Problem with modding

AlphaBubble

Hello everyone,

I tried to make an pantyless version of kasumis Police Uniform. I imported the tmc into tmc polygon tool and deleted the panties and the vertices 0-45 (crotch). Then I imported the real nude  by harry palmer and extracted the mesh of the same vertices 0-45. I inserted this mesh into the dlc tmc with tmc insert tool. Now i have this:

Unbenannt.PNG.8f90bc0c1bf5806f6fce1781662225a9.PNG

Anyone have a clue why that happened?

Thx for your help!

Because each model (each costume) is different. You can‘t expect vertices to match automatically when combining two models.

You have two options:

1. Replace the whole skin area from skirt to shoes.

OR

2, Connect unmatched vertices manually, then fix deformed UV maps.

17 minutes ago, syfjhz22 said:

Because each model (each costume) is different. You can‘t expect vertices to match automatically when combining two models.

You have two options:

1. Replace the whole skin area from skirt to shoes.

OR

2, Connect unmatched vertices manually, then fix deformed UV maps.

Thank you for your reply! I don't think the first one is possible, or are there nude models with high heel feet out there?
How does the second option work? With blender? And what about UV maps?

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, AlphaBubble said:

Thank you for your reply! I don't think the first one is possible, or are there nude models with high heel feet out there?
How does the second option work? With blender? And what about UV maps?

Thank you!

Since you asked such question, I think the first option is much easier for you.

For the first option, you only need to extract the area from another costume such as a nude model, then delete/fix vertices that are unneeded or clipping.

It's much easier to select the area you want in Blender for extration/deletion in Polygon Tool, I think there must be tutorials somewhere.

3 minutes ago, syfjhz22 said:

For the first option, you only need to extract the area from another costume such as a nude model, then delete/fix vertices that are unneeded or clipping.

Okay I'll try. I'll tell you when I need help or when I'm done. Thank you.

37 minutes ago, syfjhz22 said:

Okay i have alittle problem. The feet of the nude model  aren't high heel shaped. Is there a nude model with high heel shaped feet or do you have a solution for that? And how do i know which vertices I should delete?

Alright! I used the method by harry palmer:

I first deleted the vertices going from skirt to the ankle from my DLCU_20.tmc. Then I extracted the same vertices from the nude model by harry palmer for kasumi and inserted them into DLCU_20.tmc via Polygon insert tool. Now I have this:

Unbenannt.PNG.2111e9f6f679b2aca1ab45809d05e070.PNG

and the ankles are weird

Unbenansnt.PNG.d14956a9ec1a7cd58c994e5cfbc3526d.PNG

Now i really don't know what to do. The crotch really doesn't look like the one of the nude model and the feet are shifted from the legs. But that's again because the models are different, I guess. So I think, I have to find a nude model with high heel like feet, but about the crotch? I don't have a clue.

Thx for the help so far.

I don’t think there is a high heel nude model. The easy way is cutting the feet from nude model,

extract feet from high heel, then connect vertices manually. Since leg vertices are easy to identify and sort, so it should be a relatively quick job to do in 3DS MAX or Blender, you just need to combine&smooth diffuse map so the skin colour look natural after connecting two models.

8 hours ago, syfjhz22 said:

I don’t think there is a high heel nude model. The easy way is cutting the feet from nude model,

extract feet from high heel, then connect vertices manually. Since leg vertices are easy to identify and sort, so it should be a relatively quick job to do in 3DS MAX or Blender, you just need to combine&smooth diffuse map so the skin colour look natural after connecting two models.

Do you know what to do about the crotch? It really doesn't look good and I don't understand why it looks so different from the nude model.

44 minutes ago, AlphaBubble said:

Do you know what to do about the crotch? It really doesn't look good and I don't understand why it looks so different from the nude model.

If you extract whole area from skirt to feet, there should be no problem with the underwear area. The way I extract is: select unwanted vertices of a object in blender or 3ds max, move them away, then delete in polygon tool. What you left with is the mesh you want.

Also double check the underwear mesh whether it’s completely deleted.

3 hours ago, syfjhz22 said:

If you extract whole area from skirt to feet, there should be no problem with the underwear area. The way I extract is: select unwanted vertices of a object in blender or 3ds max, move them away, then delete in polygon tool. What you left with is the mesh you want.

Also double check the underwear mesh whether it’s completely deleted.

Well I did exactly that. I selected all the vertices I want to delete and copied the indexes to my clipboard via plugin. Then I deleted those vertices with polygon tool. I selectedall the same vertices for the nude model too and inverted the selection. I exported them with tmc polygon tool and inserted into my tmc. So I deleted the vertices from my tmc and inserted the exact same vertices from the nude model. And now I have this. Could it be that the crotch texture of the nude model is an albedo texture and saved in the tmcl?

4 hours ago, AlphaBubble said:

Well I did exactly that. I selected all the vertices I want to delete and copied the indexes to my clipboard via plugin. Then I deleted those vertices with polygon tool. I selectedall the same vertices for the nude model too and inverted the selection. I exported them with tmc polygon tool and inserted into my tmc. So I deleted the vertices from my tmc and inserted the exact same vertices from the nude model. And now I have this. Could it be that the crotch texture of the nude model is an albedo texture and saved in the tmcl?

You are using vertices number which is very easy to make mistake.

You will also need to check your diffuse map. It's possible the skin diffuse map dose not cover the underwear area properly.

