[BodySlide] Body/Baseshape not scaling with outfit/armor

Hello everyone.

I've been having some issues recently with some outfits.

Main issue is: The BodySlide files that came with the outfit doesn't seem to work, as the outfit changes but the body stays the same. Here's an example (this is not the outfit I'm talking about but it's the same issue as the picture)

culort.png

I've tried to import just the outfit mesh to BodySlide and load the CBBE HDT reference shape. Conform all sliders and Copy Bone Weights. The outfit now looks good on BodySlide but when you build the outfit and try it in game, the outfit doesn't seem to attach to the body, as they move/bounce differently.

Does anyone know how to fix this or at least a workaround to make it work in game?

Thanks in advance!

Reinstall the project file you did this to, then open outfit studio and load the project (not any meshes or reference shapes) -the body and outfit should be matching there so just hit conform all then save and test it. Sometimes this step gets left out and that's all you need to do.

4 hours ago, RW311 said:

Reinstall the project file you did this to, then open outfit studio and load the project (not any meshes or reference shapes) -the body and outfit should be matching there so just hit conform all then save and test it. Sometimes this step gets left out and that's all you need to do.

Thanks, problem is when I load the project (the downloaded one, not the one I modified ) into Outfit Studio, it only loads the body shape, the outfit is nowhere to be seen. I'm not at my PC right now, will upload some images later.

Edit: Ok, the outfit now shows on Outfit Studio, but after loading it on Outfit Studio, Conforming All sliders, saving the project and reloading BodySlide (to update the outftits, I'm using MO2, if it has something to do with this) the outftit has the same issue. The body doesn't scale with the armor.

Here is the example of what I'm talking about (author doesn't provide an answer to this and I'm not sure if I can share any part of this outfit, so I removed Textures.)

Spoiler

170757131_Notscaling.png.7416da3a7201b6b87ddbbb9703871a28.png

Here it is with the conformed Sliders all at Zero in Outfit Studio.

Spoiler

2046412540_ConformedSlidersZeroAll.png.ca0e5f456c58b9f0463cdbf9b251f2c2.png

Here it is with only the Breasts slider changed to some percentage, as you can see, it still doesn't scale with the body.

Spoiler

1503255574_ConformedBreastsSlider.png.e0d62c84c894c31690f9ec7a0cb17619.png

Ok sometimes I've had this problem with outfit where using new reference shape and copy bone refused to work and I don't want to manually paint it or it has more than just standard hdt bones.

To get around it I would load the project and actually do all the steps like it was a new project but instead of removing the existing base body shape or copying bone weights I would leave the existing base shape and not include the loaded reference at all when saving this keeps all weight paints the same (if they were correct initially otherwise it's hopeless). 

I hope you know what I mean by that?

What you are trying to do is get slider information into the existing base body shape so it will conform in bodyslide but keep all weights intact which is impossible if you save with a new reference shape as you already had the problem of mismatching body and outfit weights.

4 hours ago, RW311 said:

Ok sometimes I've had this problem with outfit where using new reference shape and copy bone refused to work and I don't want to manually paint it or it has more than just standard hdt bones.

To get around it I would load the project and actually do all the steps like it was a new project but instead of removing the existing base body shape or copying bone weights I would leave the existing base shape and not include the loaded reference at all when saving this keeps all weight paints the same (if they were correct initially otherwise it's hopeless). 

I hope you know what I mean by that?

What you are trying to do is get slider information into the existing base body shape so it will conform in bodyslide but keep all weights intact which is impossible if you save with a new reference shape as you already had the problem of mismatching body and outfit weights.

Well, would you look at that, lol.

This definetly was the workaround. As you mentioned above what I did was:

Pre-steps: Built the outfit to UNP (had to do this first since the outfit still wasn't showing after a fresh install, for some reason the nifs that come with the zip are only the bones.)  Converted the outfit from UNP, fix some minor clipping and exported it without the UNP to CBBE reference bodyshape.

1.- Created a new project, CBBE HDT in this case, since this was the reference shape I was looking for.

2.- Imported the outfit I talked about in the Pre-steps section (lol).

3.- Conformed all sliders and fixed the clipping issues that could have been left. Didn't copy the bone weights.

4.- Saved the Project but unticking the "Copy reference shape into output" so the CBBE HDT reference shape wasn't copied into the output file that is going to be built later on BodySlide.

5.- Built the Outfit on BodySlide and tested in-game, it worked, no more clippings and weird bounces between the outfit and the body.

Thanks for the help, and I hope this helps someone else who's having this kind of problem.

• 11 months later...

i'm having a similar issue. there is an outfit i found that the torso piece has no set reference but the sliders and weights work. when i try to update the body to the newest 3bbb body since they inherently use different bones the sliders are refusing to conform. so not sure if this process will work correctly since they use difference bones. and in order to update it properly would need to update bones. it's they they made the body into an actual outfit pc instead of the ref and deleted the reference they used.

• 4 months later...