Suggestion: pinned post, guide for beginners

urtzul

Well, last time I opened this forum and searched for VR, there was quite nothing, so I decided to give it a few months.

Now, I am already getting lost. I am getting lost among tons of questions related to things I never knew that existed. I really don't know how to start with. I mean, I can find a guide for enabling mobs.. I can find a guide for installing mods. I can find a guide for mod A or mod B. I can find a guide on how to make mod C work with VR.

But first things first.

I need to know what should I do now, and how, and why should I do it, and how will I benefit from doing it.

So, maybe there should be a pinned post, with some step-by-step guides, a list of mods that work, and links for each?

Because you see... well, to be honest, this forum is a mess and we all know it. Sometimes you have to search through 100 pages of replies, to find a beta version - and first, you need to know, that such beta version exists

Instead of that, there could be a pinned post, that contains all the necessary information from another threads.

So, instead of searching through 60 pages of some post, only to find out that it has a beta version that works with VR, I could just look at the "list of mods woring with VR", and see "mod A, but only beta versions B and higher", along with a link to the thread with beta downloads.

Don't you think it would be better that way?

15 hours ago, urtzul said:

[...]

I was thinking about starting a similar thread (something like listing of mods and resources), but decided against. The way of modding SkyrimVR is the same as SSE - you use the same tools and do it the same way. There are many tutorials all over about how to mod Skyrim, it is the same for the VR port.

Almost all mods for SSE work in VR. There is a simple way to check if it will work - look at the files of the mod to see if there is a DLL file. If no - it will work, if yes - you need to check if there is a VR port.

There aren't too many VR specific things happening to justify supporting a meta thread and it will be confusing. The volume of posting in the VR subforum here is not that high and it is quite easy to see when something new happens.

That is my reasoning for why I haven't started such a thread. If somebody wants to do it they can create it, I'm sure if it is useful enough it can get pinned at some point.

Archived