Sunless Sea Modding?

Mugginnato

I think this is the right place to post this, if not then I apologies.

Hello all, I'm a long time lurker first time poster. Recently I've been getting into Sunless Sea, a neat little game full of Lovecraftian mystery. I wanted to spice up the game a little bit and naturally came here and didn't find any mods (and if it's not here it doesn't exist). I thought the game had some decent modding potential, something along the lines of CK2 and Stellaris event mods and unique crew, hell, even some portrait replacers. It's been out since 2015, has a modding guide and no one took a salacious crack at it? Is no one playing it or is there just no interest? I'd love to hear thoughts on this.

• 4 weeks later...

I think an adult mod would be very interesting and breath a lot of new life into the game but would be VERY difficult to do right.

The game is entirely about the A+ writing, and any event mod would need to be able to emulate it for it do well, else it would be very jarring. I honestly doubt such a feat to be possible short of having a writer from the game do it, but if one were to successfully recreate it I imagine their skills would be in high enough demand to make a career out of it.

Archived