game got updated, just like skyrim SE got updated for me today, so you need to download a new update of f4se or redownload old .exe and replace the new one (esentially cracking it like that)

1 hour ago, Dallas-Arbiter said:

Looks like your game updated, and you need the new version of F4SE, and here it is:

https://f4se.silverlock.org/

Download and install F4SE again, and you should be back in business.

43 minutes ago, NikoNeliko said:

game got updated, just like skyrim SE got updated for me today, so you need to download a new update of f4se or redownload old .exe and replace the new one (esentially cracking it like that)

do i need to re-install just the f4se or uninstall the old 1 & install anew?

is there a way to prevent the updates or it's a must to?

Untitled.png.47b6f48e99b4b47e08bbfb47094148ca.png

as what i've read from the readme, they said to:

"Copy f4se_1_10_130.dll, f4se_loader.exe, and f4se_steam_loader.dll to your Fallout installation folder."

what about the rest of the content in the file? need to copy & replace all the newer ones?

will it conflict with my old save & mods?

damn, i'm so lost....

41 minutes ago, 10Revans said:

I hope it works out for you, 

hopefully, i'm getting very annoyed with all these updates...

just install it over the top of the old one, and it won't conflict with anything but you will have to download the latest updates for F4SE mods

there will be popup's for F4SE mods that you haven't updated yet when you run the game

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and after posting this, I installed most of the updates and found a critical problem. The game doesn't bloody run.

it CTD's when entering Creation Club(to check for free mods) and it CTD's when entering a new game.

(I am not in the mood to fix this issue at the moment

23 minutes ago, DerpedPerd said:

well, i did as intended.....

Untitled.png.a39b7b5bc1bdcbeb4b8f0c7e6e4925a2.png

1.png.86c64694992a18ce0084e843f23cda50.png

2.png.72efb9b9f787e49f1e10e6dd4672a49f.png

3.png.c31473d45dacda9d14eb9e780e924062.png

4.png.ff408741474aafcdaeb311204212cd63.png

it's beginning to feel more like F76......

Man unless 1 of your mods has some massive new feature I'd just roll back your fallout 4 to before the update. Its not worth the hassle to update when its just going to fuck everything up. Nothing on here has changed enough to even think about updating the files, in a couple months now. Unless 1 of these mods gets totally rewritten or some kind of new awesome feature its not worth the time to change it. I'm running my game without updating anything from here or Nexus in at least 2 months so updating now and trying to reorganize everything is a complete waste of time. If you were happy with your game 2 days ago don't bother fucking with anything. Youre going to just open a whole new can of worms. 

Oh and don't make the same mistake I did and make sure you change the option in Steam to only update when you launch the game. Lol

53 minutes ago, Invictaxe said:

did you get the latest MCM from Nexus? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21497?tab=files

as of this post, i did managed to get the mcm to work with newer mcm...

but extra added bugs:

-can't prompt who i wanna woohoo & prostitute with

-can't move freely in cam mode

the only working mods are enhance family planning & surrender.

(I just got knocked up by test driving the mods)

43 minutes ago, walkin said:

Man unless 1 of your mods has some massive new feature I'd just roll back your fallout 4 to before the update. Its not worth the hassle to update when its just going to fuck everything up. Nothing on here has changed enough to even think about updating the files, in a couple months now. Unless 1 of these mods gets totally rewritten or some kind of new awesome feature its not worth the time to change it. I'm running my game without updating anything from here or Nexus in at least 2 months so updating now and trying to reorganize everything is a complete waste of time. If you were happy with your game 2 days ago don't bother fucking with anything. Youre going to just open a whole new can of worms. 

Oh and don't make the same mistake I did and make sure you change the option in Steam to only update when you launch the game. Lol

doesn't that means that it will still update when i "launch" the game?

22 minutes ago, DerpedPerd said:

as of this post, i did managed to get the mcm to work with newer mcm...

but extra added bugs:

-can't prompt who i wanna woohoo & prostitute with

-can't move freely in cam mode

the only working mods are enhance family planning & surrender.

(I just got knocked up by test driving the mods)

doesn't that means that it will still update when i "launch" the game?

No. When you launch your game you use F4SE to launch it, not Steam.

It will come up and tell you youre not using the latest version of F4SE or Fallout 4 but who gives a shit. We already know that and it still works fine so who cares what it says. Lol Like I said I could care less how many times it updates, I'm gonna still continue to use the one I know is stable. Especially if nothing really changes with the mods I use and like. Theres probably going to be some updates here over the next week or so because of this but they will probably just be to operate with the new versions of F4SE and fallout and not really add anything important or different otherwise, so why bother. Like I always say if its not broke why fix it. Lol

2 minutes ago, walkin said:

No. When you launch your game you use F4SE to launch it, not Steam.

ok, i hope that'll work...

well, it's true i have fun playing the game vanilla (quests, building, crafting)

but sometimes i would like to lay back & have a little "relieve" after running around

4 minutes ago, DerpedPerd said:

ok, i hope that'll work...

well, it's true i have fun playing the game vanilla (quests, building, crafting)

but sometimes i would like to lay back & have a little "relieve" after running around

It doesn't change anything. You can still use all your mods and AAF and everything. You don't have to play vanilla game.

