Missing Vertices (Modding)

Pickle_Juice

I wanted to make a custom melee weapon, everything was going good so far, until i try it on "Outfit Studio" and ingame, now the issue is clear, you can see a lot of missing vertices when tested ingame and/or "Outfit Studio".

I don't know if this helps but i'm currently using Blender to make the weapon, so i don't know if that's bad.

Here's an image showing the issue, the red dots are placed where the missing vertices are.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1330765821_EAGLEAXE.png.ba4c6509b6e7dcbbd542ac0a33a618f3.png

@Pickle_Juice While I'm not a Blender expert (I use 3ds Max) I've run in to this myself when exporting custom models.  When I have run in to this, it was flipped normals/faces within the mesh itself.  Apologies, but I won't be able to give you much information on how to resolve that with Blender, as I don't use - it but it's a fairly common situation and should be easy enough to resolve. 

The faces and vertices exist, they are just backwards, so when viewed in a render based engine like OS or the game, they appear different (at best) or see through (at worst).

2 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

@Pickle_Juice While I'm not a Blender expert (I use 3ds Max) I've run in to this myself when exporting custom models.  When I have run in to this, it was flipped normals/faces within the mesh itself.  Apologies, but I won't be able to give you much information on how to resolve that with Blender, as I don't use - it but it's a fairly common situation and should be easy enough to resolve. 

The faces and vertices exist, they are just backwards, so when viewed in a render based engine like OS or the game, they appear different (at best) or see through (at worst).

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Should be W key, then Flip Normals

You guys are maybe right, i haven't tested it yet, but all those faces i place them using the "Filling" option, so maybe they actually fill the gaps, but with backward faces, that could explain some faces looking darker than others in "Render" mode, i'll try it out once i'm home!

Archived