Creation Kit not working

In both Oldrim and SSE I have the same issue, I start up CK (on it's own or via MO, doesn't matter), and it basically crashes while initializing archive. In CK2 I can get it to start by removing the overwrite folder, but then it doesn't show any plugins when I try to create or edit a mod, so I cant even do anything with it.

Any suggestions? I don't really know if any mods or specs are needed, just let me know and I'll add what I need to.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

For odlrim (I don't know if it working with skyrim sse):

Open skyrim folder, look for SkyrimEditor.ini and open it.

In General add those lines:

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1
bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1

In Archives check these lines:

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa
SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

If you don't have the same lines replace them by my lines.

In Messages:

bBlockMessageBoxes=0 and replace  0 by 1:

bBlockMessageBoxes=1

Save the ini, launch the ck and it should work.

• 3 months later...

Ok, I'm bringing this post back up because I may have found the issue. Now then, I had the issue of Skyrim Special Edition's CK also crashing in the exact same spot..I moved everything from my second SSD, to my primary SSD (where Steam and my operating system are located), started up CK, and boom! Worked instantly. Can CK not accomidate being on a secondary or tertiary drive? Was this the issue the whole time?

Anyhoots, I have one final (series of) question(s) regarding this matter...is it possible to have Oldrim on one drive, and CK on the primary drive? What files would I move? Would it be easier to just move Oldrim back to the C drive? Is it advised to make sure that Mod Organizer and Oldrim are on the same drive (I have MO in my data folder for Oldrim)?

So close to solving the issue! As always, thanks again in advance!

Archived