Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

14 minutes ago, Aylis said:

It is only XLODgen Terrain which has to be deactivated after part 1.

Yeah. That's what I thought and done.

Sheson (Author of DynDOLOD) said that I should keep an eye on installed billboards and other mods supplying LOD Textures.

I guess I should try that, but where to start. I haven't read alot upon LOD or billboards, so I haven't got a clue. lol.

Oh well. Gotta check it up some more after some sleep.

Does anyone know a way to remove the 'rain-on-a-window pane' effect in Rudy?  I've disabled the Lens option in the ingame interface but it's still there.  It look's exactly the same in 1st or 3dP, like rain running down a window, very annoying.

Another weirdness is the fact that I see snow at the same time, blowing away from me, but only when I turn in one particular direction./

On 5/4/2021 at 7:05 PM, Aragwath said:

When creating the DynDOLOD Output, we need to have both FNIS Output, Nemesis Output, Bashed Patch, DynDOLOD FXGlow Disabler and DynDOLOD Texture Output all checked right?

I'm getting an error from DynDOLOD stating "Exception in unit userscript line 350: One or more errors occurred" and Stream Read error.

*Edit* I need sleep... I installed the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini in the wrong directory. Instead of placing it in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD I placed it in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts. ??

**edit 2** Nope the error still persists. 

[00:12:55.218]    <Error creating textures for atlas: Stream read error>
[00:12:59.709]     
[00:12:59.709]    Exception in unit userscript line 350: One or more errors occurred
[00:12:59.709]     
[00:12:59.711]    Error: One or more errors occurred
[00:13:08.159]    <Error creating textures for atlas: Access violation at address 0000000001390483 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 000000000000040C>
[00:13:46.250]    <Error creating textures for atlas: Access violation at address 00000000013908F9 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 00000000000019D0>

Guess I'll have to start over from FNIS.

***edit 3*** Redid all the steps from FNIS to DynDOLOD, but still get the error.

@fritzfried This is what I'm struggling with at the moment.

@wollboi Ok. Gonna download the entire Foundation section again, in hope of getting this issue settled.

Questions.

1. Do we download the DynDOLOD patches file as well? Or just DynDOLOD and DynDOLOD Resources SE.

2. The guide lists Enhanced Vanilla Trees AND Enhanced Vanilla Trees - Lush. Is that correct? The mod author states choose only one main file.

1 hour ago, Aragwath said:

Questions.

1. Do we download the DynDOLOD patches file as well? Or just DynDOLOD and DynDOLOD Resources SE.

2. The guide lists Enhanced Vanilla Trees AND Enhanced Vanilla Trees - Lush. Is that correct? The mod author states choose only one main file.

Okay, first: the error you got from DynDOLOD is reported by others as an out-of-memory issue and you might check that you're calling DynDOLODx64.exe from MO2 and not DynDOLOD.exe (32bit).  While we're at it, make sure your game, MO2, and your utilities like xLODgen and DynDOLOD are all on the same drive but NOT C:\.  No offense, just checking.

1) No you shouldn't need the patches from the DynDOLOD page, just the other two files.  DynDOLOD works as a separated executable call and Resources installs like a mod.  Add DynDOLODx64.exe by clicking MO2's gears icon (upper left).  Enter the program name, navigate to the .exe using the binaries field, and add the arguments you need.  I use an external output folder, so my argument looks like:   -sse -o:"D:\Game Utilities\OUTPUT_DynDOLOD_64_\"

2) Yes, select one.  I installed both, but I only checked one at a time to I can compare them.

Hang in there, it's a long slog and it's really easy to get impatient or frustrated.  The directions work if you're methodical.  When your done, you'll be ready to try for your own version of Lexy's build - really...

That might explain everything. I got the game on E drive, DynDOLOD on G drive and MO2 on D drive.

I've been running xLODGEN, TexGen, and DynDOLOD on 64bit.

I wasn't aware that they all had to be on the same drive.

Does MO2 and the base directory be on the same drive as well?

I reckon there's no easy way of moving the entire MO2 and base directory with mods?

3 minutes ago, maltodaxtrin said:

Wait, I have DynDOLOD, MO2 and Skyrim installed on C drive but I read that if nothing is installed in a PROGRAM FILES (or any Windows folder), it's okay.

It's not?

Skyrim is in C:/Steam

MO2 is in C:/MO2/SSE

Dyndolod is in C:/DynDOLOD

It's most likely because you got windows installed on C drive, and if the mods is downloaded to C drive, you're most likely to run out of space fairly quickly. 

