Is Fallout4Custom.ini still necessary?

Kain82

Do I still need to create a Fallout4Custom.ini file?  When I add the following lines:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

and save the file, then launch the game it does not load.  It stays as a permanent black screen, forcing me to restart the computer.  When I remove the two entries, the game loads fine, but mods like body mods don't work.  I've owned the game since release and never had this problem.  I need the ini file to make AAF work according to this tutorial.  But when I add the two entries I posted above the games hangs while loading.

Can anyone help?  Or does anyone know if it's necessary to still create the Fallout4Custom.ini file?

1 hour ago, Kain82 said:

Do I still need to create a Fallout4Custom.ini file?  When I add the following lines:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

and save the file, then launch the game it does not load.  It stays as a permanent black screen, forcing me to restart the computer.  When I remove the two entries, the game loads fine, but mods like body mods don't work.  I've owned the game since release and never had this problem.  I need the ini file to make AAF work according to this tutorial.  But when I add the two entries I posted above the games hangs while loading.

Can anyone help?  Or does anyone know if it's necessary to still create the Fallout4Custom.ini file?

Sounds like you have those lines in BOTH files..........

?

55 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

Sounds like you have those lines in BOTH files..........

?

I only have one file that has those entries and it's the Fallout4Custom.ini file.

Here are the entries contained within:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
[Display]
iLocation X=0
iLocation Y=0
[General]
fMinPlayerMoveToDistForLoadScreen=2000

Archived