Viconia for Skyrim?

cretin

Asking in Adult 'cause she's such a naughty minx... but does anyone know what happened to the Viconia mod for Skyrim? I stumbled on this:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/833478-wipz-viconia-devir-for-skyrim/

...which suggests that it was done and posted. But it seems that Sulteric has since dropped off the map. No sign of the mod or its progress anywhere.

Anyone have more information about this?

I guess he's still at it. Found this post from his profile:

In Topic: Viconia DeVir - The Underdark Saga

30 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

I've completely updated her looks for Skyrim. Will post a pic here soon.

So there's that... I'm thinking it's close, though, from how detailed the mod compatibility section looks.

Vilja, you'll get the stinkeye again soon, sweetie.

Sounds like a slightly dumber Vilja to me. Less substance' date=' more romance.

[/quote']

I know, right? Awesome.

Wait-- maybe you think that's a bad thing.

I directly called Viconia dumb and shallow. What do you think?

That said, a well-written romance isn't a bad thing. Never is. I'm just saying, it's written like the entirety of her "quest" is stages of conversation. And that sounds boring.

I might bother with this if it comes out just to have another nice partner that isn't Vilja, but of they don't even have the decency to give me something to do (as opposed to someone), then I don't know if I'll bother keeping her.

We'll see, I guess.

Yea just what we need an actual Romance mod what with our plethora of "here let me cast this spell on you" >pomf< or Slave slave slave mod. Shame on diversity ... SHAAAAAME!!

All I'm saying is, she needs a quest. Not necessarily anything epic that'll outshine the romance, but something meaningful to her that will put you and her in sufficient peril to facilitate growing close in a relatively short time. Like Vilja, only with a better written romance component.

Or is it somehow wrong of me to hope they properly execute a romantic adventure story in a high fantasy setting?

Sounds like a slightly dumber Vilja to me. Less substance' date=' more romance.

[/quote']

I know, right? Awesome.

Wait-- maybe you think that's a bad thing.

I directly called Viconia dumb and shallow. What do you think?

[...]

Or is it somehow wrong of me to hope they properly execute a romantic adventure story in a high fantasy setting?

I take it you never played the original then. There was nothing but peril involved, culminating in a cultural shift and a hard-fought marriage. The Underdark was an excellent backdrop to the romance.

So yeah, if the Underdark isn't there, and it's just Viconia, I get where you're coming from. But since we have (hang on, let me count them...) ZERO romance companion mods who progress to a realistically sexual relationship, then I'll take what I can get. Because that aspect of Viconia was fine as well.

So far, we've seen two extremes. Painslut on one end, and Vilja the Chaste on the other, with nothing but promises (Aela, Cerwiden) in-between.

[EDIT] ...but that's harsh. It's early yet in the scheme of things.

As a huge cheerleader of the Vilja mod, I firmly support any companion mod that strives to give us more than "download, install, walk up to and invite" companions we have now. I confess I'm super ignorant as to the CK's limitations, is building one of these that hard? Labor intensive I can understand, but isn't it just a matter of "if companion is in X location with Y NPC, say Z"? That seems to be the bulk of Vilja's programming, outside her main questline. Well, that and "repeat the same line at least a dozen times a day"...

Edit: totally forgot to say, I very much want a well written romance companion that eventually leads to sex. I'd love to write the dialog and questlines! I want that so much to be a thing.

[...] is building one of these that hard? Labor intensive I can understand' date=' but isn't it just a matter of "if companion is in X location with Y NPC, say Z"? That seems to be the bulk of Vilja's programming, outside her main questline. Well, that and "repeat the same line at least a dozen times a day"...[/quote']

It all comes down to the voice actor. The common theme I've seen from Ceri's voice talent, from Emma, and from the Painslut author is that the voice actor feels... exposed... and raw in a way that isn't exactly natural. I guess it's easy to burn out on it. It sounds like a difficult thing to create that intimate illusion of yourself for countless others, and to put yourself in that role. To take it beyond into a sexual place is something that the Viconia voice actor did very well, but ultimately bailed on due to personal issues and maybe to the stress and bother of it all (or so I understand).

Edit: totally forgot to say, I very much want a well written romance companion that eventually leads to sex. I'd love to write the dialog and questlines! I want that so much to be a thing.

I hear you. But I guess there's a reason that there aren't really any of those for Oblivion, either; with the exception of Viconia. And maybe the Maids of Chorrol, but that's stretching it.

What reason is that, I wonder? I mean, surely there's a lot of people out there who would enjoy more companions like these. Is it the whole voice actor thing? Because I'm sure there must be plenty of amateur voice actors out there who are chomping at the bit to be involved in a big project like this. Or is it that it's too much work for too little gain? I guess this sort of thing would have to be a labor of love.

Might want to look at this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24621

It's in an extremely early stage and judging from the description it's nothing more than your standart follower atm.

Yeah; I ran across that one earlier, but it's very different than the mod from OP. Deepest respect to that modder, but that looks like Viconia's SON, not daughter. *urp*

I found this little faker in the Skyrim section:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/Images/158859

I originally thought that the shaders and lighting looked Skyrim to me, but I think that's just an Oblivion shot (flat hair, featureless dungeon, lowres textures)... So, eh, never mind. Carry on.

Might want to look at this http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24621

It's in an extremely early stage and judging from the description it's nothing more than your standart follower atm.

Yeah; I ran across that one earlier' date=' but it's very different than the mod from OP. Deepest respect to that modder, but that looks like Viconia's SON, not daughter. *urp*

I found this little faker in the Skyrim section:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/Images/158859

I originally thought that the shaders and lighting looked Skyrim to me, but I think that's just an Oblivion shot (flat hair, featureless dungeon, lowres textures)... So, eh, never mind. Carry on.

[/quote']

To be honest I took a look at the mod for Oblivion and can't really say that the original looks good either.

• 3 weeks later...

Some texture issues with the 1.2 version; I'd wait a bit before trying it out unless you can suffer through a drow head on a lily-white Nord body. It's Viconia for Skyrim all right, but without the massive Underdark quests which were so damned awesome in Oblivion.

Yet it fulfills the need for a slutty follower like no other mod does, so that's good. :)

EDIT: OK, I'm suffering. This is very bugged. Probably best to wait.

Archived