23 minutes ago, Aragwath said:

They don't need to. You just have to see that the paths in MO2 are correct and that you got enough room. I got

Backup (compressed files) and DynDOLOD on D

Extracted files and Bethesda games on E

Storage and data are on F

On C i only got the OS and programs i work with.

52 minutes ago, Aragwath said:

That might explain everything. I got the game on E drive, DynDOLOD on G drive and MO2 on D drive.

I reckon there's no easy way of moving the entire MO2 and base directory with mods?

They don't all Have to be on the same drive.  YMMV, of course, and I'm not clear what you mean by a base directory, but for me what has worked for years is having MO2 installed in Steam's '\common' folder next to SSE and my other games.  On the top level of that dedicated (fastest) drive, next to the Steam directory, I have a folder : 'Game Utilities'.  If you have room on that drive, it can all work well, but I keep all MO2 downloads on a path to a separate drive.

Moving MO2 shouldn't be too bad if you save all your critical folders first, particularly mods, profiles and downloads.  Install MO2 for SSE in Steam\...\common and just overwrite with your mods and profiles - & put downloads on a storage drive.

Maybe someone else here has better suggestions, but this is what works for me.

1 minute ago, Aragwath said:

With base directory I mean where MO2 stores download, mods, Profiles and overwrites.

I'm currently moving my Skyrim SE game to G drive and MO2 as well. Gonna try having all on the same drive.

Maaybe not downloads though, eh?  Keep that drive lean and fast as poss.

1 hour ago, Aragwath said:

What's your memory situation?  You may need 32G+ if you're pushing the 4k-8k envelope.

All right this isn't my first post but feels like it.  I wanna say huge thanks Aylis for the guide, that's some amazing work you put into this!!!!

I booted the game and started a char and so far, everything's great (still early though). Looks so amazing compared to vanilla it's unbelievable. Like seriously. I know the mod authors deserve a lot of praise too and I will go and endorse them as it comes but yeah...

Just wanted to thank you for that, I know  you get loads of them already but I figure every bit counts :)

Quick question considering animations: you guys said we should re-run FNIS/Nemesis when we change anything about animations, but what if I'm not adding but removing 1 animation entirely? Will its absence cause problem? If yes I will rerun FNIS/Nemesis. Anyway, I only have this and body textures to change (which don't require re-running DynDOLOD thankfully) Diamond Skin is just too ridiculous for me (looks too clean to be believable)

Anyone has a recommendation for the most compatible camera mod to go with this install order? I am using Improved Camera already but

1. I'm not too attached to it, it can go. I checked and it's not overwriting anything in the whole load order. But it is missing features I want, which are ...

2. I'd like to be able to use MCM to change camera height, field of view, etc. on the fly. And saving those settings. Also, free cam toggle (to be fair Improved Camera already covers that, but not the rest) That's pretty much it. Ideally without breaking any other mod (I can disable improved camera I don't mind too much)

Thanks! I searched with keyword "Camera" in the whole thread but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. No kidding, the search function has saved my ass countless times in a week already!

6 hours ago, maltodaxtrin said:

Anyone has a recommendation for the most compatible camera mod to go with this install order? I am using Improved Camera already but

1. I'm not too attached to it, it can go. I checked and it's not overwriting anything in the whole load order. But it is missing features I want, which are ...

2. I'd like to be able to use MCM to change camera height, field of view, etc. on the fly. And saving those settings. Also, free cam toggle (to be fair Improved Camera already covers that, but not the rest) That's pretty much it. Ideally without breaking any other mod (I can disable improved camera I don't mind too much)

Thanks! I searched with keyword "Camera" in the whole thread but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. No kidding, the search function has saved my ass countless times in a week already!

I use Smooth Camera and this preset Smooth Camera - Synergy Preset. I have no issues with them and I like them better than Improved Camera. (It's an ESP more, though, something you may want to consider if you use them).

I think I found out why I've been having trouble with this guide. When I tried copying the mods from D drive to G drive, I get a read error from the source file/drive. And 2 of the files I get errors from, is DynDOLOD Resources mod. I'm guessing my D drive is slowly failing.

Update: these modes were affected by the failing Drive.

DX Dark Knight Armor - My Final Version by Xtudo SE - UNP - CBBE - UNPB
DynDOLOD Resources SE
High Poly NPC Overhaul
Misc Retexture Project
Pine Branches Redone
Rustic Clothing - Special Edition
Simply Realistic Armor and Weapons (custom NordwarUA Edition)
Static Mesh Improvement Mod