Another animation problem

Veladarius

Like a lot of other people I have been having animation problems since the last patch of Skyrim. Updating FNIS and all the animation mods pretty much solved the rapid attack issue but I still have issues with casting spells while crouching. When I go to cast a spell the arms and hands do not move and the spell just goes from the hand while down at the side. I try to keep any mods I download up to date and I have uninstalled and reinstalled any mod I could find that had any animations. I am trying to avoid a complete reinstall as I did not back up the game w/out mods (stupid me) and reinstalling 220+ mods takes several hours. Is there a way to see what animations are set to run when?

Hi.

Are you sure this problem started with the game update and not after you installed TBBP or Xp32's Maximum Skeleton? Because what you describe there sounds very much like the “typical” problem that comes with using a custom skeleton that adds new bones (no magic animation while crouched, no shield blocking animation, torches held wrong).

The solution is to apply the right patch when running the FNIS generator. If you're using CHSBHC or any other BBP mod based on that skeleton, you need to check: mirap's “CHSBHC arm fix” in the generator.

If you're using Xp32's Maximum Skeleton, you need to check: xp32's “XPMS xp32's Maximum Skeleton instead. If you don't have that patch listed in your FNIS generator you need to download and install the small update “Behavior Files V3_3_2 fix 2” from the FNIS page.

If you're using TBBP, I think there is not yet a patch for it, however, you can simply install the maximum skeleton (since it includes all the TBBP bones) and use the patch for it.

Maybe it helps, good luck :)

Archived