Mods on steam version

So I followed the instructions on this site to create my mod folder (Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3> FrameworkSetup> Mods> Packages), and I have packages in it, but the mods don't appear in game.

I'm playing the game on steam. Is this a problem with steam, do I need to save them somewhere else?

Alternatively, where can I get a game that will work with the mods, outside of steam?

2 hours ago, HappyerbS said:

You can add the steam key to origin (Right click sims 3 shortcut in steam copy the cd key,paste it in origin) it will add the game to your account.

Ok, so does that create a seperate Sims 3 game on my pc? Will I be able to play S3 on steam, while also modding the hell out of the origin version?

1 hour ago, bellablanche said:

Ok, so does that create a seperate Sims 3 game on my pc? Will I be able to play S3 on steam, while also modding the hell out of the origin version?

You can only have one Sims 3 installation on a computer.

If you own multiple computers then you can have a Origin version on one computer and a Steam version on another computer if you want. But you can't have an Origin version and Steam version on the same computer.

Also Steam/Valve doesn't care if you use mods with the Sims 3 if that's what you're worried about.

16 hours ago, bellablanche said:

So I followed the instructions on this site to create my mod folder (Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3> FrameworkSetup> Mods> Packages), and I have packages in it, but the mods don't appear in game.

I'm playing the game on steam. Is this a problem with steam, do I need to save them somewhere else?

Alternatively, where can I get a game that will work with the mods, outside of steam?

Forgot to ask if you set the mods framework up right.

Download this and use 7 Zip to extract it

FrameworkSetup.zip

After you extract it make sure your Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3 looks like this

ModsFolder2.jpg

Then look inside the mods folder make sure it is like this

InsideModsFolder.jpg

There are 2 mods in the packages folder for testing purposes to make sure the framework is working right

• nointro.package: This will eliminate the EA Intro video before the game starts loading, which makes it very quick and easy to see if things are setup properly. If the plumbob animation and intro videos no longer play (you go straight to the loading screen), then you know your .package file content is working.
  • NoBuildSparkles.package: This will show that your custom content is actually working in-game. Go into build mode and build a wall, or a room. If no sparkles appear, then other package format content should work as well.

Once you've tested and confirmed it's working delete the 2 mods that came with the framework as they are only for testing and keep a copy or 2 or 3 of the framework in case you need it again.

On 12/26/2018 at 8:33 PM, namaradus said:

You can only have one Sims 3 installation on a computer.

If you own multiple computers then you can have a Origin version on one computer and a Steam version on another computer if you want. But you can't have an Origin version and Steam version on the same computer.

Also Steam/Valve doesn't care if you use mods with the Sims 3 if that's what you're worried about.

I had steam's and the retail disc versions installed on the same machine, as far as I know both have different entries on the registry BUT share the same save folder (my documents/ electronic arts/ etc)

5 hours ago, JoshQ said:

I had steam's and the retail disc versions installed on the same machine, as far as I know both have different entries on the registry BUT share the same save folder (my documents/ electronic arts/ etc)

If you only knew how hard that bounces your Saved Game when it loads.

It runs the risk of Total Interface Failure meaning your active family and in some cases every sim in town has been deleted.

If it's just your active family that got wiped out you can still recover the Save but only after going through a very long and delicate process. But if it's the whole town just toss out the Save as it's broken beyond repair.

1 hour ago, bellablanche said:

Thanks everyone, got passion working.

However, when they wear their naked outfits, the censor is in place. Am I missing a mod or something?

Sim Censor Remover post #4 in Other Mods (click the reveal hidden contents spoiler) https://www.loverslab.com/topic/82485-passion-requires-patch-level-163/

And for all around censor removal Nraas Decensor https://www.nraas.net/community/Decensor

Archived