was loitering/building things at a settlement in vicinity of some NPC, triggering occasional comments, and the NPC spoke using male voice (as it should).

After some time i went to sleep to get rid of my fatigue, and when i woke up, the first thing i see is a message from DD, asking whether i want to equip some device - which i think must came from a stalker, but there isnt anybody around, just me and one Settler.

Lets ignore the fact i cant see any stalker around, shouldn't i be safe from that while in a settlement?

Also, the DD is ASKING me whether i want to equip the devices - shouldn't it force the devices on me?

Anyway, i let it equip the devices, which stripped the armor and the approach was triggered due to nudity.

There is only one settler in this settlement, and no other NPCs to my knowledge (i guess the stalker is suppsed to be there somewhere, but..), so the settler aproaches me, and Player Comments got triggered and i hear the male settler responding with a female voice.

After the Aproach is finished/aborted, the settler responds to any Player Comments again correctly in male voice.

I do realize this might very well be an issue with Player Comments alone, but before i dive into it, any ideas how the Aproaches in RSE3 could be causing this?

9 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Some weird things are happening in my game.

I m using Player Comments, and i noticed when a male NPC aproaches me and Player Comments trigger some comment exchange, the male NPC is responding in female voice.

It happens only during the approaches:

I was loitering/building things at a settlement in vicinity of some NPC, triggering occasional comments, and the NPC spoke using male voice (as it should).

After some time i went to sleep to get rid of my fatigue, and when i woke up, the first thing i see is a message from DD, asking whether i want to equip some device - which i think must came from a stalker, but there isnt anybody around, just me and one Settler.

Lets ignore the fact i cant see any stalker around, shouldn't i be safe from that while in a settlement?

Also, the DD is ASKING me whether i want to equip the devices - shouldn't it force the devices on me?

Anyway, i let it equip the devices, which stripped the armor and the approach was triggered due to nudity.

There is only one settler in this settlement, and no other NPCs to my knowledge (i guess the stalker is suppsed to be there somewhere, but..), so the settler aproaches me, and Player Comments got triggered and i hear the male settler responding with a female voice.

After the Aproach is finished/aborted, the settler responds to any Player Comments again correctly in male voice.

I do realize this might very well be an issue with Player Comments alone, but before i dive into it, any ideas how the Aproaches in RSE3 could be causing this?

The NPC approach is using a single forced voice type, to prevent me having to have a sound file for every voice type in the game, per line of dialogue. Sadly, it needs to be this way and this is probably what you are noticing, since the NPC will be in a forced alias with the FemaleBoston voice type (the one I use by default) and then the other mod kicks in that its time for a line, so it has to use the forced voice type that NPC is using. Its just a conflict, well, not a conflict per se, but a side effect lets say. As you notice, once the approach is done, the NPC goes back to the normal voice type, due to the forced alias being cleared.

As for the DD thing, this is odd. I dont think there is anything in the script that asks if you want the DD put on. I'll need to double check, but I am fairly positive it is supposed to just force it on. As for the stalkers, see below.

@MrCruelJohnI dont think the instance you see in resaver is the issue to be honest. There is something wonky with the packaging on the stalkers that I need to look into. Something that is preventing them from moving towards the player. They are filled from an alias perspective, otherwise the script wouldnt be running - and you wouldnt have an instance in resaver - but yes, something about the packaging is conflicting I think and the NPC doesnt know how to move. I'll look into that this week. As for you question of what imprisonment is, it is a consequence of surrendering to bounty hunters via dialogue and then being sent to Diamond City jail. It is not a consequence of CSA from Elements Vol.1.