Also remember, you will need to delete the area to be replaced in original tmc file, before insert the new tmcmesh, if they belong to the same object.

I give you one example here:

1. Select unwanted vertices of an object

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.17d8b32515c039a50c0fdbb69c40ce1e.jpg

2. Move them away

Untitled-3.thumb.jpg.22caa41e3be81661fc6ccc13bc0fdfa5.jpg

3. Delete in polygon tool

Untitled-4.jpg.db6ac5f6bd7f5d87ae867a7a97b742f0.jpg

Now you left with the mesh needed to work with.

Untitled-5.jpg.d6a4080e19720de709be7ea7d1a8995e.jpg

6 hours ago, syfjhz22 said:

You are using vertices number which is very easy to make mistake.

You will also need to check your diffuse map. It's possible the skin diffuse map dose not cover the underwear area properly.

Also remember, you will need to delete the area to be replaced in original tmc file, before insert the new tmcmesh, if they belong to the same object.

I give you one example here:

1. Select unwanted vertices of an object

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.17d8b32515c039a50c0fdbb69c40ce1e.jpg

2. Move them away

Untitled-3.thumb.jpg.22caa41e3be81661fc6ccc13bc0fdfa5.jpg

3. Delete in polygon tool

Untitled-4.jpg.db6ac5f6bd7f5d87ae867a7a97b742f0.jpg

Now you left with the mesh needed to work with.

Untitled-5.jpg.d6a4080e19720de709be7ea7d1a8995e.jpg

I don't quite understand how I know which vertices to delete after moving the unwanted ones away. Also I don't know how I swap the feet of the nude model with the ones of the base model. Sorry about my incompetence, but I lack much knowledge about blender and especially modding. I have to thank you for your time and help!

4 hours ago, Squizzo said:

Here, I saved you some trouble - https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/vuZXNd0C/file.html

Holy Shit! Thank you very much! It's perfect. Anyways, I still would like to understand how to do this by myself. I know this is much of a request, but could you explain step-by-step what you did for a wanna-be modder with lack of knowledge like me? Thank you very much!

- Extract the body meshes from DLCU20 and the nude mod with the polygon remove tool

- Open both in Blender (you will need the tmcmesh import script)

- Delete the vertices between the thighs and waist on the DLCU20 body

- Delete the vertices below the thighs and above the waist on the nude body (so the bodies match up with a slight gap between them)

- Join the vertices at the gaps in the thighs and waist on the two body meshes with the vertex snap option (the magnet icon)

- Hold shift and select both body meshes and merge them with ctrl+j

- Select all vertices and press 'remove doubles'

- Export

- Remove the body from DLCU20 with the polygon remove tool

- Insert the new body into DLCU20 with the polygon insert tool

- Swap the DLCU20 body texture with the nude texture using the texture tool

12 hours ago, Squizzo said:

- Extract the body meshes from DLCU20 and the nude mod with the polygon remove tool

- Open both in Blender (you will need the tmcmesh import script)

- Delete the vertices between the thighs and waist on the DLCU20 body

- Delete the vertices below the thighs and above the waist on the nude body (so the bodies match up with a slight gap between them)

- Join the vertices at the gaps in the thighs and waist on the two body meshes with the vertex snap option (the magnet icon)

- Hold shift and select both body meshes and merge them with ctrl+j

- Select all vertices and press 'remove doubles'

- Export

- Remove the body from DLCU20 with the polygon remove tool

- Insert the new body into DLCU20 with the polygon insert tool

- Swap the DLCU20 body texture with the nude texture using the texture tool

Thank you very much! I did it now!

Only problem:

1599427740_Unbenaeswfnnt.PNG.75a8dca9d82ae6eafe11787084026c03.PNG

That's because I didn't do the snapping. I don't understand how to do this.

First, I had deleted the vertices like this:

Unbenannt.PNG.d9aa71dfb46982251eb9ef88d480b7b5.PNG

But when I try to snap nothing happens or the mesh just flicks around.

Then I did this:

Unbenanqawefnt.PNG.040ab63b18e449a7d29f3df025ac8d61.PNG

But here it is the same, I don't know how to join the vertices with the snap function.

Could you explain how to do this in detail? I tried with many different options but I couldn't get it done.

Thank you so far!

Make sure the snap option is set to snap to 'vertices' and 'closest' (buttons next to the magnet). Select a vertex and press g to grab it and move it to the closest corresponding vertex on the other body.

You cant just snap the entire body meshes together in object mode. You have to snap each vertex to its corresponding vertex on the other body (in edit mode). Take a look at the screenshots to see what I mean.

r6srh4tw9evo571e.jpg

3lc41m6d2hzfry7w.jpg

detijmprlns3bb51.jpg

6tiveuo5rob2pec8.jpg

vbe9kzhplzd8hcxu.jpg

On 1/12/2019 at 7:51 PM, Squizzo said:

Make sure the snap option is set to snap to 'vertices' and 'closest' (buttons next to the magnet). Select a vertex and press g to grab it and move it to the closest corresponding vertex on the other body.

You cant just snap the entire body meshes together in object mode. You have to snap each vertex to its corresponding vertex on the other body (in edit mode). Take a look at the screenshots to see what I mean.

Reveal hidden contents

r6srh4tw9evo571e.jpg

3lc41m6d2hzfry7w.jpg

detijmprlns3bb51.jpg

6tiveuo5rob2pec8.jpg

vbe9kzhplzd8hcxu.jpg

Thank you very much! I did it now!

Archived