4 minutes ago, walkin said:

It doesn't change anything. You can still use all your mods and AAF and everything. You don't have to play vanilla game.

no, i meant vanilla as in "forgotten i had mods on that i went playing the game like as if non-modded"

6 minutes ago, DerpedPerd said:

no, i meant vanilla as in "forgotten i had mods on that i went playing the game like as if non-modded"

Oh I gotcha. I guess you could have 2 different fallout setups on different drives. 1 modded and 1 non modded. But you would have to make sure that the game being launched from Steam follows the correct path to your unmodded game. Wouldn't be that hard to do.

I don't think they even do anything anymore when they update fallout besides add more stupid shit to the creation club. I mean unless youre playing on console I really couldn't see any reason why anybody playing on pc would give a shit about that having access to any mod we want for free anyways. They need to take their creation club and shove it up their ass and quit fucking with our game. Or only update for the console and leave us PC players alone.

3 minutes ago, walkin said:

Oh I gotcha. I guess you could have 2 different fallout setups on different drives. 1 modded and 1 non modded. But you would have to make sure that the game being launched from Steam follows the correct path to your unmodded game. Wouldn't be that hard to do.

neh.... i'm having too much problems on hand now, i don't wanna add more problems later on.........

i just need to get some of the mods (as stated) to work then i'll be happy for the time being.

btw, is there a way to edit the topic's title?

1 minute ago, DerpedPerd said:

neh.... i'm having too much problems on hand now, i don't wanna add more problems later on.........

i just need to get some of the mods (as stated) to work then i'll be happy for the time being.

btw, is there a way to edit the topic's title?

I know you can edit your own post but not sure about the topic title. Maybe if you created the topic but don't know.

I am starting to believe F4SE needs to be updated to reflect the game update. My FO4 will not get past save load screen before crashing. Skyrim needed (2) SKSE updates to fix their crash issue. They had fixes in the matter of a few hours. Other than SOS being dead on arrival (too old) at least I can play Skyrim..Kill all SOS related mods and add a rigid schlong male body and all is OK...I am an old guy used to 25 years of console button pushing. I looked at the various directions for rolling back my FO4 game and my near sighted eyes quickly glossed over in a "DUH" moment. Seems awfully complicated to a computer gaming newbie..........

I ran into trouble after these updates. I've copied over the new F4SE files, but now when I run the game via F4SE, I hear an error sound and the game doesn't run. It just appears as a background process in Task Manager. Any ideas? 

LE:

Nevermind. I've updated a mod or two, including the MCM and it finally launched. So, if anyone else ran into this problem, try updating your mods. 

Man... this is why I hate updates...

6 minutes ago, human3166 said:

I ran into trouble after these updates. I've copied over the new F4SE files, but now when I run the game via F4SE, I hear an error sound and the game doesn't run. It just appears as a background process in Task Manager. Any ideas? 

The only thing you can do right now until everybody updates their mods is go back to before a couple days ago before fallout got updated. Use the previous version of F4SE and roll back your fallout game to the version right before the update and everything will work as usual. There is guides for rolling back fallout to previous versions. Its not that complicated.

I thought the same, but decided to disable my mods and start game. Started up fine. Went through a few mods at a time and the bad mod turned out to be the Knockout mod and its addons. They are F4SE dependent, but are so old that the latest updates made them unusable. Also got Fourplay to work even with its last patches. I am a happy camper..

5 hours ago, walkin said:

The only thing you can do right now until everybody updates their mods is go back to before a couple days ago before fallout got updated. Use the previous version of F4SE and roll back your fallout game to the version right before the update and everything will work as usual. There is guides for rolling back fallout to previous versions. Its not that complicated.

does the rollback also include the dlc's or just main game is enough?

also, i've just updated my mcm & f4se to the latest....

do i need to re-download the pre-updated again?

2 minutes ago, DerpedPerd said:

does the rollback also include the dlc's or just main game is enough?

It doesn't change anything, its just the previous version you had installed a couple days ago before they updated it. If you have the DLC you will always have it no matter what version youre using.

4 minutes ago, walkin said:

It doesn't change anything, its just the previous version you had installed a couple days ago before they updated it. If you have the DLC you will always have it no matter what version youre using.

so means dlc aren't affect by the updates, only the base game?

19 minutes ago, DerpedPerd said:

so means dlc aren't affect by the updates, only the base game?

Well I guess it would depend on what they were updating for. I didn't read what they were doing in this last patch cause well I don't really care. Lol. I'm assuming it was probably mostly just adding more shit to their stupid creation club store, that's what it usually is. I mean they probably wouldn't be worried about bug fixes and shit 4-5 years later so I doubt they did that and even if they did you'd probably never notice anyhow.. Besides if youre using the unofficial fallout 4 patch it probably already took care of anything Bethesda would fix anyways.

Archived